Melbourne Football

Semi Finals Monday 25th Double Header 4:30pm

Dylan

De Vanna didn't play well, and shouldn't be called the hero.  She continuously turned over the ball and missed about 3 one on ones.    She can sure dribble a ball but had no end product today

Congratulations to Melbourne City Women!  I look forward to seeing you win the championship next weekend!

Credit to Brisbane, they defended like Spartans all game. Was expecting them to run out of puff because of their high intensity defending, but that moment never arrived.

The team deservedly got their win in the end--they had more possession and created more and better chances--but it took some great character to get over the line. Some of the big players stepped up in the big final moments, including De Vanna (admittedly a bit rusty by her high standards. Perhaps there's a reason, e.g. injury, why she started on the bench) who won the game with a very memorable penalty. Simply a great moment, that spotkick to win 5-4 on pens. And it was fitting that there was a good crowd there to appreciate this great team.

The club's first ever grand final, and a home grand final at that. Couldn't be happier with this team of winners and can't wait to watch them this Sunday at AAMI.

• Like 1

That was stressful as fuck, worst game I've seen us play. We definately missed Fishlock so hopefully she's right for the final. I'm sure De Vanna is still slightly injured, she was not at her best. Goad had some fantastic moves.

Although I think part of our problem today was playing at AAMI which we're not as familiar with as a ground, hopefully it will do us good for next week when we know what to expect.

BTW, if you haven't checked your emails yet, members get $5 off the tickets for the finals so it's only $15 for adults.

When the fish went off Little dropped back to hold, Tabain came in to #10 & De Vanna to left wing.

De Vanna added a lot of spark but her final ball was continually poor. Tabain was lost at #10 and Little was out of the game deeper.

As someone else said Crummer couldn't get into the game.

With all that I was very surprised that Joe M refused to use his bench in a 120 minute game. I would have thought the fresh legs of that Mexican Sheila would have been worth a try in midfield, for one of Tabain (a straight swap) or Crummer (De Vanna to striker Tabain back to wing) 

In hindsight Burke for Davey at 119 would have been good