Melbourne Football

Osama Malik

Cityscape

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

The issue isn't just about Malik. No doubt he does some good things, no doubt he's also frustrating to watch, but when he dropped off the team lineup it moved other team members around. We always play worse when Jakobsen is in midfield, for instance, Muscat came into the lineup. Brattan's role changes without Malik as DM

This

7 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Our fans are genuine idiots. Malik has been easily one of our best this season, particularly over the last month. We really missed him last night, and Brattan's game suffered in his absence as well. Hope he's back for next week

Predicted it when I saw on here he went off during warm-up.

In addition its also the structure of the team, by Jakobsen being moved in midfield it was always going to be bad

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

Fuck he's out for 8 weeks :(

34 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

But we have signed Oliver Bozianic to cover that position.

Well our season is over if Jakobsen needs to be moved into the midfield.

Bozanic is horrible in the middle, needs to be on the wing. Ask anyone who supports a previous club hes been at, CM or CDM is not for him. I think it would be the same situation we had last year with Brattan and Killenny playing together

9 hours ago, neio said:

I think it could be calf, I also saw him do it. He struck the ball and pushed off to get the cross, took two steps and stopped 

But his instant reaction was to grab at his groin, not his calf. But it's neither here nor there he looks like he might miss a few. Shame really as others have also said he was becoming very important to us. Not sure he would have affected much of the Sydney result, may have only been 1 or 2 nil.

• 1 month later...

Yeh im of the go in unchanged line up view, irrespective of whether we are locked in for 3rd or not. I would add the caveat that if someone is carrying a niggle then they should have the week off to manage themselves, however definitely dont want to see change for changes sake or to give the fringier players a blow out. Malik should come in for Muscat on the pine imo as he offers a better standard of cover as a DM and is capable of playing RB (as is Delbo) should that be required.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Malik as a defensive mid is fine. You can tell it is best position and he plays it well. You need someone who likes chopping out passes, winning aerial contests and laying the dirty tackles.

At a pinch he can play in defence but hopefully we sign another defender and we go in with Delbridge as the third choice, La Rocca as the fourth choice and Malik as fifth choice. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Harrison said:

Malik as a defensive mid is fine. You can tell it is best position and he plays it well. You need someone who likes chopping out passes, winning aerial contests and laying the dirty tackles.

At a pinch he can play in defence but hopefully we sign another defender and we go in with Delbridge as the third choice, La Rocca as the fourth choice and Malik as fifth choice. 

Agree with this. But when your 5th choice or 5th best starts I do get nervous. 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Harrison said:

He's been left out of the round 16 squad despite being an inclusion in the round 15 squad. 

Confirmation of his departure must be imminent. 

Are you sure. 

I thought he was out since getting chopped by Melling and hasn't been named since.

Another long term player being moved on for some potential incoming move. Let's hope it works out this time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Are you sure. 

I thought he was out since getting chopped by Melling and hasn't been named since.

Another long term player being moved on for some potential incoming move. Let's hope it works out this time.

Last Wazza press conference indicated he was fit. So yes, I suspect that he is moving on. An area of the pitch where we've probably got too many options, so don't see this as a problem. Though I thought a couple of weeks ago that is might be Rostyn who was moved on. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Last Wazza press conference indicated he was fit. So yes, I suspect that he is moving on. An area of the pitch where we've probably got too many options, so don't see this as a problem. Though I thought a couple of weeks ago that is might be Rostyn who was moved on. 

Rostyn is an enforcer and hurts people - i'd have him any day in our squad because of this, especially as there are so many younguns in our team too.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

La Rocca is another one we should be trying to find a home for. Completely surplus to our requirements.

Not anymore imo. He's a good backup to have now as he can play DM or CB if we get injuries. Malik was in front of him in both regards prior to now. Would probably be on peanuts too.

Edited by bt50

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not anymore imo. He's a good backup to have now as he can play DM or CB if we get injuries. Malik was in front of him in both regards prior to now. Would probably be on peanuts too.

Marginal I'd say, but with Malik presumably gone, and the need to have each position covered, that means the ideal would be four centre backs. So Bart, Delbo, Good and La Rocca. We could muddle through without La Rocca, but it would only take one to go down and we'd be relying on kids. We also want cover if we go three at the back.