Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

And, of course, you've got only until 31st May to make a decision. By which time you probably won't know any squad changes, or the name of the new manager, the fixture details, or anything else about next season. This is not fair on existing members.

That's the genius of it. Force us to re-sign before the terrible choice of a manager is announced.

But really the only thing that you are jeopardizing by waiting is your actual seat. 

So unless you have a real conection to that particular seat why not wait until the new season actually begins.

Last season you had the added financial incentive.

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

But really the only thing that you are jeopardizing by waiting is your actual seat. 

So unless you have a real conection to that particular seat why not wait until the new season actually begins.

Last season you had the added financial incentive.

That's true. But remember that many of the more expensive seats are not under cover. So if you are under cover there's an incentive to keep the seat(s).

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

That's true. But remember that many of the more expensive seats are not under cover. So if you are under cover there's an incentive to keep the seat(s).

Agree. But seriously how much demand would there be for the premium seats? 

I find it hard to see why any existing members would want to upgrade and for newbies starting at the top end is also less likely.

14 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Agree. But seriously how much demand would there be for the premium seats? 

I find it hard to see why any existing members would want to upgrade and for newbies starting at the top end is also less likely.

I am pretty confident in saying that the Category A/City Gold tickets are the hardest seats to get (for a walk-up, anyway). It's just that nobody who has the tickets actually turns up.

I'm not a fare-weather supporter. Opt In from me

On 4/7/2017 at 2:12 PM, Blackout said:

I am pretty confident in saying that the Category A/City Gold tickets are the hardest seats to get (for a walk-up, anyway). It's just that nobody who has the tickets actually turns up.

Yeah thats right. Ill be changing to a GA membership from next season since Im not in Melb for a couple of years and will probably be annoyed when I want to upgrade every now and then that I cant

Let me get this straight, our memberships are already more expensive than Victory's, but if you purchase before 31st of May you get the price freeze? So that means it will be even more expensive cutting off any potential new members or EXISTING members for that matter?!

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Let me get this straight, our memberships are already more expensive than Victory's, but if you purchase before 31st of May you get the price freeze? So that means it will be even more expensive cutting off any potential new members or EXISTING members for that matter?!

When I last checked in mid-March there were very few seats left in any of the reserved seat membership categories, particularly City Blue, because I checked Bay by Bay. As I understand it, these seats are not available for sale until 1st June, because the existing member has the right to renew and retain those seats until 31st May.

So in reality the price freeze is, with few exceptions, really only for existing members and renewal.

I've actually gone to the membership page and gone through the process of becoming a new member and buying two seats in City Blue (except the payment of course) and although I can see the bays where "this product is available" I cannot see a seating diagram and can therefore not select the seats that I would like. So again I can't see why anyone would join up at this stage.

I want to move from City Gold to City Blue so I'm going to ring the membership line after Easter and see what my options are.

With a six-month off-season I really don't understand what value the club sees in hurrying the whole process.

Edited by jw1739

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

When I last checked in mid-March there were very few seats left in any of the reserved seat membership categories, particularly City Blue, because I checked Bay by Bay. As I understand it, these seats are not available for sale until 1st June, because the existing member has the right to renew and retain those seats until 31st May.

So in reality the price freeze is, with few exceptions, really only for existing members and renewal.

I've actually gone to the membership page and gone through the process of becoming a new member and buying two seats in City Blue (except the payment of course) and although I can see the bays where "this product is available" I cannot see a seating diagram and can therefore not select the seats that I would like. So again I can't see why anyone would join up at this stage.

I want to move from City Gold to City Blue so I'm going to ring the membership line after Easter and see what my options are.

With a six-month off-season I really don't understand what value the club sees in hurrying the whole process.

I'm kind of in your boat. My membership, my dad's and wife's (who is not renueing) are seperate from my nephew and niece but l want all of us to sit together. Will need to ring the club as well. 

On 18/04/2017 at 5:06 PM, InMyHeart said:

Not buying membership until I see the 
- New manager
- 5/5 visa players
- Marquee 

Yep, I think I'll be doing the same. There would want to be some big announcements over the next month, or I will let the cut-off come and go.

• Like 1

After watching games over the weekend, and due to the disappointment of our team not being part of it, the way the club was administered and the unknown of the competency of the our new manager, we are not auto renewing this season.

