Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

27 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Ironically i actually think that season was the most enjoyable to be a Heart/City fan for me in our clubs existence.

I know exactly what your saying. I chose it only because we finished 10th and tbh it was the season before that was worse, just not on the ladder (or the total points accumulated for that matter.

But Id definitely agree. Our run with JVS was some of the best moments I've had as a supporter of the club. It was also the season of IMO our greatest game (home v Sydney with a David Williams pearler) and our drubbing of the tards 4-0. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

I know exactly what your saying. I chose it only because we finished 10th and tbh it was the season before that was worse, just not on the ladder (or the total points accumulated for that matter.

But Id definitely agree. Our run with JVS was some of the best moments I've had as a supporter of the club. It was also the season of IMO our greatest game (home v Sydney with a David Williams pearler) and our drubbing of the tards 4-0. 

Yep those moments truly stand out for me. The hype around the takeover plus all the away trips i did that season also make it what it was.

As far as least enjoyable seasons go id agree with either season three or the one just gone. Even then, the one just gone was quite good until December: it fell to pieces when Bobo got that dodgy af pen in Sydney and never recovered.

Edited by bt50

10 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Hahaha 😂😂 i was overeating but with the players we had and if we had a good coach.   We could have finished first or second. Anyway that was last season. Hopefully today we find out who our coach is

agreed.  i do remember going through the numbers for the end of that season and for memory we ranked third (give or take a spot) for the second half of the season - and that's with us losing the last five games straight.

it did help having the beast that was Engelaar fit and firing in those last 13 games.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

I Have just received a parcel from MCFC with a sun hat, shirt, bottle opener and a pin. No letter, note or explanation. Anyone else get one? Is this part of the membership pack? I have let my membership roll over.

Yes. Got that also. Did you participate in City Voice live chat at some stage? I'm sure that's why mine came. I remember being promised some merchandise.

2 minutes ago, 3 Points said:

Yes. Got that also. Did you participate in City Voice live chat at some stage? I'm sure that's why mine came. I remember being promised some merchandise.

Yeah I reckon that was the reason I got the same thing in the post the other day, I remember them sending an email asking for my address for exactly that reason after the chat I did - however after about three weeks of waiting and nothing turning up I thought there was no chance of anything coming

The gear they sent is good given all it cost is a half hour or so of my time - but the bucket hat they sent is big enough to fit that drawing of Mooys head from that Tifo last year

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cityamatic said:

Yeah I reckon that was the reason I got the same thing in the post the other day, I remember them sending an email asking for my address for exactly that reason after the chat I did - however after about three weeks of waiting and nothing turning up I thought there was no chance of anything coming

The gear they sent is good given all it cost is a half hour or so of my time - but the bucket hat they sent is big enough to fit that drawing of Mooys head from that Tifo last year

Got the same. No note. A top, a bucket hat that is massive and bottle opener. I assumed it was from city voice. 

8 hours ago, 3 Points said:

That must be it. I was on the live chat and they did say that merch would be sent, so thank you for that MCFC - but no note??

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Just (9th June) had a look at various sections compared with the screen shots I took on 4th May. A lot more seats shown as available now than a month ago.

Would that be because of all the people that had seats last year havnt renewed and is now open for anyone wanting to purchase a ticket.

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

Would that be because of all the people that had seats last year havnt renewed and is now open for anyone wanting to purchase a ticket.

The point I was making is that it means exactly that. Plenty of non-renewals. My old seats in City Gold are shown as vacant and available. Good seats if anyone wants them,

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

The point I was making is that it means exactly that. Plenty of non-renewals. My old seats in City Gold are shown as vacant and available. Good seats if anyone wants them,

Got ya. I was thinking of going City Class this year but i really dont think they would tolerate the home truths and language been shouted 

Edited by jw1739

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

What a missed opportunity not to have a members function/open day or equivalent at CFA this week while the Argentinian squad was based out there. FMD, the club can retweet a picture of Munn holding the Stradbroke Handicap trophy but hasn't got a bloody clue of how to connect with members.

Pretty sure the Argentineans wanted maximum privacy around their training. So I'm not sure what good that would have done as they wouldn't have bought into it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rass said:

Pretty sure the Argentineans wanted maximum privacy around their training. So I'm not sure what good that would have done as they wouldn't have bought into it.

Nah, it's all CFG's fault, fuck those cunts

• Like 2

I heard a rumour from a friend who has a Macedonian hairdresser, whose second cousin is married to a Greek construction worker , who said he hasn't heard anything about the upcoming season

and I still went and purchased my membership

a fool and his money are soon parted

• Like 6

On 11/06/2017 at 9:41 AM, jw1739 said:

What a missed opportunity not to have a members function/open day or equivalent at CFA this week while the Argentinian squad was based out there. FMD, the club can retweet a picture of Munn holding the Stradbroke Handicap trophy but hasn't got a bloody clue of how to connect with members.

On 11/06/2017 at 4:03 PM, rass said:

Correct, Argentina wouldn't let anyone near their sessions at all. Media was only allowed to attend the first 15 minutes and then they were kicked out as well.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

hi, Anyone here that works or a part of the city community match day? anything that is related in working for the club..im interested in joining, so if anyone is a part of it i would love to get in contact with.

Maybe best you contact the club directly?

5 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

right , i have but just havent yet recieved a reply /: but anyways was just looking if anyone here is a part of it so i could possibly get in contact

Just rock up Monday morning and ask where your office is.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

right , i have but just havent yet recieved a reply /: but anyways was just looking if anyone here is a part of it so i could possibly get in contact

You may have a long wait for an answer. I offered to be a volunteer two years ago and have still not had a reply.

7 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

hi, Anyone here that works or a part of the city community match day? anything that is related in working for the club..im interested in joining, so if anyone is a part of it i would love to get in contact with.

I hear that the club has a managerial vacancy if you're interested? How unlucky would you say you are?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Did you go via this page? http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/about/volunteers/dn76ods9fx9o1voxq1rt8ybc9

Are you a member? If you are, I wouldn't be afraid to ring the club and ask to speak to someone who deals with volunteers. My experiences with the club suggest to me that e-mails are unlikely to get a response, but usually the people manning the telephones are quite helpful.

11 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

If you want to help out on match day I suggest getting involved in active support. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Just get yourself a coral coloured polo, come up with a few lame chants and you got yourself a job.

I'm just glad I got stuck into him about the coral polo before squires did. #hipster

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Or scream "I am Melbourne" at a terrorist. Hools love that shit these days...

FUCK ISIS banners do the trick too

• Like 1

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

I'm just glad I got stuck into him about the coral polo before squires did. #hipster

What about the temple pointing. 

He could suffer long term damage especially if we don't get a good coach.

On 16/06/2017 at 1:47 AM, Afif Adam said:

Apparently that email doesn't work. I suggest emailing the club directly at this one

For all General Enquiries at Melbourne City FC, please email info@melbournecityfc.com.au

Edited by eric forman

• jw1739 pinned this topic