Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

This might be an option?

Partizan Ultras strip club captain of armband

jack-fox.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=40&h=40&crop=1
Jack Fox for Metro.co.ukWednesday 7 Aug 2013 12:24 pm

Video: Partizan Ultras strip club captain of armband

Partizan Belgrade’s army of fans the ultras are not a band to be messed with, even if you happen to be one of the team’s star players.

Following Belgrade’s surprising 3-1 Champions League defeat at the hands of Bulgarian side Ludogorets Razgrad on Tuesday night the ultras took it into their own hands to express their dismay at their team’s dismal performance.

Angered by the defeat Belgrade fans began chanting for the board to be sacked which saw Partizan players head toward the touchline in an effort to calm the situation.

However, the move just angered the fans even more and resulted in well-known Partizan ultra leader Milos Radisavljevic Kimi jumping down onto the pitch and marching over to club captain Marku Scepovicu and removing the skipper’s armband.

Kimi then walked back to the stands with the armband completely unchallenged by officals, security guards or indeed the player himself.

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

This might be an option?

Partizan Ultras strip club captain of armband

jack-fox.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=40&h=40&crop=1
Jack Fox for Metro.co.ukWednesday 7 Aug 2013 12:24 pm

Video: Partizan Ultras strip club captain of armband

Partizan Belgrade’s army of fans the ultras are not a band to be messed with, even if you happen to be one of the team’s star players.

Following Belgrade’s surprising 3-1 Champions League defeat at the hands of Bulgarian side Ludogorets Razgrad on Tuesday night the ultras took it into their own hands to express their dismay at their team’s dismal performance.

Angered by the defeat Belgrade fans began chanting for the board to be sacked which saw Partizan players head toward the touchline in an effort to calm the situation.

However, the move just angered the fans even more and resulted in well-known Partizan ultra leader Milos Radisavljevic Kimi jumping down onto the pitch and marching over to club captain Marku Scepovicu and removing the skipper’s armband.

Kimi then walked back to the stands with the armband completely unchallenged by officals, security guards or indeed the player himself.

If u r saying that Fornaroli should not be captain (which i do think he shouldnt be). What are some other options to be captain.

Kilkenny

Jakobsen 

Cahill

In all seriousness I don't think the club is overly concerned about what members think. Our owners are going to do things "their way" whatever anyone else does, says or thinks. I think they've demonstrated that, particularly during the season just concluded.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

If u r saying that Fornaroli should not be captain (which i do think he shouldnt be). What are some other options to be captain.

Kilkenny

Jakobsen 

Cahill

No I'm not saying that.

I'm merely pointing out as fans there are some extreme measures you can take to express your disapproval of the way the team and club are operating. 

Now at no point do I like or enjoy seeing things taken this far.

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Please clarify who said that to whom.

I don't think we put enough pressure on the club either. But how the hell do you do that? Boo the players, do the slow handclap? Cancel your membership, write to the club, to the newspaper, via City Voice,, via the FRG, etc. etc. - as far as I can make out, any adverse comments are simply painted over in sky blue and ignored.

Basically there's bugger all you can do.

That was Daniel Garb on a podcast with Simon Hill and a few other pundits

1 hour ago, seamolyons said:

we would get away with the flares, the cove ripped about 5 times 

Yeah, they got away with it because they are the Sydney FC.

38 minutes ago, Jovan said:

No I'm not saying that.

I'm merely pointing out as fans there are some extreme measures you can take to express your disapproval of the way the team and club are operating. 

Now at no point do I like or enjoy seeing things taken this far.

Gotta love the Eastern European mentality. Players are not allowed to leave the ground due to death threats.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Yeah, they got away with it because they are the Sydney FC.

Gotta love the Eastern European mentality. Players are not allowed to leave the ground due to death threats.

I remember reading a story of a ref that was followed for over 200km after a game in a lower division. He was so scared that he finally stopped at a police station. Once the police officer found out the situation he basically said he can't help him its his problem for being a ref. Just crazy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Please clarify who said that to whom.

I don't think we put enough pressure on the club either. But how the hell do you do that? Boo the players, do the slow handclap? Cancel your membership, write to the club, to the newspaper, via City Voice,, via the FRG, etc. etc. - as far as I can make out, any adverse comments are simply painted over in sky blue and ignored.

Basically there's bugger all you can do.

Yes, all of those things would help, I'd also add banners about how we expect 94 minutes of effort and commitment and that we won't tolerate mediocrity. The management will paper it over but the message will be clear to the players

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, all of those things would help, I'd also add banners about how we expect 94 minutes of effort and commitment and that we won't tolerate mediocrity. The management will paper it over but the message will be clear to the players

If the players need a banner telling them that the fans expect them to put in all game then they're not the right players and should be moved on.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Embee said:

If the players need a banner telling them that the fans expect them to put in all game then they're not the right players and should be moved on.

As should the coaches etc. who allow it to keep happening. The very fact that there's a suspicion that a team isn't putting in 100% for the whole match is enough for me - it means that in fact they are not.

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It seems though that if we don't do it then it won't happen

I wouldn't waste the money/time/effort on a banner that is likely to be confiscated anyway. The slow hand-clap is by far the easiest and doesn't cost a cent.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

In all seriousness I don't think the club is overly concerned about what members think. Our owners are going to do things "their way" whatever anyone else does, says or thinks. I think they've demonstrated that, particularly during the season just concluded.

