Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

Not sure but it doesn't seem often. And I say again - why haven't MCFC got the membership numbers up on their webpage like they have always done?

Club web-sites must adhere to a template set by FFA. I can't see a number on any of the sites I've checked.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

9,940 from A-League web-site.

So we are running 10% lower than 21 Oct last year.  A bit sad when you are always hoping for a year by year increase.  Maybe Wazza can keep the winning streak going and that will reflect in memberships (I know, I know - fair weather supporters)

Edited by mjake1234
spelling

I notice that "I am a Citizen" does not appear on this season's membership card. Also that my last "points activity" was back in October/November 2016 (10/11/2016 - I can't remember which way they were recording dates it's been so long).

Does anyone else check their Citizens account? Is "Citizens" still active or is it something else that has died?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I notice that "I am a Citizen" does not appear on this season's membership card. Also that my last "points activity" was back in October/November 2016 (10/11/2016 - I can't remember which way they were recording dates it's been so long).

Does anyone else check their Citizens account? Is "Citizens" still active or is it something else that has died?

i check to see if anything new gets added, just been the 2 redeemable shit things for months 

On 28/08/2016 at 10:09 PM, GreenSeater said:

You've chosen wisely, us City fans are all wonderful, kind-hearted, well-adjusted positive contributors to the society of Melbourne, and the other mob's supporters are a bunch of incestuous, dog-fucking, no-hoper, ugly, toothless shitcunts.

So welcome aboard the City bandwagon! Here's a few things you'll need to know to help you get started on the right foot:

1) Don't let the evil oil overlords of the City Football Group fool you, the colours of this club are red and white, not sky blue. Any expression of positivity towards sky blue on this forum will lead to you being called "brainwashed" or a sheep or a Melchester City supporter. Never, ever say that you think our home kit is nicer than our away kit. Talk only about having no training ground and having our players do their recovery sessions in wheelie bins and finishing second last. This era is what we call "The Glory Days".

2) Our wonderful Dutch manager John van't Schip, who you may recognise from his playing days as a member of Ajax and the Dutch national team, is awful. He is a man who despite his best efforts, cannot be sacked by the club. He was our first ever manager when the club was founded in 2008, and then a couple of years later he decided that he wanted to leave the club to return home for family reasons. "Family reasons" meant moving to Mexico to manage a club over there very poorly. Whilst he was gone he left former player and Australian football legend John Aloisi in charge. Aloisi decided that he didn't want to win a game ever, so he didn't. When he was eventually let go, our lord and savior JVS returned to lead us to glory (this has not yet happened despite having some of the best players in the history of the league).

3) Tim Cahill is the only person you will ever hear about in the news for the next few months. This is because he is the Australian equivalent of Pele. He is worshipped by the masses due to the fact his forhead is a ball magnet. Expect slightly longer than average lines for beer at AAMI Park for his first few games before it slowly returns to short lines as the crowds leave when they realise that we're shite.

4) Bruno Fornaroli is now your god. Worship him.

5) You may only live on a diet consisting of warm flat mid-strength beer from the stadium bar and sausages from the sausage stand. The sausage stand is the Melbourne City fans sacred place.

6) Try to avoid the Club Room section of the forum unless you enjoy discussing libertarian politics, the evils of each religion, and gambling.

7) We hate every other team in the A-League. There are reasons for our hatred of each individual club.

ADELAIDE:

- They are a pissant team from a pissant city. 

- They take all of our shit players that we don't want anymore and turn them into league champions somehow. 

- Stefan Mauk is the worst person alive. Worse than all of ISIS and Hitler combined.

BRISBANE:

- John Aloisi is their coach. We hate him. (See point 2)

CENTRAL COAST:

-They're shit.

- Like really really shit. 

- They have a brass band at their home games?

- Their kits are actually recycled from a 4/20 Legalise It rally.

MELBOURNE VICTORY:

- They're our arch rivals for no reason other than the fact they are based in the same city and wear a different shade of blue and white. Our derbies are a great spectacle, but this isn't exactly Celtic vs Rangers.

