Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

1 hour ago, raw10 said:

Can someone please post membership tally for all clubs thus far? Curious to see where we sit, I know we are not up there..  Thanks.. 

Fourth behind the noisy neighbours, WSW and Sydney.  Not far behind Sydney, but the top two are in a different universe in terms of supporter numbers.  Underlines what a success Western Sydney has been as a start up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think it's a great idea. I know of at least one person who'd def get one but isn't planning on getting a full membership, and two others who might get it as well. And it would encourage more GA ticket sales if people did t have to stuff about with buying individual match tickets. Only thing that might be annoying is if people can't sit in the city blue area with it, which would make bringing casual members along with me annoying.

21 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Family day today at MCFC Headquarters. How come nothing has been said on the forum?

You can't expect to be spoon-fed everything on here. Suggest you go to the club web-site on a regular basis. Also it's been well-publicised by e-mails.

4 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

Yeah, I think it's a great idea. I know of at least one person who'd def get one but isn't planning on getting a full membership, and two others who might get it as well. And it would encourage more GA ticket sales if people did t have to stuff about with buying individual match tickets. Only thing that might be annoying is if people can't sit in the city blue area with it, which would make bringing casual members along with me annoying.

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm equally sure that with the way Ticketek operates it would require changes to their systems. We already have problems with the GA end being "sold out" when there are in fact plenty of seats left. And it remains to solve the issue of reserved seat members not being able to sit in their allocated seats and bring friends even though there are plenty of vacant seats. Laughable really, when we have perhaps 9,000 in a 30,000 capacity stadium. 

26 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

For what its worth to anyone the family day was a ripping day! Watch a friendly on the training pitch and the kids had a ball with the mascots, jumping castles and getting there shirts signed! Top day! Was spewin i missed out on the kransky and bacon roll!

Agree was there. Good day for the kids 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

In terms of full-season season-tickets this is already our best season - we're 2,400 up on last season and already have passed the number in the "David Villa" season.

Great!!! Still a few weeks to before season starts and hopefully after this week the club and maybe FFA ramp up a bit of interest. 

But this has been the best pre season from my point of view. 

Do people think the rise in memberships is due to Cahill? I mean we played sexy soccer last year and that made f* all difference in memberships. I think the main contributor is Cahill. Kids were interviewed who don't attend A-league games and now they want to go because of Cahill. My work colleague who is a die hard MV fan wants to attend a few matches because of him and another work colleague who has never attended an A-league game would go

16 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Do people think the rise in memberships is due to Cahill? I mean we played sexy soccer last year and that made f* all difference in memberships. I think the main contributor is Cahill. Kids were interviewed who don't attend A-league games and now they want to go because of Cahill. My work colleague who is a die hard MV fan wants to attend a few matches because of him and another work colleague who has never attended an A-league game would go

In part yep. The attractive football will be a factor to imo. Think the Cahill affect will be more evident when the smaller memberships go on sale and people start snapping up the 3 and 5 game packages for a taster.
I think the club set 15k as a target internally which imo seems like an aspiration more than a likely scenario, but 13k is probably achievable, particularly if we can nab two wins on the road to start the season.

45 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Mostly Cahill.

'Sexy soccer' to a much lesser extent because 2/3 of the sexy soccer-ers Mooy and Novillo are now gone. 

There has always been a lot of people interested in our club, with many coming on and then dropping off again.

The slow build is organic, but based on a solid foundation and with the promise of a good year, Bruno as captain, Cahill on the books, and our seemingly high quality imports, all signs are good. Plus there is the City Group connection which means we are the business .. Also, we may be seeing some 'second generation' supporters start to mature and influence the numbers as well. 

I know a handful of people that have signed up this year for the first time, but they have always taken an interest in the club.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2

We are two of those who have signed up to full membership this year for the first time, though technically three match passes in the past two seasons would have counted us amongst the membership stats. For us, the reasons are due to increasing engagement using the 3 match passes, to the point where full membership didn't seem that much of a stretch, the club making payment easy, and particularly the 'sexy football' of last season.  Alright so Aaron and Harry are gone, but Bruno stayed, and we had faith that decent signings would be made, and that the quality of the football would continue.  Also like many, though this is our first full membership, we've been around and attending sporadically since the 2011-12 season, when we first rocked up in Melbourne. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

My work colleague who is a die hard MV fan wants to attend a few matches because of him

Try this.  Replace the words ''die hard MV fan'' with ''dickhead''. 

Your colleague could have seen Cahill in his absolute pomp at any number of Socceroos games in the last 8-10 years. 

I really don/t understand that type of  ''die hard'' at all.

No offence to you, Tony.  Sadly, you're probably on the money overall with the TC Factor

Decided to just sign up tonight. So you can add me to the tally.

Where do I collect the card from? Also, there is a customise card thing online, can I still get that added to my membership card?

Also, it asked Scarf or Cap. I chose scarf, assume I just pick that up along with my Card?

They should really provide that info in an email or something.

4 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

There has always been a lot of people interested in our club, with many coming on and then dropping off again.

The slow build is organic, but based on a solid foundation and with the promise of a good year, Bruno as captain, Cahill on the books, and our seemingly high quality imports, all signs are good. Plus there is the City Group connection which means we are the business .. Also, we may be seeing some 'second generation' supporters start to mature and influence the numbers as well. 

I know a handful of people that have signed up this year for the first time, but they have always taken an interest in the club.

Onwards and upwards!

Yes, I agree that the interest has always been there. There were clearly a lot of people that bought season tickets when Villa was signed and they felt badly burned by the franchise even though arguably the responsibility lay elsewhere within the greater organisation, but the greatest problem is our inevitably lifeless no effort performances. Every team has poor games but the nature of our poor performances along with our well earned reputation always has a large impact on our subsequent attendances and season ticket sales. It takes a long long time to regain the trust of those people

54 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

Decided to just sign up tonight. So you can add me to the tally.

Where do I collect the card from? Also, there is a customise card thing online, can I still get that added to my membership card?

Also, it asked Scarf or Cap. I chose scarf, assume I just pick that up along with my Card?

They should really provide that info in an email or something.

You don't collect it. They're delivering it to everyone soon.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic