Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

16 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

So. all these so called rusted on fans are disappearing all of a sudden. The rusted on coat must have fallen of to reveal the true fair weather fan, honestly some of you people really need a reality check. This is NOT the premier league or the SreieA  or the La Liga for goodness sake get behind your club and the new manager , give them all the true support they need  and if things do not change then i am sure that CFG will do something about it, so stop all this doom and gloom .

Lol!! You want me to re-sign for my Preium A family membership when we can only get to 3 games at most this season???Circumstances change - work requirements changes, kids leave home and move away, major holidays are booked etc. It's life. 

But to be called "fair weather" when we've attended over 70 games in the last 6 years with a 200km round trip each time is insulting.  I haven't seen much "fair weather" with this club.   I resent being told what type of fan I am by anyone who has no idea of who I am or the effort we have put in to support this club.

• Like 2

I just went though all the seating sections to look at availability for next season - there are plenty of seats available everywhere. Clearly plenty of people have opted not to renew at this stage anyway. I really think they've just over-stepped the mark in pricing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just went though all the seating sections to look at availability for next season - there are plenty of seats available everywhere. Clearly plenty of people have opted not to renew at this stage anyway. I really think they've just over-stepped the mark in pricing.

I have tried to have a look at the memberships a few times. Specifically, I wanted to check seating on the wings, and found the system ridiculously clunky. The site actually refuses to allow me to create an account.

29 minutes ago, Blackout said:

I have tried to have a look at the memberships a few times. Specifically, I wanted to check seating on the wings, and found the system ridiculously clunky. The site actually refuses to allow me to create an account.

What I do is go to the membership page, click on "Join", then "City Blue More Info", then "Buy now" against the Adult membership, and then you will see "Seating Availability" at the top of the page where you can go though each reserved seat section (for the whole stadium not just "City Blue") section by section. You don't actually have to try to buy anything at all. Then leave the club web-site altogether. Takes about 5 minutes total to see what's available and where.

I would think a whole lot more will become available on 1st July.

Edited by jw1739

5 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Lol!! You want me to re-sign for my Preium A family membership when we can only get to 3 games at most this season???Circumstances change - work requirements changes, kids leave home and move away, major holidays are booked etc. It's life. 

But to be called "fair weather" when we've attended over 70 games in the last 6 years with a 200km round trip each time is insulting.  I haven't seen much "fair weather" with this club.   I resent being told what type of fan I am by anyone who has no idea of who I am or the effort we have put in to support this club.

I'm sorry, did i mention your name? i was referring to all those so called rusted on fans who have decided to bail out because they don't like the signing of the new coach but if the cap fits then wear it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Whilst I totally get Johnno's point of view, I most definitely respect this too. 

3 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

I'm sorry, did i mention your name? i was referring to all those so called rusted on fans who have decided to bail out because they don't like the signing of the new coach but if the cap fits then wear it.

I don't like the signing, it isn't ambitious enough for me so I guess that describes me. I'm not bailing on the team just bailing on the season ticket and match attendance until I can be reasonably happy that at least the team will make a consistent effort and I won't leave angry or numb

Edited by belaguttman

9 hours ago, imonyarraside said:

I'm just simply not signing up unless they schedule three or four Sunday games, work stops me from going Friday and Saturday.

Whilst l can attend any day, it's definitely a race against time for Friday night football. Personally, l like the Saturday 5pm/7:30pm games or Sunday 3pm/5pm games. They need to realise we have a lot of young members and need suitable days and times to maximise attendance, but FFA does the fixtures so like they care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Whilst l can attend any day, it's definitely a race against time for Friday night football. Personally, l like the Saturday 5pm/7:30pm games or Sunday 3pm/5pm games. They need to realise we have a lot of young members and need suitable days and times to maximise attendance, but Foxtel does the fixtures so like they care.

FTFY.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Surely, not dictated solely by Foxtel? I'm sure the FFA last season pushed to have City for many Friday nights for the Cahill effect.

Ask yourself why that would be?

Cahill effect was applicable to ratings as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Surely, not dictated solely by Foxtel? I'm sure the FFA last season pushed to have City for many Friday nights for the Cahill effect.

FFA might draw up a proposed fixture for the season, but the schedule and fine-timing of the matches is determined by Foxtel. 

We moved from 7.30 p.m. to 7.50 p.m. for evening matches because of Foxtel. And surely you've noticed that matches don't actually kick-off until the Fox people give the referee the OK?

It's all about the TV audience. You will remember the seating arrangements and the farcical trophy presentation at the W-League GF two seasons ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, neio said:

Has anyone else just had their membership cost taken out of their account? Never had it happen before 

Yes. First monthly payment. City Blue.

