Melbourne Football

RD 12. Anti football comes back to Brisbane. 27/12 7pm

Dylan

The crap thing about this game is that the strategy was to soak up pressure and hit on the counter. Then we went 2 goals down and JvS shit his pants and the team came out harder in the second half and scored and we looked heaps better. Can never underestimate JvS mediocrity and poor mindset infecting the team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, neio said:

Fuck what is with the hate for Sorenson, yes he should have saved the second goal but he can have one mistake after the 86 saves he made last 2 weeks

I was a bit sceptical on the visa keeper but he is the number one shot stopper in the league and is better than tando

And having Sorenson around is going to make Tando better

When u watching the game, you saw three roar players on our left side attacking Gooch and Retre, and Novillo even not in the TV screen, u know we will not win

Seriously, Novillo's recent form is not good enough and looks like he is unhappy, what happened?

6 minutes ago, Ray said:

One of the big problems was that unlike Brisbane we can't seem to make the passes stick. We cough up the ball too many times.

Will be interesting to see the passing statistics.

I agree, but i think the reason is because the better teams often press up on us, putting the ball player under pressure. Noticed that the tards did that in the first 20 mins last week too.

I think we allow teams too much space in our back half at time, making them look better than what they are. Soon as we pushed up on them, they started to make mistakes too.

Don't think many teams in the a-league can deal with this actually. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alexli said:

When u watching the game, you saw three roar players on our left side attacking Gooch and Retre, and Novillo even not in the TV screen, u know we will not win

Seriously, Novillo's recent form is not good enough and looks like he is unhappy, what happened?

Novillo's in the A-league and not in Europe because of his temperament.  He is now predictable in receiving, stopping to a walk, doing his cocky come and get it off me bullshit, then cutting inside to make room for a shot.  Just once I'd like to see him continue the forward momentum, burn their left back with run down the touchilne and not allow their defense to set up getting a ball across the six yard box for Fornaroli to tap in.  He is a winger isn't he?

Edited by Kiro Kompiro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Novillo's in the A-league and not in Europe because of his temperament.  He is now predictable in receiving, stopping to a walk, doing is cocky come and get it off me bullshit, then cutting inside to make room for a shot.  Just once I'd like to see him continue the forward momentum, burn their left back with run down the touchilne and not allow their defense to set up getting a ball across the sic yard box for Fornaroli to tap in.  He is a winger isn't he?

Luxury player. 

2 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Yeah, they got all their chances due to our defenders giving the ball away cheaply. 

Perhaps but they do hold the ball better than us their passes stick more than ours too.

And another thing.  Are the goals smaller these days because I swear they must be since so many strikes end up one goal width wide.  Whats that about?