Melbourne Football

Just wanna point out....

n i k o

• 3 weeks later...

JWPO:

Western Sydney Wanderers: Three A-League Grand Finals in four seasons of existence.
                                               One A-League Premiership
                                               One Asian Champions League Championship (participated twice)

Melbourne Heart/City            : Absolutely nothing in six seasons of existence.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

JWPO:

Western Sydney Wanderers: Three A-League Grand Finals in four seasons of existence.
                                               One A-League Premiership
                                               One Asian Champions League Championship (participated twice)

Melbourne Heart/City            : Proud holders of the Craig foster cup

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 4

On 25/04/2016 at 4:23 PM, jw1739 said:

Melbourne Heart/City            : Absolutely nothing in six seasons of existence.

No comment. I'm done commenting. I give up. Total fucking silence. Two can play at this game.

Just want to say one last thing though...

Not good enough. Heads must role. I can think of one particular employee that if fired would send a clear message that mediocrity is not tolerated.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Didn't wazza have us top of the table after his first few games in charge and we were all optimistic that this was the beginning of great things?

Edit: Just checked we won the opening 4 games to sit top from round 2-4, then lost 3, drew 1 of our next 4 to send us back to reality.

Edited by mus-28

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Round 1 18/19

Round 2-4 17/18

Round 25 15/16

And now round 4 19/20

Man that's sad. 10 seasons, 25 plus rounds per season and the above are the only 6 times we have been looking down on everyone. 

We need a spell of 10 weeks or more ontop before we can even start considering ourselves in contention. 

I need to try and embrace it before the inevitable decline back to mediocrity. 

• Like 1

I just want to point out that we are currently on top of the Melbourne Derby Standings:

CITY              P2   W1   D1           pts 4

WU                P2   W1   L1           pts 3

MV                P2   D1    L1           pts 1

despite playing both games AWAY

32 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Every time we've gone top, we've collapsed in subsequent games. The next game against CCM will give us an opportunity to show our new culture. Winning when top will be a first for the men's team

Especially given the mariners have been one of our biggest bogey teams. Certainly before we became City they were always nabbing wins and draws, not so much since the takeover though.

Had a look through the results history and the stats are a bit frightening...

When we were Melbourne Heart we had the following win/loss/draw results: Wins = 1 (pathetic I know) Draws = 3 Losses = 8

However a different story once the City group took over... Wins = 8 Draws = 5 Losses = 2 (quite the turnaround)

Edited by MHFC-FAN
Proof of the bogey