And just looking at a few sections, seats have been released for general sale. But not as many as I had perhaps expected.

Edited by jw1739

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes. First monthly payment. City Blue.

And just looking at a few sections, seats have been released for general sale. But not as many as I had perhaps expected.

I pay mine in full in one payment, always have and never had it automatically come out. Not super happy that $270 has been taken out of my account without me saying yes do it or knowing about it. 

If I understand it correctly, if you've opted in for automatic renewal and haven't specified monthly payments, then that's what happens.

If you're unhappy I suggest calling the membership line on Monday. I'm sure you could reverse this payment and opt for monthly if you wished - you can always say "financial hardship" or similar.

No harm in trying. They handled my change of membership category very easily and were most helpful while doing so.

• Like 2

Yeah just checked my email and saw I've been charged quite a large sum from Melbourne City. Wanted to upgrade my memberships to reserved seating. Didn't want to take quite a big hit as i did (over $500 with 3 memberships) this early as I'm travelling to Europe this week for 8 weeks. Wtf do I do i want a complete refund tbh.

37 minutes ago, Fredinho69 said:

Yeah just checked my email and saw I've been charged quite a large sum from Melbourne City. Wanted to upgrade my memberships to reserved seating. Didn't want to take quite a big hit as i did (over $500 with 3 memberships) this early as I'm travelling to Europe this week for 8 weeks. Wtf do I do i want a complete refund tbh.

My advice would be the same as I gave neio above. Your travel arrangements are a sound justification for asking. I see no real reason why they would refuse - you wish to retain your membership but pay monthly. All they need do is reverse the $500 and then charge you a first monthly instalment.

Suggest you give it a go. Good luck with it.

I never opted in for auto renewal and just got a bill for 600 bucks!  Wtf is this shit. Fuck this club honestly. Incompetent on and off the pitch. 

Not only that but it was about $150 more than last year!!! Wtf have they done to justify such a price rise?

54 minutes ago, loriente said:

I never opted in for auto renewal and just got a bill for 600 bucks!  Wtf is this shit. Fuck this club honestly. Incompetent on and off the pitch. 

Not only that but it was about $150 more than last year!!! Wtf have they done to justify such a price rise?

Cmon man, Cahill's wage doesn't pay itself.

• Like 1

Ah. Now I see it. You've all apparently been caught by the terms of the City Opt-in facility.

The terms and conditions that apply to Opt-in are listed in detail here: https://cms2.performgroup.com/dct/ffa-dtc-performgroup-eu-west-1/Melbourne City FC City Opt-In Terms and Conditions_1l2017lyp79va1l062kiqyfc9x.pdf

The critical section is section 2, which reads as follows:

2. If you pay your membership fees by MasterCard or Visa credit or debit card, unless you elect to opt out of City Opt-In in accordance with directions issued by the Club from time to time, you authorise Melbourne City FC to automatically renew your membership each season into the same seat (if applicable) and package (or a reasonably comparable package) and to deduct the applicable membership fees from the MasterCard or Visa credit or debit card used to purchase your previous membership.

The underlining is mine. In essence, it's an "Opt-out" system rather than "Opt-in."

The question is whether you have been contacted as per section 4, which reads as follows:

4. If you participate in the City Opt-In program, the Club will contact you prior to processing any renewal. You will have 28 days from the date of the Club’s notice to advise the Club of any changes or upgrades you wish to make to your membership package, or to notify Melbourne City FC in writing if you do not wish to roll over your membership into the next season. Strict timeframes apply. If you do not notify the Club that you do not wish to roll over your membership during this period, you will be taken to have agreed to your membership being rolled over.

I don't keep my e-mails long enough to check whether a reminder was issued - I would think if it was it would have been in early May. Maybe someone who keeps their messages for longer could check?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

already sick of the constant fucking spamming on social media about our fixtures and how people should sign up, how about announce a signing and actually get people excited than seeing who we play in april 

I remember the days when there were complaints about the clubs lack of media presence

• Like 5

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

I remember the days when there were complaints about the clubs lack of media presence

IMO there's a difference between media as in radio, TV and print, and social media as in Twitter and Facebook. The first requires some thought put into content and presentation.

I'm with Thrillhouse in that I find it hard to get excited over, for example, our last home match of the season in April 2018 being against Central Coast.

21 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Very true, but there is a difference between keeping grinding on top 5 moments, fixtures of 9 months ahead vs actual news or new topics to keep us interested.

• jw1739 pinned this topic