Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Sydneysiders are just shit supporters. They will jump off the bandwagon within losing 1 game. City members that have memberships will generally go regardless. 

I suppose a book will be published sometime in the future that will deal with all the statistics of the club. I'm unlikely to be around to read it, but I really would like to know how many of the Heart Foundation Members are still with the club. I am, but there have been many times when I have wondered why.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I suppose a book will be published sometime in the future that will deal with all the statistics of the club. I'm unlikely to be around to read it, but I really would like to know how many of the Heart Foundation Members are still with the club. I am, but there have been many times when I have wondered why.

Heart foundation member here. For some reason I figured the majority on this site would be.

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Heart foundation member here.

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Foundation member here. Didn't even cross my mind why and will always renew regardless.

Next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JC22 said:

Heart foundation member here. For some reason I figured the majority on this site would be.

Not quite.  Wasn't even in the country then.  First matches attended in the 11/12 season.  Slowly built up since then.  Have to admit that however much I love the old red and white days, before I had to deal with the murky moral uncertainties of Middle Eastern wealth, I've been much more inclined to want to come to matches when we've had good players and we're playing good football.  And this season is our first year of full membership.  But I think I've got to the point where I probably am rusted on enough now to keep coming if we do get crap again.  And I've done rusted on, years of mediocre, successive relegations type supporting in the UK in League 1 (old Division 3) for the past 30 years, so my acceptance of mediocre and success free is quite high...

26 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Foundation shmoundation.  Let's see 80-90% of the 2016-17 members TURN UP FOR GAMES other than the Derby.

Why wouldn't they?  They've laid out the cash.

• Like 1

Fondation member.

I think the perfect summary for me supporting this club over the years was when i receivied an email informing me that my monthly payment for membership had bounced with an an attached banner containing my photographs the club had used for the season three advertising campaign without telling me.

Edited by KSK_47

Just now, illeatyourheart said:

I'm never good at thinking of what to put on personalised shit. It's my current desktop background/a shop of the screaming sun from Rick and Morty.

Haha. Fair enough. That makes more sense. Although if youre stuck for ideas next season you can use the floating embryo idea lol

1 minute ago, KSK_47 said:

Haha. Fair enough. That makes more sense. Although if youre stuck for ideas next season you can use the floating embryo idea lol

funnily/embarrassingly enough, I only saw 2001 for the first time on Sunday. Still not sure what to make of it/myself. Will consider the embryo for next year. Could probably think of something City related to shop into it.

5 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

funnily/embarrassingly enough, I only saw 2001 for the first time on Sunday. Still not sure what to make of it/myself.

Thats fair. Personally i think its incredible up until he gets sucked into the black hole or whatever it is. The end part is lame imo.

But this is getting way off topic...

49 minutes ago, japiedog said:

fully signed up member from season 2 , but went to most of the games in the first season

as others have mentioned, it's a life commitment, you stay through thick and thin

Exactly same for me. Went to probably half a dozen games season one then got membership following season and never been the same since.

• Like 2

Might just fall shy of 11,000 by end of tomorrow.

For comparison, the numbers on the day of our first home match in previous seasons:
Season 2013-14 (19th October): 6,300
Season 2014-15 (19th October): 9,692
Season 2015-16 (25th October): 7,635

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Might just fall shy of 11,000 by end of tomorrow.

For comparison, the numbers on the day of our first home match in previous seasons:
Season 2013-14 (19th October): 6,300
Season 2014-15 (19th October): 9,692
Season 2015-16 (25th October): 7,635

That's sensational stuff

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Being from the UK, I absolutely get that "my club for life however good or bad we are" vibe.  It's what I wanted from Heart when I first started coming to matches, and it's absolutely where I am now.  I'm in it for life, regardless of who owns us, regardless of good and bad form.  This is my club.  And this is what those who throw "plastic club" at us really don't understand.  There is as much passion and commitment amongst our support as anywhere in the A league.  Perhaps more, because those of us who joined in the Heart days weren't glory hunting, we just wanted a home.  Success is just a bonus.

Very much like.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Being from the UK, I absolutely get that "my club for life however good or bad we are" vibe.  It's what I wanted from Heart when I first started coming to matches, and it's absolutely where I am now.  I'm in it for life, regardless of who owns us, regardless of good and bad form.  This is my club.  And this is what those who throw "plastic club" at us really don't understand.  There is as much passion and commitment amongst our support as anywhere in the A league.  Perhaps more, because those of us who joined in the Heart days weren't glory hunting, WE JUST WANTED A HOME.  Success is just a bonus.

This! Would rather neck than have supported the Tards. This is our club, our city

• jw1739 pinned this topic