- Besart Berisha and Kevin Muscat are cunts. 

NEWCASTLE JETS:

- No matter how badly they've been playing, they always seem to beat us.

PERTH GLORY:

- Perth is full of bogans and wankers.

- Every time we go to Perth we lose. Every single time. 

SYDNEY FC:

- Our owners hate them because they stopped us from wearing a full sky blue kit.

- We hate them because the Football Federation of Australia is incredibly biased towards Sydney and Sydney FC is their favourite club.

WELLINGTON PHOENIX:

- They're from New Zealand so they fuck sheep. Our relationship with New Zealanders is the same as the rest of Britain's relationship with Wales.

- Their supporters are actually really nice so we don't hate them that much.

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS:

- Imagine every single Green Street Hooligans wannabe ultra you have ever seen and you will be able to imagine the WSW fanbase.

- They were established several years after us and have established a much larger fan base and achieved massive success which is kind of a kick in the guts to us.

So there you have it! You are now a fully fledged Melbourne City supporter! Prepare yourself for a rollercoaster of mediocrity and disappointment coupled with the occasional joy of Bruno Fornaroli being way too good for this league. Good to have you on board my friend!

@GreenSeater any chance of 2017 update. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Yes it includes W League games. The above is a new type of membership offer. 

• Like 1

I'm wondering if there are any other country based supporters who would prefer a City Traveller option of an Active 5 game ticket? Currently, City only offers a GA 5 game ticket and this is of no interest to Mrs G or myself. City keeps offering me the 'opportunity' for a silver ticket on the wing, but this is also of no interest although I understand why they are keen to upsell. It just means that we won't be renewing, we'll just buy ad hoc tickets, probably Premium C. I can't understand why they are reluctant to do this

Can someone pls explain to me why we barely pass 9k attendance for the Roar and Nix game when we clearly have more members than attendance ( don't give me that "some people just can't come" ) it's not good enough......we're on a 4 game 4 win and if we don't surpass 10k on Friday especially against SFC then wtf

13 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Can someone pls explain to me why we barely pass 9k attendance for the Roar and Nix game when we clearly have more members than attendance ( don't give me that "some people just can't come" ) it's not good enough......we're on a 4 game 4 win and if we don't surpass 10k on Friday especially against SFC then wtf

There's no point in banging on about this. It's been debated many times on here. People buy memberships for various reasons, and not solely because they want to attend every single match, and there's no obligations on attendance attached to a membership. The fact of the matter is that there are a whole host of reasons, and perfectly valid ones, why members do not always attend matches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

There's no point in banging on about this. It's been debated many times on here. People buy memberships for various reasons, and not solely because they want to attend every single match, and there's no obligations on attendance attached to a membership. The fact of the matter is that there are a whole host of reasons, and perfectly valid ones, why members do not always attend matches.

I'm calm but it's ridiculous....last nights game we witness an Adelaide attendance of 11k.....5k more than their members. 

Just Imagine Us...Just Imagine 

31 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Maybe some people have had exams on and their main concern isn't to see City when the rest of their working life depends on these exams. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

From looking at the crowd we have, it seems to be very family heavy.

Being in the same situation, I understand how it is hard to make every game.

Buying a membership for most families is really hoping to get to every second game, and maybe a bit more if all goes well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bumpyknuckles said:

From looking at the crowd we have, it seems to be very family heavy.

Being in the same situation, I understand how it is hard to make every game.

Buying a membership for most families is really hoping to get to every second game, and maybe a bit more if all goes well.

I was going to make a similar point. "10,000 members" doesn't tell the whole story. They could be anything from 10,000 completely independent adult males to 2,500 4-person families. IMO we do pitch our club towards family membership - hence "City Square", "Family Day" etc.. I would guess that if one member of a family can't go because of a conflicting commitment then there's a good chance that none of them will go. In our case, if I can't make a match, then MrsJW doesn't go by herself. Etc. etc.

