Melbourne Football

Leicester City - 2015/2016 EPL Champions

Tesla

Pretty big weekend.

A draw away to Arsenal is enough but after last week you have to think a win is a real chance as well.

City vs Tottenham the other important match, I actually think Tottenham is a bigger title threat than City. A draw is probably best but a City win isn't bad either. City have a pretty tough run home, Tottenham's and Arsenal's not bad. A lot has been made of Leicster's tough run home but really last week and this week are the main challenges till the last few games of the season, in between then it's pretty easy and if they don't lose this weekend they could probably win it before the last 3 games anyway. They should get at least 4 points from the last 3 games anyway (playing Everton at home isn't a particularly tough match, it's the matches away to United and Chelsea that are the problem), they just need to not fuck up the relatively easy games before then I guess.

Edited by Tesla

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Everyone is saying they will choke in the last month under all the pressure. They probably will be too far ahead by the time that comes around to be pipped. 

The reason they're doing so well is because they're playing without any pressure. Players have said that (a month ago) they weren't heavily focussing on the prospect of winning the league. Just playing every week, trying to do their best.

• 2 weeks later...

Very surprised I haven't seen any "life long" Leicester City fans pop up at all. Saw heaps when City first won the title and a fair few Liverpool ones just before Gerrard fell over. 

Surely someone can claim it's in their blood because their great great grandfather went backpacking there or something.

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Very surprised I haven't seen any "life long" Leicester City fans pop up at all. Saw heaps when City first won the title and a fair few Liverpool ones just before Gerrard fell over. 

Surely someone can claim it's in their blood because their great great grandfather went backpacking there or something.

My housemate is from Leicester; United fan

On 21 March 2016 at 2:19 AM, Jimmy said:

I imagine quite a few companies in England are now offering a cheap service where they can put Leicester badges straight over the top of the Chelsea ones on their jerseys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I imagine quite a few companies in England are now offering a cheap service where they can put Leicester badges straight over the top of the Chelsea ones on their jerseys.

LOL - A guy I meet at Backpackers ten years ago said he once saw a kid in Africa who was wearing a fake Arsenal Kit which he had then sown a Man Utd Logo of another fake kit over the top of the Arsenal Badge,

I think everyone still thinks they're going to throw this somehow, but everyone has been thinking that all season.

I'm actually starting to think Arsenal may end up winning it rather than Tottenham, if Leicester do drop a number of points. Arsenal only have two difficult games, and the rest are games they should win. West Ham away, and City away. They will not win against West Ham, and City will be favourites at home. Every other game they should win, but most likely will drop some points you'd think. Either way, by far the easiest run home even if they are a fair few points behind.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

I think everyone still thinks they're going to throw this somehow, but everyone has been thinking that all season.

I'm actually starting to think Arsenal may end up winning it rather than Tottenham, if Leicester do drop a number of points. Arsenal only have two difficult games, and the rest are games they should win. West Ham away, and City away. They will not win against West Ham, and City will be favourites at home. Every other game they should win, but most likely will drop some points you'd think. Either way, by far the easiest run home even if they are a fair few points behind.

Arsenal do have the easiest run in compared to Leicester and Spurs... But it's Arsenal. If they get within 1 point, they'll bottle it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, n i k o said:

If it's true that's no where near harsh enough. Club should be fined and automatically relegated. 

I was being facetious. Doubt anything will eventuate from it.

But just to explain, a 7 point deduction would put us on top on goal difference. Can't see us catching them now. I'd rather it be over and mathematically impossible so i can stop clinging onto the faintest slither of hope that we can win!

• Like 1

Getting to the point it's hard to see them throwing it away. Arsenal still do have that easy run home, I actually thought they would lose to west ham so they've actually gone 1 point better than my expectations so far, but Leicester seemingly aren't dropping points at all.

Probably over for Tottenham if they don't get all 3 points tonight.