We are going to see what the club does off season before we decide what level of membership we are going to invest in.

When does preseason start and when should we expect our manager to be announced?

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

After watching games over the weekend, and due to the disappointment of our team not being part of it, the way the club was administered and the unknown of the competency of the our new manager, we are not auto renewing this season.

We are going to see what the club does off season before we decide what level of membership we are going to invest in.

When does preseason start and when should we expect our manager to be announced?

You won't be alone in making that decision. Some will renew automatically - they'll probably be the ones who are members every season but don't show up regularly - but anyone who takes a real interest in the club and follows football closely will be thinking hard as to what they want to do before making a decision.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rass said:

Sorry JW, disagree with your statement there. Yeah I'm as frustrated as anyone else because of the allover shit season we've just had. But because we didn't meet my expectation doesn't mean i am going to run a mile the other way.

We're more than happy with our seats and it's a great family outing for us, so it's a no brainer to renew. Plus I'm sure the offseason will bring the usual sense of excitement with transfers and coaching decisions; i understand it's still very raw now.

Always in.

I know I moan and groan, but I'll be back

18 minutes ago, rass said:

Sorry JW, disagree with your statement there. Yeah I'm as frustrated as anyone else because of the allover shit season we've just had. But because we didn't meet my expectation doesn't mean i am going to run a mile the other way.

We're more than happy with our seats and it's a great family outing for us, so it's a no brainer to renew. Plus I'm sure the offseason will bring the usual sense of excitement with transfers and coaching decisions; i understand it's still very raw now.

Always in.

Just to clarify...we will renew, but we are changing from Gold to Blue. But like Playmaker I didn't realise how much I actually cared about the club until following the semi-finals over the weekend and thinking how we should have been part of it. I think I felt worse about that than the Perth match itself. I'm a sad case really.

Edited by jw1739

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just to clarify...we will renew, but we are changing from Gold to Blue. But like Playmaker I didn't realise how much I actually cared about the club until following the semi-finals over the weekend and thinking how we should have been part of it. I think I felt worse about that than the Perth match itself. I'm a sad case really.

Yep, horrible feeling knowing that we should be part of that with the reality being we have just wasted a season. 

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

I contacted the club a month before the end of the season to ensure they didnt auto renew me.

I already waste valuable time watching horrid games and travelling to and from the ground, I'm not sure I want to do it again next season.

I was pretty excited for this season tbh, after 2015/16 wasn't so bad.

It was a massive let down on the pitch, and dealing with the club re: certain admin things was infuriating.

Edited by bumpyknuckles
  • Like 1

On 14/04/2017 at 9:41 AM, jw1739 said:

I assume it's so they get your money early and have several more months to earn interest on it, or whatever.

10 hours ago, rass said:

Always in.

Yeah, easy decision for me to renew. I enjoy going with my friends and I'm looking forward to the day everything comes together. (Hopefully next season...) Plus the offseason is long enough already without missing the season as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rass said:

Always in.

This plus i don't have anything better to do lmao

Talking about Melbourne City and what we need to change, 

"I’ve had a couple of players say to me if they played for the Melbourne Victory or Western Sydney Wanderers [fans], we would be a different team.

They need supporters putting pressure on them. It’s too comfortable. "

6 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Talking about Melbourne City and what we need to change, 
"I’ve had a couple of players say to me if they played for the Melbourne Victory or Western Sydney Wanderers [fans], we would be a different team.

They need supporters putting pressure on them. It’s too comfortable. "

Please clarify who said that to whom.

I don't think we put enough pressure on the club either. But how the hell do you do that? Boo the players, do the slow handclap? Cancel your membership, write to the club, to the newspaper, via City Voice,, via the FRG, etc. etc. - as far as I can make out, any adverse comments are simply painted over in sky blue and ignored.

Basically there's bugger all you can do.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Please clarify who said that to whom.

I don't think we put enough pressure on the club either. But how the hell do you do that? Boo the players, do the slow handclap? Cancel your membership, write to the club, to the newspaper, via City Voice,, via the FRG, etc. etc. - as far as I can make out, any adverse comments are simply painted over in sky blue and ignored.

Basically there's bugger all you can do.

Maybe we need to start ripping flares and smashing up pubs...

• jw1739 pinned this topic