Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

My basic point is that after 30 years or more of time money and effort invested in the game at many levels this person has every right to criticise or whinge. And the put up or shut up notion is wrong in this scenario. 

Look at least Hypothetical Jovan here ;) issnt one of those twats like Mark Van Aitken or that Adam Howard who think that an Aleague club is somehow illegitimate (they also reserve a particularly nasty hatred toward us because we are foreign owned and have only come onto the scene recently) because they weren't in the NSL.

Edited by Dylan

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

My basic point is that after 30 years or more of time money and effort invested in the game at many levels this person has every right to criticise or whinge. And the put up or shut up notion is wrong in this scenario. 

Yeh i think we'll have to agree to disagree there tbh. Obv you'd want to be a bit smarter (less blunt) around how you say it, but in my book if you want your say to be acknowledged, you pretty much need to be a member.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dylan said:

You should name names on the next podcast ;) But completely agree. I have seen so many comments on how people hate 'franchises' and 'modern football' etc etc but then use bullshit marketing buzzwords like 'building a brand' and 'product' when explaining why they don't or won't sign up, go to games or to criticise a club :droy:

I'm happy to put my name to it, I was a foundation season ticket holder as were the rest of my family, we haven't renewed this season and won't until I can see some evidence of progression on all the same old issues that have been there since day 1. I'm still supporting the 3 City teams and still have a Foxtel subscription. If I can see some change I'm in.

I'm just sick of ending so many weekends angry, of making the effort to get to games just to watch the same old same old

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Doesn't matter about the coach, the Marquee as long as the pin collection continues. My biggest regret (a part from not nailing that chick in high school) was becoming a member in season two and never having that foundation pin.

Pretty sure my heart season two pin is buried 6 inches into the hallowed turf at aami after it flew off from excessive scarf swinging following Our Lord and Saviour Jason Hoffman scoring against wsw one night. The only night i ever truly walked in a Hoffman Wonderland, albeit for only 10 min.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

No bumper sticker is yet another reason why all people in Marketing should be first against the wall come the next revolution.

How stupid can you get? Every sticker on a car is a floating advertisement for the club and it costs SFA. Hell, for bang for your buck they should be printing thousands of the bloody things and giving them away in droves at games.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic