Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

Finally arrived the remaining 4 packs. We paid to renew in July ( whenever the automatic rollover was) and to get all the memberships just 4 days before the opening game is basically poor. 

Bring on Friday and a couple Kranskys and all will be forgotten. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2017 at 8:34 PM, playmaker said:

I got mine. 4 packs and all perfect. 

Love the packaging, scarf and magnet are awesome. Much better than last year.

Don't know what all you pussies are whining about.

Come on city!!!!

My two packs arrived safely and everything I expected was present. Anyone who is a bit careless could perhaps have lost the lanyard by not realising that it was in the plastic packaging, but that's my only marginally negative comment other than the perennial chestnut of the club's colours. I'll still be wearing the scarf with blue and white on one side and red and white on the other - IMO the best scarf ever.

The doubling of the number of free GA tickets is a real positive for me.

In the future I hope that the club thinks outside the box wrt memberships, especially for the youngsters. Such as a birthday card signed by the kid's favourite player, colouring competitions, and so on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My two packs arrived safely and everything I expected was present. Anyone who is a bit careless could perhaps have lost the lanyard by not realising that it was in the plastic packaging, but that's my only marginally negative comment other than the perennial chestnut of the club's colours. I'll still be wearing the scarf with blue and white on one side and red and white on the other - IMO the best scarf ever.

The doubling of the number of free GA tickets is a real positive for me.

In the future I hope that the club thinks outside the box wrt memberships, especially for the youngsters. Such as a birthday card signed by the kid's favourite player, colouring competitions, and so on.

Agreed. Absolutely love that design. It's a bit of a shame we'll never see anything like it again.

Just now, imonyarraside said:

Anyway, happy with my membership card, for me it had to have red and white while being able to make me smile and think of better times when I am inevitably sitting there in February wondering where it all went wrong. 

image.png.9aac2cbd33680f6da0912da72ae10cd2.png

The game that picture was taken from was the day we effectively lost the title in 15/16 i think.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:14 PM, Jimmy said:

Don't know. Was confirmed delivered a week ago but I never saw it. I reckon it was too thick to fit in my mail slot so they left it on top and the cunt who drives a ute with a victory sticker across the road probably binned it. Theory I'm going with anyway.

Sprinkle some brake fluid on his bonnet :up:

Sorry if this has been covered...but anyone notice the difference on the membership lanyards this year?

NO reference to how long you have been a member of Heart/City.  It is now on very fine print on the swipe pass.  

Stops the superiority complex of some, I guess. And it makes sensitive rookie members  feel like they are on equal terms.......  

13 minutes ago, sharpy said:

I decided not to buy a Richmond membership this year and look how that turned out for the club.

I'm going to take one for the team here and not buy a City membership so that we win the premiership.

It's a fool proof plan.

Bronze statue of @sharpy outside of AAMI Park when we win the treble

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

Sorry if this has been covered...but anyone notice the difference on the membership lanyards this year?

NO reference to how long you have been a member of Heart/City.  It is now on very fine print on the swipe pass.  

Stops the superiority complex of some, I guess. And it makes sensitive rookie members  feel like they are on equal terms.......  

I wish I could. Never received it in my package. Send a message to the Club and will collect it before the game today.

Even at 9400 im staggered at how well we are doing tbh after last years abortion of a season. I still thought we'd be around normal, but not as strong as last year which was a clear outlier. Pretty good testament to how many of us are rusted on masochists i guess

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Even at 9400 im staggered at how well we are doing tbh after last years abortion of a season. I still thought we'd be around normal, but not as strong as last year which was a clear outlier. Pretty good testament to how many of us are rusted on masochists i guess

Long ago in a land far away, I learned as a callow youth watching English Division 3 that it's mostly about stoical suffering, not winning.  Triumph of blind hope over bitter experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Long ago in a land far away, I learned as a callow youth watching English Division 3 that it's mostly about stoical suffering, not winning.  Triumph of blind hope over bitter experience.

Just like being married.  You get the occasional moment of glory but mostly its just battling through the hard yards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

12th October 2016 we were on 10,138. So this season we're doing pretty well considering.

Numbers for each club: https://www.a-league.com.au/membership

Hi JW. Where did you find the 10,138 number. A-league.com has 9,838. And how come the club is still not posting the number? They certainly shouldn't be embarrassed with that figure.

1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

Hi JW. Where did you find the 10,138 number. A-league.com has 9,838. And how come the club is still not posting the number? They certainly shouldn't be embarrassed with that figure.

@mjake1234 10,138 is the number in my spreadsheet for this time last year. 9,838 is the corresponding number this year - 12th October.

So we are just 300 behind last season at the same stage.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

Bought my membership yesterday 13/10/2017 , general admission season ticket. Still have to buy my old man a Season Ticket next Thursday.

Hope we can get to 10,000 members.

Decent numbers for all A-League clubs from what I see.

For a team that's been piss poor for 8 years we are tracking extremely well. Suprised so many have stuck around.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

For a team that's been piss poor for 8 years we are tracking extremely well. Suprised so many have stuck around.

Somewhat surprised also but happy to see the club has a loyal fan base. Now if we can kick on and play some good football that fan base has good potential to grow.

• jw1739 pinned this topic