Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

I rang memberships today to cancel my automatic rollover as I was waiting to see who the new coach was. I was told that many people have rung with the same request and now they've changed the billing arrangements, as long as you cancel before the first payment is made on July 1st you can keep your current automatic rollover and your current seat and you won't be charged

• Like 2

10 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I rang memberships today to cancel my automatic rollover as I was waiting to see who the new coach was. I was told that many people have rung with the same request and now they've changed the billing arrangements, as long as you cancel before the first payment is made on July 1st you can keep your current automatic rollover and your current seat and you won't be charged

So does that mean that all seats currently held by last season's members are now not available for new members until 1st July instead of 1st June?

Just policy on the run because they made a mistake going so early. The staff in the membership department are doing their very best with a lousy policy. The young lady there was most helpful in helping us move from City Gold to City Blue - all done with a couple of e-mails and a telephone call.

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So does that mean that all seats currently held by last season's members are now not available for new members until 1st July instead of 1st June?

Just policy on the run because they made a mistake going so early. The staff in the membership department are doing their very best with a lousy policy. The young lady there was most helpful in helping us move from City Gold to City Blue - all done with a couple of e-mails and a telephone call.

Yes that would be my understanding of what I was told, after July 1 and non renewing season ticket holders will have their seats unreserved

On 5/1/2017 at 11:17 AM, jw1739 said:

Just to clarify...we will renew, but we are changing from Gold to Blue. But like Playmaker I didn't realise how much I actually cared about the club until following the semi-finals over the weekend and thinking how we should have been part of it. I think I felt worse about that than the Perth match itself. I'm a sad case really.

Its taken me exactly 1 month to get over that last game. So many emotions from  just 1 game.   I Was going to upgrade this year from Blue to  silver/gold , but cannot justify now based on price vs performance.  We are $400 more expensive for a family for a gold membership than the other Mob.... The entertainment value** doesn't justify the extra $$$  

That and i've got some good seats reserved just behind the tarp that my boy reckons are better seats than the gold we had for the final. I

Saved me $800 (Blue vs Gold) , i might have spent more if i thought the club was going somewhere. 

53 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I have just taken the survey. Feel better now.

One question was missing. "How confident are you that anyone will take any notice of the results of this survey?" I've yet to see quantitative results from any of the previous surveys. And "Sign up to City Voice" when the questions there just go unanswered?

• Like 1

jw1739, i have just done the survey and did not hold back in voicing my opinion about our performance and the non answering of questions on City Voice. I also wrote a piece regarding the rush to get members to resign before May 31st  and the ever increasing cost of memberships so hopefully i may get some sort of reply. I won't be holding my breath though.

• Like 2

My response to the 'one word summary to the season' question was 'failure'. Tossing up between that or 'rubbish'

@johnno cpfc

I didn't hold back either. A lot of zero ratings and gave my thoughts on management and coaches that's for sure.

Will it matter? Don't think so.

Wonder if they will post the results to the survey to their members? :unsure:

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

My response to the 'one word summary to the season' question was 'failure'. Tossing up between that or 'rubbish'

@johnno cpfc

I didn't hold back either. A lot of zero ratings and gave my thoughts on management and coaches that's for sure.

Will it matter? Don't think so.

Wonder if they will post the results to the survey to their members? :unsure:

Definitely won't see the results. 

I went with Frustrating. 

I wrote some long and detailed responses, who knows of it'll be read but I didn't hold back, I feel better though. When the best thing about the match day experience is the sausage stand outside the stadium you know that you have problems. I suggested lowering ticket prices to $5 until we have a crowd of 20,000 as on field success and ground atmosphere are the best drivers of success. Just look at Sydney FC, they struggle to attract a crowd in a stadium with no atmosphere and they have less season ticket holders than we do.

I suggested that the entire club from the CEO to the person that answers the phone needs to sit on a bus that is driven at full speed off St Kilda pier while singing "So Happy Together" so we can start afresh next season.

Not sure if they'll award me the signed club shirt, but if so it's bound to rise in value as sporting memorabilia if the suggestion is followed.

• Like 3

Not renewing until they announce the new manager.

i don't think that's unreasonable. These guys have known for at least a year they would need a manager now so I shouldn't need to commit my money before they get their shit together.

If I lose my seat so be it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Not renewing until they announce the new manager.

i don't think that's unreasonable. These guys have known for at least a year they would need a manager now so I shouldn't need to commit my money before they get their shit together.

If I lose my seat so be it.

Understand fully your stance. 

I'm a little on the other side off the fence. I'm renewing regardless of whom they appoint as senior coach assistant or which players they sack and which they bring in. Basically I'll continue to renew regardless of what the club does its more to do with my own and kids want to attend. At this point in time we all still enjoy the fortnightly adventure and when that wanes then we will probably stop.

Having said that if they appoint some washed up shit cunt as coach I'm out.

11 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Understand fully your stance. 

I'm a little on the other side off the fence. I'm renewing regardless of whom they appoint as senior coach assistant or which players they sack and which they bring in. Basically I'll continue to renew regardless of what the club does its more to do with my own and kids want to attend. At this point in time we all still enjoy the fortnightly adventure and when that wanes then we will probably stop.

Having said that if they appoint some washed up shit cunt as coach I'm out.

I'll keep renewing until I can't physically make it to my seat anymore. I've watched various clubs over the years and the game keeps drawing me back whoever the manager is and whatever the results. I can't imagine not going.

• Like 5

On 5/23/2017 at 10:04 AM, belaguttman said:

Yes that would be my understanding of what I was told, after July 1 and non renewing season ticket holders will have their seats unreserved

It seems that they are still adhering to 31st May as the cut-off for certain aspects of memberships next season.

This was tweeted only 18 hours ago. 

On 5/23/2017 at 6:13 PM, johnno cpfc said:

jw1739, i have just done the survey and did not hold back in voicing my opinion about our performance and the non answering of questions on City Voice. I also wrote a piece regarding the rush to get members to resign before May 31st  and the ever increasing cost of memberships so hopefully i may get some sort of reply. I won't be holding my breath though.

well as i thought  NO reply i think they have shut up shop for the winter and all gone of to sunnier climes. However like JW1739 i have renewed but as i told the memmbership person on the phone if we do the same as this season then this will be my last. So, hurry on the new coach and some good signings.

13 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

I don't care who the new manager is. A new City member will be signed up just in time for the price freeze. And that new member will be my baby boy who was born today! 

Congrats man, all the best of health to bubs and the family. Awesome!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

I don't care who the new manager is. A new City member will be signed up just in time for the price freeze. And that new member will be my baby boy who was born today! 

angrykids-6.jpg

Little Tony after we choke again in next years Preliminary Final

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Congratulations. Nothing better.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 11:15 PM, Tony999 said:

Good luck getting them to sit still for more than 1 minute once they start crawling. 

• Like 2

I will look to buy in early August if they hire a manager from Europe.

If they hire Gombeau i will not buy a membership don't need that over-rated nobody as a manager. Last season was my first year as a member of any A-League club. 

Edited by AlwaysHeart

3 hours ago, AlwaysHeart said:

I will look to buy in early August if they hire a manager from Europe.

If they hire Gombeau i will not buy a membership don't need that over-rated nobody as a manager. Last season was my first year as a member of any A-League club. 

Hahaha u picked the worst season to sign up

• jw1739 pinned this topic