Melbourne Football

Osama Malik

Cityscape

Just now, Afif Adam said:

Honestly surprised that Ozzie’s being released before la rocca 

No-one else wants La Rocca I suppose.

Just now, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Or maybe when you are a sheikh you can just ask one of your sheikh mates to buy one of your players so you can sign another player because of some silly salary cap

The conspiracy theorist in me suggests that this is entirely possible...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Transfermarkt will tell us his new club in a day or two.

It's a transfer. What Malik would have been paid for the rest of the season can now go to Maclaren.

I'm curious as to whether his transfer fee comes in as a credit under the cap, although i suspect not. Would probably make it too easy to manipulate the cap if that was the case.

20 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Or maybe when you are a sheikh you can just ask one of your sheikh mates to buy one of your players so you can sign another player because of some silly salary cap

I dont think thats a conspiracy at all. I've often thought that things like that would utilised more often, even within the group.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'm curious as to whether his transfer fee comes in as a credit under the cap, although i suspect not. Would probably make it too easy to manipulate the cap if that was the case.

@bt50 I'm almost certain that transfer fees paid and received are in an entirely different "pot" from what is considered to be in and out of the salary cap.

With Griffith and Baccus starting DMs and Brattan as AM, I thought he was a required player (as back up). 

I assume Metcalfe has that spot now? Surely we aren’t going to play a defender there if one of those guys is unavailable.

I wish him all the best in his move, aside from the final game, he had a great season last year 

Caceres and O'Halloran out and now Malik. Bruno sitting in the stand. That is 4 senior players out of the first team squad. We so far have managed to get by without them. But we need to replace at least 2 of them. Is Malik leaving going to be the final kitty money required to bring in the 2 forward thinking  players. Time is running out the window is closing fast. The last thing we need is panic signings.

3 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Caceres and O'Halloran out and now Malik. Bruno sitting in the stand. That is 4 senior players out of the first team squad. We so far have managed to get by without them. But we need to replace at least 2 of them. Is Malik leaving going to be the final kitty money required to bring in the 2 forward thinking  players. Time is running out the window is closing fast. The last thing we need is panic signings.

I'd say Maclaren is a definite and the club have been working on him and Nabbout for a while, so it certainly isn't panic.

The second, if there is, signing is very interesting. Not sure if we have been linked with anyone else, so could be anybody. Sometimes the club pulls a guy out of nowhere that completely blindsides all of us.

6 minutes ago, rass said:

The second, if there is, signing is very interesting. Not sure if we have been linked with anyone else, so could be anybody. Sometimes the club pulls a guy out of nowhere that completely blindsides all of us.

What are you thinking @rass? Someone from the forum?? That would truly blindside us!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rass said:

I'd say Maclaren is a definite and the club have been working on him and Nabbout for a while, so it certainly isn't panic.

As far as I am aware Maclaren signed a 1 year loan contract with Hibs which expires at the end of the season. Nothing on Hibs website to suggest it has been mutually terminated. I do not know how long it takes to terminate his loan and arrange a loan with us but getting Scottish clearance and then German clearance may take days to tie up paper work. 

9 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

As far as I am aware Maclaren signed a 1 year loan contract with Hibs which expires at the end of the season. Nothing on Hibs website to suggest it has been mutually terminated. I do not know how long it takes to terminate his loan and arrange a loan with us but getting Scottish clearance and then German clearance may take days to tie up paper work. 

I think CFG can heavy more or less anyone they want to. Except Bruno...

• Haha 1