Melbourne Football

What do you do and what are your plans?

strider

On 21/12/2015 at 2:19 PM, Nate said:

When I was doing uni placement, I actually preferred teaching the lower grade kids for some reason. 
As I was at a pretty low socio-economic public school, a significant portion of my time was spent on behaviour management but there was something so rewarding about helping the good kids learn fundamental skills like reading, writing and maths in amongst all the chaos that was occurring. 

But at the end of the day, I'm glad I dropped out of the course because I couldn't imagine an entire lifetime of doing it but I have mad respect for those who do because it is a tough gig.

Yeah younger kids are more rewarding but there's so much more effort to it! Grade prep and 1's i reckon are pretty tough, i've taught preps on one of my teaching rounds and they just couldn't do anything lol. Having to walk them through every little thing is tough, but it was really rewarding to see after the short time i was there the improvements some of these kids make academically!

Anywhere from grade 2-3 i've found you're just more facilitating the learning. From my experience anyway it's been pretty much "go do x" and you just end supervising and making sure they keep on task

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Yeah younger kids are more rewarding but there's so much more effort to it! Grade prep and 1's i reckon are pretty tough, i've taught preps on one of my teaching rounds and they just couldn't do anything lol. Having to walk them through every little thing is tough, but it was really rewarding to see after the short time i was there the improvements some of these kids make academically!

Anywhere from grade 2-3 i've found you're just more facilitating the learning. From my experience anyway it's been pretty much "go do x" and you just end supervising and making sure they keep on task

yep, I agree 100%

• Like 1