Melbourne Football

Nathaniel Atkinson

Murfy1

City face Sydney this Friday night at Allianz Stadium, kick off 7.50pm before returning to AAMI Park for the Melbourne Derby on Saturday 23 December.

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6.Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 12. Braedyn Crowley, 13. Stefan Mauk, 14.Daniel Arzani, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 21.Ruon Tongyik, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 37.Nathaniel Atkinson, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 2.Manny Muscat (returns from suspension), 8.Neil Kilkenny (promoted)

Good to see Atkinson named in the squad and i think kilkenny could contribute in the mid field. Arazani and jamo on the wings maybe?

21 minutes ago, citymad said:

City face Sydney this Friday night at Allianz Stadium, kick off 7.50pm before returning to AAMI Park for the Melbourne Derby on Saturday 23 December.

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6.Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 12. Braedyn Crowley, 13. Stefan Mauk, 14.Daniel Arzani, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 21.Ruon Tongyik, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 37.Nathaniel Atkinson, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 2.Manny Muscat (returns from suspension), 8.Neil Kilkenny (promoted)

Good to see Atkinson named in the squad and i think kilkenny could contribute in the mid field. Arazani and jamo on the wings maybe?

Why is Kamau not listed as injured?

Kilkenny, Tongyik to be dropped

My prediction of Waz's XI

--------------------------------Booooozanis----------------------------------

Muscat---------------Bort------------------La Rocca-------------Jamo

---------------------------Jakobsen-------Malik-------------------------------

------------------------------------Brattan-----------------------------------------

Atkinson------------------------Ross--------------------------------------Fitzy

Bench: Galekovic, Mauk, Budzinski, Arzani, Crowley (No defenders because we have 7 on the pitch)

My XI

--------------------------------Booooozanis----------------------------------

Malik---------------Bort------------------La Rocca-------------Jamo

---------------------------Jakobsen-------Brattan-------------------------

------------------------------------Mauk-----------------------------------------

Atkinson------------------------Ross------------------------------------Fitzy

Bench: Galekovic, Muscat, Budzinski, Arzani, Tongyik

Edited by haz

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 7:08 PM, Tesla said:

Just came here to say that this kid is the real deal, unlike the 1000 #yoof bullshit hype trains over the years.

Tesla approved yoof, will transfer to Europe end of season.

Red line please Dylan.

53 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Nathaniel Atkinson has signed a two year contract extension.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/nathaniel-atkinson-signs-contract-extension

Good to see. Expect one or two more of our young players to join the squad in due course.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, haz said:

Good news in a way, so is that season ending? Im no doctor

I tore all 3 ligaments in my ankle when I was 17, and they said it would have been an easier recovery of I just broke it

So depends on how bad they are etc, but I'd be very surprised if we saw him again this season 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, neio said:

I tore all 3 ligaments in my ankle when I was 17, and they said it would have been an easier recovery of I just broke it

So depends on how bad they are etc, but I'd be very surprised if we saw him again this season 

Can confirm I've heard the same thing. Could very well be worse off.

Have done my ankle ligaments 3 times. 1st time i was playing basketball and it cracked so loud I thought it was a break. I was back 4 weeks later without physio and did it again straight away playing Aussie rules. Then i was 4 weeks out again with proper physio. 3rd time many years later playing football, and it was a 6 week recovery. Fucker still hurts now every time I play but I keep kicking. I reckon it’ll be 4-6 weeks 🤞

If its a major one, which i assume it is it's usually 6-8 weeks. When i did it it took not very long to become functional again, but ages to then progress to pain free in sport, perhaps 3 months all up. In saying that Nathanial is going to have physios and full time rehab going on, so imo there's a reasonable chance we'll see him in the final weeks of the season.

I think he us done for the season. 

10 games left plus our standard 2 finals games isn't time to recover from ligament damage and then regain match conditioning. Being a youngster also won't help him unlike a seasoned pro that can play injured  (ie McCormack) 

The kid has been great and 2019 will be his year. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Snordork said:

Lucky for him he just signed his contract extension. You never know how a club will treat a player in this position.

Tbf we have been pretty good regarding injured players and honouring contracts. Some would argue too good. 

12 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I’m calling he’s out for a Germano.

We’ll see the young fella next year, looking sharp.

Yeh fingers crossed, he's been a revelation since he came in. I think Manny is a capable replacement in any case, but we have a few youth options in the wings as well. Pierias seems to have gone ok since his return to the Youth Team and may get another chance now.

35 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Tbf we have been pretty good regarding injured players and honouring contracts. Some would argue too good. 

Indeed. I don't think anyone could fault City in this respect. And I'm absolutely certain that CFG would insist that everything be done "properly" right across the organization. It's just not worth their while not to.

• Like 1