Melbourne Football

Just wanna point out....

n i k o

29 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Given the introduction of WU gives us 3 extra Vic games a year, is this an FFA conspiracy to make us better? 

Aah it all makes sense. 

A League expansion is basically down to the FFA wanting to increase the level of shitness so that effectively we improve. 

The same thinking pushing the 48 country WC

• 2 weeks later...

Since work is quiet, checked out how the bye is affecting results. Looks like after the bye 4 wins, 3 losses, 1 draw as follows:

Rd 1 bye Jets Next game Draw Away

Rd 2 Roar Loss Home

Rd 3 CCM Win Away

Rd 4 Adel Win Home

Rd 5 Syd Win Home

Rd 6 Nix Win  Home WSW Loss Home Glory Loss Home

Not enough data yet, but looks like bye is not really affecting results adversely. More so who you are playing after the bye, noting that both Glory and WSW in Rd 6 played 1st & 2nd teams on the ladder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I get the fact that we lost, and lost really badly and most including  myself are having flashbacks to seasons past and  think this is just the beginning of another year of a mediocre spineless shitshow.

But it's only our 3rd loss under Warmfarts and tbf the Brisbane loss was just a weird game, I think it mirrors the Adelaide cup final game. Since then we have been really good and I suspect we will again bounce back and string another good period of games. 

It's unrealistic to expect a flawless season and we are going to have losses, of course Friday was very poor and somewhat scary but overall the season so far including the cup has been great.

Look our next 3 games away to Newie and Sydney and the derby in between should give us the definitive answer on weather Warmfarts and the this squad is capable of doing anything significant this season, I am of the belief that we are still in a good position and should be in the top 2 by the new year and look at Friday as just a minor hiccup. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jovan said:

I get the fact that we lost, and lost really badly and most including  myself are having flashbacks to seasons past and  think this is just the beginning of another year of a mediocre spineless shitshow.

But it's only our 3rd loss under Warmfarts and tbf the Brisbane loss was just a weird game, I think it mirrors the Adelaide cup final game. Since then we have been really good and I suspect we will again bounce back and string another good period of games. 

It's unrealistic to expect a flawless season and we are going to have losses, of course Friday was very poor and somewhat scary but overall the season so far including the cup has been great.

Look our next 3 games away to Newie and Sydney and the derby in between should give us the definitive answer on weather Warmfarts and the this squad is capable of doing anything significant this season, I am of the belief that we are still in a good position and should be in the top 2 by the new year and look at Friday as just a minor hiccup. 

How do you expect to maintain your membership of this forum with that kind of attitude?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Just wanna point out a few fings.

We are undefeated this year. 

Last time we played Glory at home we were embarrassed, we have learnt and probably deserved the win, definitely didn't deserve a loss.

The game against Glory was the first time in many years that we played 5 foreign from the start. 

We have had 2 clean sheets in a row.

Apart from Windbichler (who has been replaced) as far as I'm aware we have not long term injuries. 

We are soon to have all Olyroo players back available for selection. 

So for all you moaning negative doomsayers lighten up and try to enjoy the game for what it is, not what yoy want it to be.

Bravo @Jovan :clap:

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Just wanna point out a few fings.

We are undefeated this year. 

Last time we played Glory at home we were embarrassed, we have learnt and probably deserved the win, definitely didn't deserve a loss.

The game against Glory was the first time in many years that we played 5 foreign from the start. 

We have had 2 clean sheets in a row.

Apart from Windbichler (who has been replaced) as far as I'm aware we have not long term injuries. 

We are soon to have all Olyroo players back available for selection. 

So for all you moaning negative doomsayers lighten up and try to enjoy the game for what it is, not what yoy want it to be.

Still no sausage stand, lets see you try and sugarcoat that

• Like 1

Got to love that side to side movement.  Anyway I remember hearing on the commentary at the time when there was a lot of praise for Delboy that Arnold was actually keen on Good I think that says it all really.

Oh and id just like to point out. Fuck our two derby goals were sexy. Was the second our best ever derby goal?

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Got to love that side to side movement.  Anyway I remember hearing on the commentary at the time when there was a lot of praise for Delboy that Arnold was actually keen on Good I think that says it all really.

Oh and id just like to point out. Fuck our two derby goals were sexy. Was the second our best ever derby goal?

No. IMO our best ever was Alex Terra's in the inaugural derby.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

“And it’s Partaalu to win the derby for city!”

Was an awesome moment to be in the home end.

My favourite moment in the terrace during a derby was when the whole home end were chanting "There's only one team in Melbourne" towards the end of the game when we Kewell scored the 4th goal in the 4 nil spanking. And the visitors were silent

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...