Melbourne Football

Round 14 - Saturday 2pm at home

Kinnibari

Listen LIVE on TuneIn - http://tunein.com/radio/Melbourne-City-W-League-Live-s256286/

Last home game of the regular season. We're playing Sydney, who are going to be playing in the other semi final. If they win we'll meet them again in the final*, but I'm hoping we'll play Canberra.

We will go the regular season undefeated if we win/draw, and also can take out the most goals scored in a season record with another 3 goals, iirc.

I wonder if we'll play a full strength team or if we'll give them a rest and give other players a chance at some game time. 

*I am assuming we'll make the grand final but if there's ever a City team to assume we'll make the grand final, this is it.

(Note on the thread title: round 13 was a bye for us, we haven't missed a round.)

Edited by Kinnibari
  • Like 1

A fair result in the end but there wasn't much in it. 

Fishlock slightly injured: went down near the end of the game and got treated, then stretched after the game and went down the tunnel first. Doesn't look too serious but could be better.

28 minutes ago, fidrildid6 said:

Has any other club equalised against us?

I had a quick look and it doesn't look like it, but I'm not 100% sure.

6 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

A fair result in the end but there wasn't much in it. 

Fishlock slightly injured: went down near the end of the game and got treated, then stretched after the game and went down the tunnel first. Doesn't look too serious but could be better.

I had a quick look and it doesn't look like it, but I'm not 100% sure.

We beat victree 2-1 in the first derby, did they equalise or were we 2-0 up? 

58 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Have to laugh at people that say 'we bought the title in the women's league' It's not our fault that no other club give a shit about women's football, hence putting in no resources to be successful...

Indeed. All we seem to have done is treat them like footballers and We actually spent the (minisicule) salary cap.

Strikes me it's what the league desperately needed.

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Indeed. All we seem to have done is treat them like footballers and We actually spent the (minisicule) salary cap.

It's fairly embarrassing that City in their first season cleans the table with the other teams, shows a real lack of respect to the women's game from all the other participants. Shame really, not complaining on our front though! We have obviously set the bar fairly high now, so hopefully the other clubs now put a bit more effort into their women's comp or else we'll be schooling the league for a fair while...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Indeed, it´s a wake up call to the rest of the clubs.. As for the players I´m sure they have a very good idea about how much MelC are willing to spend not only on wages but also on infrastructure and future integration between the CFG womens teams.