Melbourne Football

Leicester City - 2015/2016 EPL Champions

Tesla

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

Getting to the point it's hard to see them throwing it away. Arsenal still do have that easy run home, I actually thought they would lose to west ham so they've actually gone 1 point better than my expectations so far, but Leicester seemingly aren't dropping points at all.

Probably over for Tottenham if they don't get all 3 points tonight. 

nek minnit they pump a lifeless united

57 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

Leicester basically have to flatline for us to get up.

Can't see it happening.

Leicester have tough games coming up though, I reckon they'll finally drop some points next week against West Ham. Still a decent chance for Tottenham.

I actually didn't realise how far back Arsenal have ended up, pretty much have to win every game to have any chance (which they very well could do since away to Man City is the only difficult game)

Edited by Tesla

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

Leicester have tough games coming up though, I reckon they'll finally drop some points next week against West Ham. Still a decent chance for tottenham.

I actually didn't realise how far back Arsenal have ended up, pretty much have to win every game to have any chance (which they very well could do since away to Man City is the only difficult game)

Possibly, but it also depends on us winning every game. We've got stoke away next week and chelsea at stamford bridge 2 weeks after that. Can't even tell when we won there last! And to top it off, we're in the position of having to play after leicester for the next 3 weeks. Could either be motivating if they lose or deflating if they win. Would much rather us be going into our games with clear heads and no influencial factors like that.

If I'm not mistaken, Ranieri has never won a top division league title before has he? He has won Serie B and Ligue 2, but no top division title. He has been runner up on many occasions though.

Don't fuck it up Ranieri.

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

If I'm not mistaken, Ranieri has never won a top division league title before has he? He has won Serie B and Ligue 2, but no top division title. He has been runner up on many occasions though.

Don't fuck it up Ranieri.

Exactly right. There's very little chance now. Pretty much a lock.

Very similar to leading 3:0 in a major semi final. Almost impossible to loose from there.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2016 at 4:48 PM, Jovan said:

Exactly right. There's very little chance now. Pretty much a lock.

Very similar to leading 3:0 in a major semi final. Almost impossible to loose from there.

TBH when you posted this I didn't agree with you, with Tottenham's form and the games Leicester had to play it was still a decent chance they could finish 2nd.

But then Tottenham drew, and now your analogy is spot on. Hard to see how they can throw it away from here.

Edited by Tesla

An interesting part of this amazing story is it actually started last season when Leicester won what 9 out of 11 to go from relegation favourites to mid table. Now that is title winning form and this season they  have kept it up with a new gaffer.

Pretty much every aspect of the story is amazing.

Well there you go.

Not going to see something like this again in our lives.

They've pretty much proved a few of my theories about soccer out by winning the title, primarily that soccer is all about attacking efficiency.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Eat a giant cock Tottenham, filthiest performance of the year. Congratulations Leicester.

Playing at Chelsea, what a surprise! If you think it was all Tottenham's doing, you have your head up your arse!

Tell me, who has the reputation for playing like pricks? Chelsea are a vile club. They may have plenty of trophies, but they have nothing to be proud of.

Edited by Pete Heartspur
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

Playing at Chelsea, what a surprise! If you think it was all Tottenham's doing, you have your head up your arse!

Tell me, who has the reputation for playing like pricks? Chelsea are a vile club. They may have plenty of trophies, but they have nothing to be proud of.

9 individual players with yellow cards, a new league record. Your head is deeply burried in the sand on this one.

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Well there you go.

Not going to see something like this again in our lives.

They've pretty much proved a few of my theories about soccer out by winning the title, primarily that soccer is all about attacking efficiency.

I can just remember watching Sampdoria as a kid at the Italians house across the road in their Championship Season in my life FWIW. 

19 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

9 individual players with yellow cards, a new league record. Your head is deeply burried in the sand on this one.

No it's not. We lost our heads this morning, but most of those yellows came in the second half.

In the first half Costa put a forearm and then a forehead into vertonghen's face but didn't even cop a yellow! There were numerous incidences like this that went unpunished by Clattenburg, and the free kick count was way out of balance even before the halftime whistle. It's no surprise we lost our heads cuz Clattenburg didn't do his job. It was always going to kick off, but I suppose the ref will be applauded for keeping it 11 v 11. :clap:

4 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

No it's not. We lost our heads this morning, but most of those yellows came in the second half.

