Melbourne Football

Alex Wilkinson

kingofhearts

5 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Quality, telling it how it should be said instead of sugar coating it.

1st page comment. Spot for sale! 

edit: Sold to "At The Top" by Burj Khalifa

logo_660.jpg

AT THE TOP, BURJ KHALIFA SKY EXPERIENCE
Soaring high at 555 meters, At the Top, Burj Khalifa SKY is fittingly Dubai’s most iconic destination. 

Experience record breaking heights. Experience Dubai.

Edited by strider
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Our squad is ridiculously good.

Brb jizzing

Sorenson

Wilkinson Kisnorbo Melling

Franjic                                                   Zullo

Malik

Mooy             Caceres 

Novillo            Fornaroli 

Edited by strider
best team in the world cuz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, possiblygeorge said:

Kevin Muscat, is that you?

55 minutes ago, strider said:

Welcome to forum of the greatest team in the southern hemisphere! Enjoy your stay!

I'm Strider. Shine my boots 

Eh? Not fuck you at the prospect of signing Wilkinson. Fuck you for making up this fake bullshit article.

He's not signed yet.

Edited by Johnny Blaze

5 hours ago, strider said:

Brb jizzing

Sorenson

Wilkinson Kisnorbo Melling

Franjic                                                   Zullo

Malik

Mooy             Caceres 

Novillo            Fornaroli 

That's all well and good, but I think if recent history has taught us anything, it's that the players from 12-17 are also critically important to your squad, because you will have injuries and suspensions. I guess in those spots for us, we'd have Bouzanis, Retre, Hughes, Clisby, Garuccio and Trifiro? With Chapman to come back in and perhaps Kuzi as an option, if he ever gets out of purgatory. If we managed to secure a visa player that was capable of being a walk-up starter for us as well, that team would take some beating.

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic

Quite a shame we couldn't have locked him in for longer but right now all I can think about is winning the championship this season and signing Wilkinson will be a massive help towards going for the title. 

Regular Socceroo, plenty of experience but not overly old. Huge signing at this point in the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jozzy said:

Quite a shame we couldn't have locked him in for longer

Long-term contracts aren't the be all and end all. Paartalu was signed on a four-year deal and left less than halfway through. 

Wilkinson might end up retiring here or might be an injury-prone flop. Let's see how he goes with the remaining matches. 

In any case, he is a proven performer at the local and continental levels. He is exactly what we need. 

• Like 3

TBH I am not too worried about how long he stays...

He fits an obvious immediate need for what should be the successful season I have ever seen from MHFC or MCFC and the club from this Preseason on has shown that not only its recruiting is only getting better with time but as its attractiveness to prospective players. 

Plus he chose us over MV so that is enough to for me to feel pleased about this signing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Why do i get the feeling we will be finishing *7th soon

Just now, cadete said:

You know exactly why you are getting that feeling... its Dutch, Tanned and way too good looking for its age.

i think he's suggesting that we've employed Wilkinson's extended family and given him a modelling contract on top of his regular wage...

...considering who has gone out of the club, i reckon the books are fine.

Massive signing.

With Wilkinson, from next week our backline options are now much better:

Zullo---------------------------------------------------Franjic

---------Wilkinson-------Malik----------Kisnorbo---------         

---------Wilkinson------Hughes----------Kisnorbo-------  

And then when Chapman's back:

---------Wilkinson----Kisnorbo----Chapman-------

There aren't many good defences this season, so I'd say that when Chapman's back that Melbourne City will have arguably the best defence in the league (at least on paper, player for player). If Melbourne City played a back 4, then every defender would have 10 or more Socceroos caps--with Zullo, Wilkinson, Kisnorbo, Franjic--which would most probably be a first in the history of the A-League.

Two other big consequences of Wilkinson's signing IMO will be:

- At least 1 of Malik or Melling should now play in midfield every game. A big positive

- The team will almost certainly persist with 3-5-2 for the remainder of the season. The team now has the central defenders to do so, and the team now lacks RW options (such as Gameiro, Mauk, Williams) to go back to 4-3-3 this season. With Melbourne City's 3 star attackers, high quality midfield, attacking fullbacks and now capable central defence, 3-5-2 should really suit Melbourne City's players and increase the team's chances of success this season

Barring out-of-the-blue injuries to starting players, I'd say Melbourne City chances of qualifying for ACL and winning something this season have gone substantially up with this signing. I'm tipping Wilkinson to show his class and really improve the team's defence over the remaining 9 season games (starting next week) and 1 to 3 finals matches.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3