Melbourne Football

Anthony Caceres

strider

Clubs are to scared to sign young promising talent to more than a 2yr deals because if they don't work out they they will have to release them and pay them out. If they end up being a decent player they are out of contract early and snapped up by other bigger a-league clubs or Asian/European clubs as a free transfer (which doesn't help the club).

How often in Europe do you see young players signed for 4-5 yrs and then sold when they become good players. The transfer ban needs to end to encourage clubs to develop talent which can then be sold to other clubs in the league or overseas. A young 18-20 yr old is probably going to be willing to sign a cheaper deal if it results in him being in a system for 4-5 years. Allowing money to be spent on visa/established talent.

Transfer ban is only for the other 9 A league clubs. 

40 minutes ago, Money said:

Clubs are to scared to sign young promising talent to more than a 2yr deals because if they don't work out they they will have to release them and pay them out. If they end up being a decent player they are out of contract early and snapped up by other bigger a-league clubs or Asian/European clubs as a free transfer (which doesn't help the club).

How often in Europe do you see young players signed for 4-5 yrs and then sold when they become good players. The transfer ban needs to end to encourage clubs to develop talent which can then be sold to other clubs in the league or overseas. A young 18-20 yr old is probably going to be willing to sign a cheaper deal if it results in him being in a system for 4-5 years. Allowing money to be spent on visa/established talent.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I don't see the point to any restrictions on transfer fees. Whilst many people seem to have concerns about a club drawing in all the talent by paying higher transfer fees, that overlooks that the talent will need to be under a salary cap. To bring in a lot of talent you will have to pay them less than they can get elsewhere. 

So players will just reject the transfer if they don't like the deal & clubs will be forced to either let players walk at contracts end or take the lower fee.

The salary cap is the only restriction you need.

On further thought, yes, both the salary and numbers caps will indirectly control transfer fees.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I don't see the point to any restrictions on transfer fees. Whilst many people seem to have concerns about a club drawing in all the talent by paying higher transfer fees, that overlooks that the talent will need to be under a salary cap. To bring in a lot of talent you will have to pay them less than they can get elsewhere. 

So players will just reject the transfer if they don't like the deal & clubs will be forced to either let players walk at contracts end or take the lower fee.

This is spot on.

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Questions.

Is this kid any good? 

We've recently brought in others with supposedly huge potential but have really struggled . Brown Kuzi come to mind.

Is he a starting 11 player? 

And finally is he better than Mauk, Retre or Melling?

Not sure I'd put Brown as a huge potential. 

21 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

If you have the finances, you'd always be able to pay a transfer fee/offer the biggest transfer fee, and therefore be more likely to sign a player, even if the wages we paid were the same or similar because of the salary cap. Because transfer fees are independent of the cap. (Unless there's a separate cap on transfer fees but that seems unlikely.)

I couldn't take Kylo Ren seriously after I saw his face.

You saw him on undercover boss as well..? Hilarious stuff

https://youtu.be/FaOSCASqLsE

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Shahanga said:

If it helps you get the best player, still an advantage. Quality over quantity. 

DAVID Gallop has confirmed Football Federation Australia will closely monitor its transfer system on the back of Anthony Caceres’s controversial loan move to Melbourne City.

Caceres, 23, was bought by Manchester City from the Central Coast Mariners for $300,000 and was immediately loaned out to its sister club in Melbourne.

As transfer fees aren’t allowed between A-League clubs, the move was widely criticised by other A-League clubs with Wellington Phoenix coach Ernie Merrick describing it as “farcical” and Tony Pignata, Sydney FC CEO, labelling it as “wrong”.

Because Caceres was contracted to the Mariners, Melbourne City would not have been able to sign him without the Manchester club’s help, unless the Mariners released him.

Gallop says that while it’s important to have major European clubs involved in the A-League, they need to work out what’s fair for all clubs.

“We’ve seen with David Villa, there’s a situation with Luke Brattan, now Caceres. It’s within the regulations, but we need to continue to monitor that and make sure that it’s fair for the rest of the competition while still all recognising that having top line clubs involved, European clubs, is a good thing for the A-League.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/ffa-to-monitor-transfer-system-on-back-of-anthony-caceres-loan-move-to-melbourne-city/news-story/47d1b638354ba3f7330a7c9bb88ba468

I can see FFA embarrassing themselves over this ... If they don't allow the building of a team that can use its wealth to its advantage, whilst still working within a salary cap, the incentive for the big world clubs investing in Australia, which they were all excited about at the time of City Group's purchase, is lost.

Edited by Torn Asunder

Was largely invisible in my book, but early days, probably still learning his teammates names.

On 20 January 2016 at 8:21 PM, Torn Asunder said:

I can see FFA embarrassing themselves over this ... If they don't allow the building of a team that can use its wealth to its advantage, whilst still working within a salary cap, the incentive for the big world clubs investing in Australia, which they were all excited about at the time of City Group's purchase, is lost.

What I find appalling there is they mention Villa, as if he coming to the A League was bad!

Now I know it didn't work out from our point of view but surely the FFA was STOKED to have a player of his class and pedigree in the A League even if it was just for 4 games.

Tall Poppies. I love this country but sometimes I despair. 

• Like 1

Very good performance by the ex mariner. Hasn't played for 3 weeks but he showed that he can be part of the starting 11. I believe we're in for great attractive attacking football with players like Mooy, Tuna, Novillo and Caceres on the pitch at the same time. Our third goal was a delight to watch.

• Like 1

Imo, he was our best midfielder yesterday. The red card was undeserved. The ref was inconsistent and biased. Why didn't Topor at least get a yellow (or a red) when he held back Novillo who was on his way to score?  I also believe he's been wasted as a holding. I would prefer a 4-3-3 formation. Mooy and Caceres with freedom to create and drop when required.

Now, our big issue is our defence. Gaps all over the place and giving to much room and time to opposition to receive the ball. Malik was pathetic.There is the reason why au let him go.

In general I think we deserved better. The difference was in defence. WSW were better in that respect.

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Flashy. technically good. but ultimately does very little with it, he lacks vision and long passing 

Lacks vision and long passing? Either you haven't seen him played or you're a mariner supporter who's still upset. What do you mean by long passing? Is it kick it long anywhere ? I don't think Caceres is that type of player.

Anyone that plays with mooy will be overshadowed. Mooy is too much of a ball magnet and if the rest don't play his style, or are able to at least fall into position around him, then they will look second rate. 

I just hope that the players understand this and are happy with the environment and facility's in place. 

When mooy didn't play, we saw an overall better team performance. I'd like to see caceras playing in a full strength squad without mooy. His potential will then be seen by all.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Anyone that plays with mooy will be overshadowed. Mooy is too much of a ball magnet and if the rest don't play his style, or are able to at least fall into position around him, then they will look second rate. 

I just hope that the players understand this and are happy with the environment and facility's in place. 

When mooy didn't play, we saw an overall better team performance. I'd like to see caceras playing in a full strength squad without mooy. His potential will then be seen by all.

You mean like at the mariners.... 

Everyone will develop better without mooy.

Happy to sacrifice one player, Mooy, for the good of the overall team.

Furthermore, I look forward to the ACL where Mooy won't play due to being sold.

Note: I'm not Mooy bashing, he's outstanding and deserves to be sold to a euro club.