Melbourne Football

Anthony Caceres

strider

5 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

official?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-city-trumps-a-league-rivals-for-central-coasts-anthony-caceres/story-e6frf4gl-1227709839612

MELBOURNE City today will complete the loan signing of Central Coast Mariners ­attacker Anthony Caceres in an A-League first that could draw the ire of other clubs.

Manchester City has agreed to buy Caceres, the Mariners’ best player this season, for more than $300,000 and will loan him straight away to its Melbourne sister club for the rest of the A-League season.

Sydney FC headed a queue of three other clubs that ­wanted to sign Sydneysider Caceres, 23, but it is believed Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth was reluctant to release or swap him once he realised Manchester City was prepared to pay a transfer fee.

Caceres is understood to have signed a long-term deal with Manchester City, though his future beyond this season is unclear.

If the deal is ratified in time, Caceres is an outside chance to make his City debut away to Perth Glory on Saturday night, but it is more likely to be ­delayed until Monday week’s home clash against Wellington Phoenix.

Caceres’ wage will go into City’s salary cap, but Football Federation Australia does have the right to adjust the figure up or down, depending on the circumstances, where common ownership is involved, under rules introduced to prevent Melbourne City signing Frank Lampard from New York City.

Talks continue with City marquee player Robert Koren about an early release and winger David Williams is edging closer to an overseas move.

Melbourne City’s loan signing of Anthony Caceres could upset rival clubs. Picture: Getty

Melbourne City’s loan signing of Anthony Caceres could upset rival clubs. Picture: Getty ImagesSource: Getty Images

Socceroo James Troisi is destined to move to Adelaide United or Phoenix, after City and Melbourne Victory pulled out of the race.

“We don’t have available marquee spots at the ­moment,” Victory coach Kevin Muscat said.

“So, knowing all the facts, it’s very, very hard for James to come to this football club.”

Lazio’s Chris Ikonomidis has been loaned out to Serie B club Salernitana for the rest of the season.

It is understood the Rome-based club blocked Ikonomidis from playing for Australia in the Asian under-23 championships at the 11th hour.

Ikonomidis, 20, made his first-team debut for Lazio in last month’s Europa League clash with Saint-Etienne.

Meanwhile, Roda JC striker Tomi Juric (knee) is in doubt for the March World Cup qualifiers after being ruled out for at least a month.

His injury could open the door for an Olyroos attacker to be called up. Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou is watching the Rio 2016 qualifying tournament in Doha, Qatar.

david.davutovic@news.com.au

This is very interesting, given the FFA and its wacky 'make-it-up-as-you-go' transfer rules - particularly when it comes to us.

Not sure if CFG have been told by FFA that this is acceptable as part of the whole thing to get us to bring in a big name marquee, or if we'll see another 'um...whatever City just did, we've just changed the rules so they can't do it again. So yeah. Go Sydney!' type rule change in a couple of weeks.

As far as 'drawing the ire of other clubs', they can get stuffed.

Almost there

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/anthony-caceres-signs-for-manchester-city-possible-melbourne-city-loan-deal/1j56jdbryq8331h4gqye7305m9

Hyundai A-League star joins EPL giantThere was an epic comeback, late winner and a special strike on the weekend - see all the goals here!

Friday, 15 January 2016 - 

Michael Huguenin

Comments

Central Coast Mariners have confirmed they have agreed to terms with English Premier League Club Manchester City for the transfer of Anthony Caceres, though it's unclear if the midfielder will be loaned out to City's Hyundai A-League club Melbourne City.

"We can't comment on [a potential loan move] but of course everybody knows he's a good player, he's one of the better players in the A-League. So we'll just have to see," said Melbourne City coach John van 't Schip when asked by reporters on Friday. 

Van 't Schip added that even if a loan deal for Caceres, 23, could be completed on Friday, he will not rush the play maker into his squad for Saturday night's clash in Perth.

A product of the Mariners Foxtel National Youth league set up, Caceres inked his first professional contract with the club in 2012 and enjoyed a breakout season during 2014/15 that saw the crafty midfielder win the 2015 Mariners Medal.

The Championship winning number 10 made 62 Hyundai A-League appearances for the Mariners along with three AFC Champions League campaigns.

Caceres was plucked from Marconi Stallions by current coach Tony Walmsley who is looking forward to seeing the 23-year-old reach his potential on the world football stage.

“We need to celebrate when players at the Central Coast Mariners are sold to bigger clubs. It's our charter. It's our intent,” Walmsley said.

“When I brought Anthony Caceres to the Mariners his potential was obvious. This move demonstrates how far Anthony has progressed." 

Manchester City also purchased former Brisbane Roar midfielder Luke Brattan earlier this season. 

2 minutes ago, Harrison said:

The Malik thread was premature but this is not a very complicated deal. Only one player involved, $300k into CCM's coffers and the chance to be part of CFG. 

The interesting part is the allocation of his wage. 

Wage will have to be paid fully by us as I understand it.

The CFG advantage was being able to actually pay a transfer fee.

Edited by JC22

15 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Hardly official yet. Bit premature on this thread, I think.

"We can't comment on [a potential loan move] but of course everybody knows he's a good player, he's one of the better players in the A-League. So we'll just have to see," said Melbourne City coach John van 't Schip when asked by reporters on Friday. 

Van 't Schip added that even if a loan deal for Caceres, 23, could be completed on Friday, he will not rush the play maker into his squad for Saturday night's clash in Perth.