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I was going to make a similar point. "10,000 members" doesn't tell the whole story. They could be anything from 10,000 completely independent adult males to 2,500 4-person families. IMO we do pitch our club towards family membership - hence "City Square", "Family Day" etc.. I would guess that if one member of a family can't go because of a conflicting commitment then there's a good chance that none of them will go. In our case, if I can't make a match, then MrsJW doesn't go by herself. Etc. etc.

so whats the expected crowd ? ):

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

so whats the expected crowd ? ):

Our highest Friday evening crowd is 13,083 (31st October 2014, vs. Adelaide - David villa's second home match). After that we come down to 11,454 (8th April 2016, again vs. Adelaide), and then 10,731 (6th January 2017, vs. WSW).

Hard to say. History suggests we won't crack 12,000.

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Our highest Friday evening crowd is 13,083 (31st October 2014, vs. Adelaide - David villa's second home match). After that we come down to 11,454 (8th April 2016, again vs. Adelaide), and then 10,731 (6th January 2017, vs. WSW).

Hard to say. History suggests we won't crack 12,000.

I reckon anything over 11k would be a pretty good result. Spewing I have to miss it tbh!

9 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Maybe we should actively discourage people who can't come to every game to become members, then we wouldn't have this problem anymore and those that are stressed about it could finally relax.

The franchise is doing that for me, I wanted a country traveller active membership, all they are prepared to offer is the current GA or they are very happy to up-sell me to silver. They've offered that option to me several times despite telling them repeatedly that silver and GA just don't cut it for us. We'll buy a Category C for this Friday's game but it looks like season ticket days are over for my family and I . :(

11 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The franchise is doing that for me, I wanted a country traveller active membership, all they are prepared to offer is the current GA or they are very happy to up-sell me to silver. They've offered that option to me several times despite telling them repeatedly that silver and GA just don't cut it for us. We'll buy a Category C for this Friday's game but it looks like season ticket days are over for my family and I . :(

Feel your pain on the active traveller - always gave me the shits they would never sell them😠

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I presume that the club sees "personally tailored memberships" as being rather open-ended and probably something of an administrative nightmare, especially as the details of memberships are handled by Sportsubs and not by the club itself. IIRC Heart had a few members in the early days who were looked after in this way, but the club soon standardised the categories.

Just now, mattyh001 said:

Feel your pain on the active traveller - always gave me the shits they would never sell them😠

They've just replied to me offering me several Sunday games, we'd have a 320km drive back to our country home after the game in order to work on Monday. Luckily we have over 30,000 season ticket holders already so they can afford to just cast off Foundation Season Ticket Holders. Why not contact City and ask them for a flexible Active season ticket?

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I presume that the club sees "personally tailored memberships" as being rather open-ended and probably something of an administrative nightmare, especially as the details of memberships are handled by Sportsubs and not by the club itself. IIRC Heart had a few members in the early days who were looked after in this way, but the club soon standardised the categories.

I'm not asking for it just for me, I'm sure that there are other City supporters that live outside Melbourne that would like to attend in Active, but not so many that the numbers attending would fluctuate by thousands each game

How many more people will jump on the bandwagon, being at the top of the ladder?  Some will for sure , we are Melbourne not Sydney, after all. 

If you're paid by the club it's absolutely amazing.  If you paying to watch football and some kind of entertainment - there's not much so far. Being bossed and busy with defense, doesn't attract.  Happy for winning but many will not pay to watch home team in its own half.

Its a bit unique and extreme situation in A-league. 

Edited by Imtellingyou

12 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

How many more people will jump on the bandwagon, being at the top of the ladder?  Some will for sure , we are Melbourne not Sydney, after all. 

If you're paid by the club it's absolutely amazing.  If you paying to watch football and some kind of entertainment - there's not much so far. Being bossed and busy with defense, doesn't attract.  Happy for winning but many will not pay to watch home team in its own half.

Its a bit unique and extreme situation in A-league. 

Yeah love the days when we "bossed" games only to draw or lose after we are up a couple of goals...so entertaining...would prefer not to boss games and win the toilet seat.

• jw1739 pinned this topic