Melbourne Football

Osama Malik

Cityscape

ADELAIDE United defender Osama Malik will become a Melbourne City player in the coming days in a swap that will bring striker David Williams to the Reds.

It’s understood the deal had been brokered over the past few days for a straight swap during the current FIFA January transfer window.

Adelaide-born Malik, 25, is recovering from a thigh injury.

He has played 118 A-League matches including a stint with North Queensland Fury.

Malik also was invited to Socceroos boss Ange Postecoglou’s pre FIFA 2014 World Cup camp after having a super 2013/14 season.

Brisbane-born Williams, 27, has played 91 games for City and scored 21 goals after making his A-League debut for Brisbane Roar in 2006.

He has also won two Socceroos caps.

There we go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Signing an injured player?
Sounds like something we would do...

HA this so much. But still, that is a great swap. Malik is a great ball playing defender. We have clearly won out of this

I also think we will land Borello. Brisbane dicking around with his contract and we have a big fat gamerio contract avaliable 

Malik: good passér, at 25 just coming in to his own so all that's good.

weak points had been a poor market at set pieces in a few games I've watched (now if we had good defensive coaches I wouldn't be worried by that) & of course the big one: Injured.

We need to move on from Kisnorbo and Hughes - Malik has potential, hopefully a good choice

1 hour ago, Imperial Pints said:

Hmmm makes me think Adelaide know his body is shot to pieces, all things being equal Malik is worth 2 or 3 Dave Williams'. Has the potential to be a good long-term deal for us but wouldn't expect anything from him this season.

I'm not sure this is the case, Adelaide do need a striker because djite is shite and more injured that Koren. I think they would be happy with the exchange TBH. I know I am ;)

22 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I'm not sure this is the case, Adelaide do need a striker because djite is shite and more injured that Koren. I think they would be happy with the exchange TBH. I know I am ;)

Was reading through their forum and they definitely are not happy with it 

Fox sports just asked Amor about the switch and he didn't deny it, just deflected the question

Makes me think its true 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, neio said:

Fox sports just asked Amor about the switch and he didn't deny it, just deflected the question

Makes me think its true 

Are forums the voice of the club? 

Good piece of investigative journalism there 

1 hour ago, neio said:

Makes me think its true 

That's why I reckon they bought zullo into the team, cause he wont play Tommorow cause the deals already done

This does sound like a good deal for us. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious and he hasn't a history of injuries.

For me Williams has offered nothing when coming on in his last few games. I will be surprised if he is involved in any of our games before the transfer window opens.

• Murfy1 locked this topic
  • malloy unlocked this topic