In the first half Costa put a forearm and then a forehead into vertonghen's face but didn't even cop a yellow! There were numerous incidences like this that went unpunished by Clattenburg, and the free kick count was way out of balance even before the halftime whistle. It's no surprise we lost our heads cuz Clattenburg didn't do his job. It was always going to kick off, but I suppose the ref will be applauded for keeping it 11 v 11. :clap:

So you are excusing eye gouging and horrendous tackles because the ref didn't do his job?

TBH I'm just glad they've fucked their biggest oppertunity in half a century.

'61 and never again

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So you are excusing eye gouging and horrendous tackles because the ref didn't do his job?

TBH I'm just glad they've fucked their biggest oppertunity in half a century.

'61 and never again

I'm not excusing eye gouging, Dembele was an idiot. And as far as the tackles go, I've seen plenty worse than them. My point was there was a reason that all happened and to pinpoint us as the dirty team is a joke! To quote Martin Tyler, "Chelsea played their part". 

1 minute ago, Pete Heartspur said:

I'm not excusing eye gouging, Dembele was an idiot. And as far as the tackles go, I've seen plenty worse than them. My point was there was a reason that all happened and to pinpoint us as the dirty team is a joke! To quote Martin Tyler, "Chelsea played their part".

They did and Spurs were never going to win at the Bridge, even at 2-0 down I had a feeling we would pull it back. Too much hatred for Tottenham not to stop them winning the league

15 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

They did and Spurs were never going to win at the Bridge, even at 2-0 down I had a feeling we would pull it back. Too much hatred for Tottenham not to stop them winning the league

Our slender chance of winning the league was lost last week. To be honest, I'm surprised Terry didn't have a Leicester kit on underneath. We all know how much he loves celebrating with teams he's not involved in!

Edited by Pete Heartspur

Leicester need to make sure they actually spend money in the Summer to improve the side more. Often in these situations, the manager doesn't feel he needs to replace certain positions/players but they all need competition within the team to continue at the level they've been playing at.

Truly is the greatest ever story in sporting history. Made better by the fact that it was a race between two outsiders, and that the big teams were not really close. The number one complaint about the PL (true for most leagues) is that money buys success. This may not shatter that but it does change the equation a little.

I can't help but think that Foxtel are already regretting their decision not to renew the rights. How could you not want to watch the PL next season?

• Like 1

Can't wait until a drug scandal is revealed. Leicester is docked points and Spurs are rightfully crowned Champions. 

Seriously first time in my life Spurs are genuine chance and they are beaten by a team that avoided relegation the year before. I have gotta stop following losers.

4 hours ago, Pete Heartspur said:

Could've easily had more than the 9 yellows that were dished out. Dier should've seen red late on, Dembele will get 3 games and Lamela will probably also face retrospective action for walking on Fabregas' hand. I can't think of a recent game where there were so many shit tackles from a wide variety of players.

It's like they went out there to out-Chelsea Chelsea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HEARTinator said:

Put her up at the Veneto Club complete with Franco Cozzo furniture!

LOL - And dont forget the quality catering with items such as "Mini Pizzas"... 

I used to lol @ the options they had me choose from at the place prior to events I would be organising before my Workplace finally got its own Function Complex.

4 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Leicester need to make sure they actually spend money in the Summer to improve the side more. Often in these situations, the manager doesn't feel he needs to replace certain positions/players but they all need competition within the team to continue at the level they've been playing at.

They'll most likely lose all their key players TBH.

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Could've easily had more than the 9 yellows that were dished out. Dier should've seen red late on, Dembele will get 3 games and Lamela will probably also face retrospective action for walking on Fabregas' hand. I can't think of a recent game where there were so many shit tackles from a wide variety of players.

It's like they went out there to out-Chelsea Chelsea. 

And Costa should have been red carded before all that in the first half. Do you honestly think we were proactively going out there just to behave like that? The game was out of control in the first half. Dembele's action happened at half time when we were up 2-0, so there was no reason besides provocation for that to happen. Yeah it was a dog act and his season is finished, but geez, people are acting like Chelsea are just an innocent party!

Christ, even Andy Maher is crapping on about how dirty we were, and was asking if we played like that all season. No Andy, in fact only last week we were talked about as being the best team to watch this season. Thanks for finally mentioning us though, dickhead!