Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

11 hours ago, Jestr said:

Typical fuk up by the club. 

Early release of membership was to capitalize on us having fantastic finish to the season. 

It was a gamble and if we got the top spot  it would have been a nice way to increase numbers. 

Well it has blown up in cfg face. 

Sure we are still in the finals but nobody believes in a fairy tale while our special Dutch unicorn is in charge 

No, I don't believe that was the case. The early release - that it would be before the end of March - was rumoured when we were not really in the hunt for the Premiership. IIRC we were something like 8 points back, and looked likely to finish somewhere between 3rd and 8th. And any decision to release early would have to have been made well before that.

For some reason, yet unclear to me, the whole "end-of-season/next season" process seems to have been brought forward this year. For example, this year's awards night was last night 9th April, with the season not actually finished and our final table position not decided, let alone the play-off matches concluded. In 2015 the awards night was on 12th May.

As I say, I don't know what this portends, but IMO it must be something of significance. Otherwise, what's the point?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

No, I don't believe that was the case. The early release - that it would be before the end of March - was rumoured when we were not really in the hunt for the Premiership. IIRC we were something like 8 points back, and looked likely to finish somewhere between 3rd and 8th. And any decision to release early would have to have been made well before that.

For some reason, yet unclear to me, the whole "end-of-season/next season" process seems to have been brought forward this year. For example, this year's awards night was last night 9th April, with the season not actually finished and our final table position not decided, let alone the play-off matches concluded. In 2015 the awards night was on 12th May.

As I say, I don't know what this portends, but IMO it must be something of significance. Otherwise, what's the point?

Hopefully a massive purge of the suboptimal staff involved with the club. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Having the awards before the finals just sends a clear message "SEASON OVER". WTF they are playing at I'm not sure.

Really who cares when the awards night is. I think you are massively overstating it's influence. Perhaps it's a sign of moving players on quickly and settling the list (and coaching team) for next year as quickly as possible. Let's be honest the awards night had nothing to do with our displays the last two weeks that's on the coach and players.

6 minutes ago, wombegongal said:

Hopefully a massive purge of the suboptimal staff involved with the club. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Really who cares when the awards night is. I think you are massively overstating it's influence. Perhaps it's a sign of moving players on quickly and settling the list (and coaching team) for next year as quickly as possible. Let's be honest the awards night had nothing to do with our displays the last two weeks that's on the coach and players.

This my hope and my first guess at what is happening. A "clearing of the decks." The decisions on timing must have been made when it became clear during the season that we weren't going to meet the metrics.

45 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

If there are so many people saying they won't renew while JVS remains, you should let the club know. Maybe tweet them #JVSout or somtehing

SOmeone has already said on City Voice that they wont be re-signing until JVS is sacked. Probably a good place to start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i HAVE EITHER FORTUNATELY OR UNFORTUNATELY already paid my season tickets for next season but i am going to let City Voice know that i will not be happy if JVS stays specially after the debacle of the FFA cup inPerth and if he do's stay this will, be my last season.

Edited by johnno cpfc
spelling.

Im out, relegating myself to derby special. Will probably sign up again once Hedaik jnr is old enough to come to games, but at this stage of my life with limited free time on weekends theres quite often other things I'd prefer to be doing in my spare time. Would prefer just to pick and choose the games I feel like going to. 

Edited by hedaik

53 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Im out, relegating myself to derby special. Will probably sign up again once Hedaik jnr is old enough to come to games, but at this stage of my life with limited free time on weekends theres quite often other things I'd prefer to be doing in my spare time. Would prefer just to pick and choose the games I feel like going to. 

chances are, they will have 3 games membership again ...  lol so you can always sign up then..

4 hours ago, hedaik said:

Out too, one way flight to Rio booked, will catch the first two or three games of the season but don't intend to be back for at least 4-6 months

44 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

I just hope JVS is replaced by the end of May so I can re-sign before the price freeze ends lol.

This post has prompted me to decide not to renew my family season ticket until most of the major positions are confirmed. That is senior coach. 2 Marquee positions and the 5 visas allocations. 

Edited by Jovan
if they were to announce Bruno is marquee that would be enough

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Out too, one way flight to Rio booked, will catch the first two or three games of the season but don't intend to be back for at least 4-6 months

Really appreciate your work this season, great stuff.

Enjoy and stay safe. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jovan said:

This post has prompted me to decide not to renew my family season ticket until most of the major positions are confirmed. That is senior coach. 2 Marquee positions and the 5 visas allocations. 

This has all been done in a most suspicious manner IMO. The early release before this season had finished, and the price freeze and retention of the same seats as last season ending on 31st May, the very day that player contracts end. So technically, unless a player is released early (e.g.Wilko), it is possible that we won't even know who is leaving until after the cut-off date. Already we know two assistant coaches are leaving, but no actual announcement from City. IMO it's highly unlikely you will know about any new visa signings by then.

31 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This has all been done in a most suspicious manner IMO. The early release before this season had finished, and the price freeze and retention of the same seats as last season ending on 31st May, the very day that player contracts end. So technically, unless a player is released early (e.g.Wilko), it is possible that we won't even know who is leaving until after the cut-off date. Already we know two assistant coaches are leaving, but no actual announcement from City. IMO it's highly unlikely you will know about any new visa signings by then.

Lel.

Sometimes JW I wonder whether you are really Dr Evil or some other criminal mastermind. How else could you have such evil plots engrained in your mind.

In all seriousness, the early membership release will likely be a combination of a) riding on the wave of our late season form (pre-Perth collapse) B) a chance to pull in some early revenue from an operational sense and c) to know where they stand ‘rusted on’ members wise by June.
There is NO way that the contract situation has anything to do with the price freeze. The price freeze date is purely a technique to incentivise members to resign early.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Lel.

Sometimes JW I wonder whether you are really Dr Evil or some other criminal mastermind. How else could you have such evil plots engrained in your mind.

In all seriousness, the early membership release will likely be a combination of a) riding on the wave of our late season form (pre-Perth collapse) B) a chance to pull in some early revenue from an operational sense and c) to know where they stand ‘rusted on’ members wise by June.
There is NO way that the contract situation has anything to do with the price freeze. The price freeze date is purely a technique to incentivise members to resign early.

Keep wondering. If you knew you'd be surprised.

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Lel.

While we still have bruno novillo and mooy

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

Lel.

Its not as if the marketing department would have any idea what is going on contract wise either. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jovan said:

See you at the game in 2019 👍

• Like 1

I think my desire to renew this year will be more weighted towards wanting to hold onto my seat than excitement for the season ahead.

Hopefully when I renew at the early bird cutoff we will have a new manager (I'm not holding my breath) and a clearer picture who is going to be in the squad next season.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic