Melbourne Football

The Gallops Only Thread

cadete

Who do PPL like for the Diamond?

I reckon Jukebox is a decent bet at 8 to 1 considering his done the job on course at the distance and with relative ease... and even though Blue Diamond more than other races at Caulfield are won by back runners its still a massive help that he will be near the front.

Ez  for Catchy. 

This horse has cost me $$$ but it will be good to be on it for once and collect some compensation.

Betfair are running a BSP guarantee at Caulfield and Randwick tomorrow, will pay best tote if it's higher than BSP after commission up to $200, decent promo since BSP will usually do best on anything apart from quite short priced runners anyway.  

Edited by Tesla

I know I'm going to lose my money and it's a bad idea but I'm finding myself more and more interested in getting involved in a syndicate. Anyone done it here?

Would be good fun I imagine, but also shit I guess if you're horse can't even win a maiden at Moe and you're paying $$$. 

Edited by Tesla

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Anyone know the rules with Ladbrokes around Quaddie's when races have been abandoned?

Should just payout based on the legs that were run, but Ladbrokes are the dodgiest of the major corps so who knows what they have in their T&Cs. Worth contacting them, when they do dodgy shit like not pay out 3rd for a race you took fixed place odds before scratchings reduced it to 2 places they fix it once you complain, but not before (dodgy cunts). 

9 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Should just payout based on the legs that were run, but Ladbrokes are the dodgiest of the major corps so who knows what they have in their T&Cs. Worth contacting them, when they do dodgy shit like not pay out 3rd for a race you took fixed place odds before scratchings reduced it to 2 places they fix it once you complain, but not before (dodgy cunts). 

Yeah just paid out finally - had the first two legs of the EQ at Stony Creek and they refunded the First Four I had on for one of the abandoned races. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

The reason there is a string of scandals is because their has always been dirt in Racing and their always will be. The problem is the opposition to the sport is far stronger now and able to make use of this dirt.

As for Weir, well everyone knows if someone wins that much his at least giving the horses something different - legal or not legal vitimins.

Just like performance drugs in other sports, racing is a battle to the best good vitamins to put in the horses milkshake pre-race before they become banned drugs 

As a fan of racing I honestly think if I ever have Grandchildren they probably won't ever see the sport. These days living in the Inner North I actually keep it to myself around girls.. Cos half of them (like my wife) hate it.

That was not the case when I was at College with the same type of girls, they all loved it.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1