If he wasn't coming then I think van't Schip would have said so. Man City haven't signed him without having a plan.

"We can't comment on [a potential loan move]" not 'there is nothing finalised yet' or 'there's no plan yet'

Edited by Deeming

32 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Wage will have to be paid fully by us as I understand it.

The CFG advantage was being able to actually pay a transfer fee.

One of the articles i read is the wage portion is at FFA's discretion. Another instance of them making up rules for their own ends haha

1 hour ago, Cityamatic said:

This is very interesting, given the FFA and its wacky 'make-it-up-as-you-go' transfer rules - particularly when it comes to us.

Not sure if CFG have been told by FFA that this is acceptable as part of the whole thing to get us to bring in a big name marquee, or if we'll see another 'um...whatever City just did, we've just changed the rules so they can't do it again. So yeah. Go Sydney!' type rule change in a couple of weeks.

As far as 'drawing the ire of other clubs', they can get stuffed.

re: 'drawing the ire of other clubs', I don't understand how this is an issue. If anything CCM got a pretty good deal. They get what they perceive as the true value of their player. If my memory serves me correctly, Caceres' contract came with a release clause. Had CFG not stepped in, I don't think other clubs can afford him tbh. 

Just now, raw10 said:

re: 'drawing the ire of other clubs', I don't understand how this is an issue. If anything CCM got a pretty good deal. They get what they perceive as the true value of their player. If my memory serves me correctly, Caceres' contract came with a release clause. Had CFG not stepped in, I don't think other clubs can afford him tbh. 

It's a great outcome for CCM.

It's not overly fair on other clubs I guess given that we're the only club structurally capable of paying transfer fees to other A-League clubs.

Suck eggs cunts.

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic
On 1/15/2016 at 0:32 PM, bt50 said:

Tbh at least CCM got a transfer fee by dealing with us. 

Likely scenario otherwise was that they release the disgruntled player and get nothing for him. Sydney and the mongs can get stuffed, CFG at least are helping the Mariners out and injecting external money into the league

Helped pay for Luis Garcia guest stint no doubt.

Edited by bellydrum
  • Like 1

When Arnie first scouted him before he left for Vegalta Sendai, he said Caceras will follow in the footsteps of Amini and Rogic.   

The boy has potential.   Without Arnie, CCM never were able to continue the amazing record of development that he and McKinna had established in the clubs formative years.  

I think we have everything necessary though, and it's not too late for him.   I'm excited to see where we take him.   

Edit: Somehow found the bloody article http://www.news.com.au/national/central-coast-mariners-coach-graham-arnold-says-tom-rogic-is-replaceable/story-e6frfkp9-1226556307447

Edited by JediCapitalist
  • Like 2

City Signs Caceres On Loan

Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Melbourne City FC has signed midfielder Anthony Caceres on loan from Manchester City for the remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2015/16 season.

Caceres­, 23, arrives at Melbourne City FC after playing 62 matches in the Hyundai A-League with Central Coast Mariners.

He will link up with John van’t Schip’s squad this week and will be available for selection ahead of the Club’s Australia Day Eve clash against Wellington Phoenix, next Monday 25 January at AAMI Park.

One of Australia’s emerging talents, Caceres began his career as a member of the Mariners’ Foxtel National Youth League squad, before signing a senior contract with the club in 2012.

He was a member of the Mariners' squad during the club’s Championship winning season in 2012/13, before enjoying a breakout season during the 2014/15 campaign, featuring in 26 of the Mariners’ 27 matches on his way to claiming the 2015 Mariners Medal.

Caceres, who signed with Manchester City last Friday from Central Coast Mariners, will wear the number 29 and will commence training with Melbourne City immediately.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/city-signs-caceres-on-loan/xyob1l8519vq19a9wnyad672u

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

He will link up with John van’t Schip’s squad this week and will be available for selection ahead of the Club’s Australia Day Eve clash against Wellington Phoenix, next Monday 25 January at AAMI Park.
... will commence training with Melbourne City immediately.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/city-signs-caceres-on-loan/xyob1l8519vq19a9wnyad672u

The photo from the article shows him training in Melbourne City gear already

35 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

so many tears on facebook from other supporters, so tasty 

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

I couldnt really give a shit about other supporters feelings (and I think we deserve to have a bit of dodginess come our way for once), but they do have a point that it is unfair. 

1 minute ago, hedaik said:

The fact that we can provide a transfer fee to get him to Melbourne when other clubs cant. I believe there were a couple of ALeague clubs keen on him, but obviously never stood a chance.

(dope pizza btw)

Dude, the only reason he was let go was because of the fee. 

Everyone else was 'hoping' for a mutual termination of his contract.

Everything is above board, including his pay being partly in the cap. Everyone else can cry me a fucking river... while on there knee's sucking our cock. 

We deserve this as much as any other club.

In my opinion, Sentimental value went out the window 2 seasons ago. This is a business and it's done aggressively. Bring on the finals the ACL. 

Asian Street Meat here we come. 

and thanks :D

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Rules can still be unfair. 

True this does not seem very fair... not that I care.

Mind you CFG paying Mooy the wages he would receive in Europe/The Middle East to stay around is probably is already just as unfair considering it means you have a playmaker running around the league whose sheer presence on the pitch at this level is literally worth a bonus goal a game for his team.

Edited by cadete