Melbourne Football

The Chameleon: City Supporters Fanzine

Buddy Farah

1-211x300.png

Description: Over the off season we’ve been working hard on gathering content for our matchday magazine – formally known as The Pulse. This season we’ve decided to revamp the magazine with a new name, new look, new writers, new competitions, content, and more!

List of Issues:

Edited by jw1739
Title of thread changed 15th April 2017

• 5 years later...
On 12/01/2012 at 0:58 PM, Buddy Farah said:

1-211x300.png

Description: Over the off season we’ve been working hard on gathering content for our matchday magazine – formally known as The Pulse. This season we’ve decided to revamp the magazine with a new name, new look, new writers, new competitions, content, and more!

List of Issues:

What happened to that

As a contributor over several seasons, IIRC our fanzine died early in season 2013/14. It became increasingly difficult to marshal the resources necessary to keep it going and was a huge commitment by a small number of fans and especially the editor. After the takeover it was pretty clear that Heart would eventually morph into a much-changed club and there was no chance of a resurrection.

It was fun while it lasted though. Part of the old Heart that has passed into football heaven, along with Yarraside and our red-and-white stripes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

As a contributor over several seasons, IIRC our fanzine died early in season 2013/14. It became increasingly difficult to marshal the resources necessary to keep it going and was a huge commitment by a small number of fans and especially the editor. After the takeover it was pretty clear that Heart would eventually morph into a much-changed club and there was no chance of a resurrection.

It was fun while it lasted though. Part of the old Heart that has passed into football heaven, along with Yarraside and our red-and-white stripes.

Ticker was resurrected. Never give up hope.

1 hour ago, eric forman said:

The Chameleon is attempting to catch up to where Schip Happens was and is always on the look out for new contributors.

https://www.thechameleon.online

I saw this for the first time at the Adelaide match but did not realise it was our own Fanzine. Is there an on-line copy I could access to see the content and judge whether I can contribute in any way? (I used to do "Jonny's Football Quiz" in both "The Pulse" and "Schip Happens" and also contribute articles, e.g. one on the takeover).

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I saw this for the first time at the Adelaide match but did not realise it was our own Fanzine. Is there an on-line copy I could access to see the content and judge whether I can contribute in any way? (I used to do "Jonny's Football Quiz" in both "The Pulse" and "Schip Happens" and also contribute articles, e.g. one on the takeover).

If you follow the link you will find all the "old" editions.

If you do like it and want to contribute feel free to PM me and I can put you in touch with the right people.

If there are any people who fancy themselves as photographers that see this, message me and I can try to get an extra press pass for you to give it a shot!

Edited by eric forman

• 2 months later...