That's true but match day is the only opportunity for the fans to communicate directly with the players and franchise management through our response to on field performance and to make our expectations clear

21 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

That's true but match day is the only opportunity for the fans to communicate directly with the players and franchise management through our response to on field performance and to make our expectations clear

I think that was tried with our last match with "we are shit chant" that got booed by most. 

So unless we are totally diabolical it's going to be hard to get anything from the terraces. 

10 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I think that was tried with our last match with "we are shit chant" that got booed by most. 

So unless we are totally diabolical it's going to be hard to get anything from the terraces. 

You would not believe the amount of "saying were shit makes you not a real fan - you have to support the boys no matter what" types there are out there. Being a fan doesn't mean you can't criticise the team

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

You would not believe the amount of "saying were shit makes you not a real fan - you have to support the boys no matter what" types there are out there. Being a fan doesn't mean you can't criticise the team

Very true, it's easy to forget we're in a bit of an echo chamber on this forum. Whilst those negative chants and dissenting banners are viewed as acceptable (and in some cases necessary) amongst most of the fans on here there are substantial numbers out there who feel that criticizing somehow leads to you being less of a fan than those who blindly follow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Embee said:

Very true, it's easy to forget we're in a bit of an echo chamber on this forum. Whilst those negative chants and dissenting banners are viewed as acceptable (and in some cases necessary) amongst most of the fans on here there are substantial numbers out there who feel that criticizing somehow leads to you being less of a fan than those who blindly follow.

Bit of an echo chamber? It's worse than sky news

7 minutes ago, Embee said:

If I still had access to Melburnians fb inbox some of the messages I could role out haha

• Like 1

If the club was listening it would get the message from its own Facebook page. Quite a few of the comments on there are very much to the point.

And although the number of contributors to City Voice is small, there's not much there that could be called complimentary.

IMO the message is there if the club really wanted to take notice of it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jovan said:

There's a difference between attacking the team and being critical. We can at least say what we think, "we expect better", or ask the team "are you happy with this performance?" Not all fans will support that but it doesn't mean that it should remain unsaid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

That's why match day responses from the supporters are the best options

100% agree!

I also agree with Garby, we arnt the most passionate supporter base but maybe that comes from a 5 year headstart to Victory and a definate acceptance of mediocrity. I know where I sit we start to get under the skin of people around us when we are on the teams back, Its also recognised by one Francis Leach on SEN that said that you could not find a nicer group of fans in any sport in Melbourne or something to that affect. Its never really bothered me but Garby has really put it out there and now it bothers me.

I gave no fucks when the "we are shit" chant went out and maybe that can be a catalyst for how the other supporters react next year. I really dont know how JVS lasted so long without week after week of banners saying JVS out. 

21 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

100% agree!

I also agree with Garby, we arnt the most passionate supporter base but maybe that comes from a 5 year headstart to Victory and a definate acceptance of mediocrity. I know where I sit we start to get under the skin of people around us when we are on the teams back, Its also recognised by one Francis Leach on SEN that said that you could not find a nicer group of fans in any sport in Melbourne or something to that affect. Its never really bothered me but Garby has really put it out there and now it bothers me.

I gave no fucks when the "we are shit" chant went out and maybe that can be a catalyst for how the other supporters react next year. I really dont know how JVS lasted so long without week after week of banners saying JVS out. 

JVS' greatest trick was the deception that he was almost a good manager, just when you had all but given up hope a mini run would come and we'd win 5 in a row. It's hard to justify a "JvS out banner" when you're on a winning streak.

Now if you hadn't noticed people on this forum are woker than most (see @strider's flat earth thread as proof) but on fb - where most normie fans reside - the issue was split. I was once even told to kill myself on a city Facebook group for saying JvS out in the middle of one of gage aforementioned streaks.

my point basically is this; I can't believe in this day and age people don't keep their tomato sauce in the fridge.

• Like 2

I'm an admin of a City fan page on Facebook, and the day after the semi-final loss I received a message saying the following:

"For all those who were saying JVS out, including FFA cup City's record with jvs 11-5-3 Valkanis 5-1-8"

Some people really have no clue :droy:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

JVS' greatest trick was the deception that he was almost a good manager, just when you had all but given up hope a mini run would come and we'd win 5 in a row. It's hard to justify a "JvS out banner" when you're on a winning streak.

Now if you hadn't noticed people on this forum are woker than most (see @strider's flat earth thread as proof) but on fb - where most normie fans reside - the issue was split. I was once even told to kill myself on a city Facebook group for saying JvS out in the middle of one of gage aforementioned streaks.

my point basically is this; I can't believe in this day and age people don't keep their tomato sauce in the fridge.

Im not on facebook so really am only talking city's failings in this forum and am a little surprised to hear that people wear rose coloured glasses on fb. 

And if im honest i dont keep my sauce in the fridge, but i think there are that many preservatives mixed into it that there is no need. 

11 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

And if im honest i dont keep my sauce in the fridge, but i think there are that many preservatives mixed into it that there is no need. 

Neither do I. It makes it all congealed around the top and so you don't get much out of it even after you shake it. Rather like our coaching team...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • jw1739 pinned this topic