Melbourne Football
Sign in to follow this  
Dylan

Karl Pilkington appreciation thread

hedaik    2,611
11 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

I dont care if he is acting or not, he is fucking hilarious! 

Im terribly cynical of most 'reality' shows when it comes to being scripted/acted, but I do think 99%/all of his dialogue on his shows is genuine. I used to listen to a little bit of the Ricky Gervais Show and hes always been the same. I also dont think hes a good enough actor to perform to a script convincingly. 

• Like 1

Jimmy    3,141
41 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Im terribly cynical of most 'reality' shows when it comes to being scripted/acted, but I do think 99%/all of his dialogue on his shows is genuine. I used to listen to a little bit of the Ricky Gervais Show and hes always been the same. I also dont think hes a good enough actor to perform to a script convincingly. 

I agree. If it's all an act he's done a damn good job convincing me otherwise.

Dylan    4,062

we are definitely weaker. They used to say eat an apple a day to keep the doctor away now they are saying eat 5 fruits

• Like 1

hakz7    1,381

I'd only really heard some of the things he's said in Ricky Gervais' stand-ups as he sometimes refers to him. But this thread (thankfully) inspired me to watch plenty of Karl Pilkinton videos mostly from The Ricky Gervais show and just some other random videos with Gervais. I think I'll definitely start An Idiot Abroad now.

He's just too good. I've been in tears watching some of his stuff.

I'd only really heard some of the things he's said in Ricky Gervais' stand-ups as he sometimes refers to him. But this thread (thankfully) inspired me to watch plenty of Karl Pilkinton videos mostly from The Ricky Gervais show and just some other random videos with Gervais. I think I'll definitely start An Idiot Abroad now.

He's just too good. I've been in tears watching some of his stuff.

A few of the stuff he says in this video from 2004-05 has recurred in The Ricky Gervais Show. 

• Like 1