Melbourne Football

Urban Legends

bt50

Det's "red rocket" aka "red riding hood" 

Rumor has it that if you are fortunate to lay eyes upon it your face will turn to gold 

No but seriously:

Coming from a middle-eastern family you hear whispers of desert storm etc. 
People say that Saddam did in fact have WMDs -- highly advanced ones at that. Prior to the USA invading he had them shipped to Russia. 

Spooky

7 hours ago, strider said:

Det's "red rocket" aka "red riding hood" 

Rumor has it that if you are fortunate to lay eyes upon it your face will turn to gold 

No but seriously:

Coming from a middle-eastern family you hear whispers of desert storm etc. 
People say that Saddam did in fact have WMDs -- highly advanced ones at that. Prior to the USA invading he had them shipped to Russia. 

Spooky

Apparently UPOTYH i like dets Vespa 

12 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Apparently UPOTYH i like dets Vespa 

The Vespa does alright, it actually gets a lot of PPL including some fairly decent girls over the years stopping to look at it... the funniest is when PPL take photos of it (which is also surprisingly pretty common) as I am walking up to it and then get on it to ride.

6 hours ago, cadete said:

The Vespa does alright, it actually gets a lot of PPL including some fairly decent girls over the years stopping to look at it... the funniest is when PPL take photos of it (which is also surprisingly pretty common) as I am walking up to it and then get on it to ride.

Srs question, does the helmet match? I have OCD and have to have my helmet match my bike

I love the story that apparently over in California, a bushfire started, similar to here in summer. In the wake of the fire, the surveyors were out assessing the damage and found a burnt body in a tree, fully clad in scuba diving gear.

As we have, they also have the big water bombing helicopters a la Elvis over there, and when they were taking in water from one of their lakes/dams, had sucked this poor bastard up into the water tank and dropped him on to the fire.

Probably fake, but it’s a good story.

I’ve always wondered whether he would have drowned, burnt to death or died from the fall…

20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I love the story that apparently over in California, a bushfire started, similar to here in summer. In the wake of the fire, the surveyors were out assessing the damage and found a burnt body in a tree, fully clad in scuba diving gear.

As we have, they also have the big water bombing helicopters a la Elvis over there, and when they were taking in water from one of their lakes/dams, had sucked this poor bastard up into the water tank and dropped him on to the fire.

I’ve always wondered whether he would have drowned, burnt to death or died from the fall…

Watch Magnolia. 

6 hours ago, bt50 said:

I think that was an episode of CSI or some shit like that. 

Edit: http://csi.wikia.com/wiki/Scuba_Doobie-Doo

Edited by malloy

16 hours ago, Grimey said:

That's how the legend goes...

Crown have denied it. Not that it means much.

The version I heard was that it was in the basement.

Also there are 'secret' passageways everywhere in crown. When ever there is a commotion you will see security pouring out from a door that looked like a wall just moments before.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2016 at 5:40 PM, malloy said:

Crown have denied it. Not that it means much.

The version I heard was that it was in the basement.

Also there are 'secret' passageways everywhere in crown. When ever there is a commotion you will see security pouring out from a door that looked like a wall just moments before.

I actually can confirm that there is a Morgue from a long time employer at the place... and funny enough the source is actually Greek.

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

What would this morgue be used for? Heavy handed crown security, gambling cheats, etc...??

The same reason a lot of Massive Hotels, Shopping Centres and Cruise Ships have them... because a lot of PPL are on site and some of them end up dying.

Legend has it that there was a bloke walking down the main street in Kuta back in 2002. When the bomb went off at the Sari Club, he was blown right out of his thongs. Amazingly, the bomb on the opposite side of the road went off seconds later and blew him straight back into his thongs and he kept on walking.

True story.

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

You live closer to him than the city...

I have no idea if you're talking about bt or malloy, and if it's malloy whether you mean his new place or his old place, but the only one of those you would be right about is maybe malloy's new place. 

Just now, Tesla said:

I have no idea if you're talking about bt or malloy, and if it's malloy whether you mean his new place or his old place, but the only one of those you would be right about is maybe malloy's new place. 

Correct.

And as far as I am concerned going North past Reservoir is the Country and going West past Williamstown/Tottenham is the country.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1