Melbourne Football

Just wanna point out....

n i k o

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

....our three teams have collectively scored 13 goals over this round with three wins.

Please discuss and bask in the rare optimism and even jubilation if you will that is this thread. :D

We just can't let this become a regular occurrence, can we? If it goes on FFA will no doubt bring in a rule to stop it.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Just calm down guys. No one is saying we're even going to win this weekend coming let alone further down the track. Our record proves otherwise.  If anything it was a bit of a piss take that we never have these moments. But in all seriousness it actually was a good week for the club, so relax and acknowledge it for what it is. 

No niko, no room for optimism on this forward.

It's much funner to complain and be negative cunts instead 

14 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I know we've just been beating up on "school kids" and there is a long way to go , but it's a welcome change.

This has been a large part of the problem in previous seasons. We tried to beat up "school kids" and they pinned us down and made us say uncle, so very happy to see us finally off the bottom rung of the food chain 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Well they are the other teams that make up the top 5. I'm thinking 8 points and up is good?

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Well they are the other teams that make up the top 5. I'm thinking 8 points and up is good?

I'd take 6 with no injuries. But yeah next month will see if we are a new City or still the old Heart.

We caught up 2 points on the Wanderers last night. Now only 3 behind. 

If we have title ambitions we have to stay in touch & that means winning, simple as that.

The "JVS mini run" TM, simply has to convert into something more serious over the next 3 weeks.

I suggested we needed at least 8/12 pts, so with 3/3, that's 5/9 left.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20 December 2015 at 4:25 PM, Shahanga said:

We caught up 2 points on the Wanderers last night. Now only 3 behind. 

If we have title ambitions we have to stay in touch & that means winning, simple as that.

The "JVS mini run" TM, simply has to convert into something more serious over the next 3 weeks.

I suggested we needed at least 8/12 pts, so with 3/3, that's 5/9 left.

Ok, apologises for quoting myself, but I thought the reference helpful.

we ended up with 7/12 points from those 4 games. To me that was a reasonable return and importantly we only lost once to any of those rivals.

We have played all the other teams in the top 5 twice (& to me that is an important barrier right now, as there is a considerable points gap to 6th). & have very even results.:

Brisbane: dl 

WSW: LW

Scum: dD

Geelong: lW

so apart from Roar, who we are yet to play at home, we have so far shared the points with all these teams and thus not given them an advantage over us. This is "contender" form.

Now we haven't managed to get an edge over anyone yet either (which surely you need if you're going to win the plate), so now we'll need to return to that ruthless form against the bottom 5 to keep the pressure on our rivals.

@japiedogsaid "isn't every game a must win" & that's not far from the truth for us now. Certainly I wouldn't have thought we could afford more than a couple of slip ups to take the plate from here.

26 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

We are halfway through the season, and already 2 wins away (on 7) from equaling last season's and the club's record of 9. 

We are 11 points from equaling last seasons (35), and 13 from reaching club record (37).

We are 1 goal away from equaling the club's goals a season record of 36.

That last stat. Fuck we're fun to watch this season.

Pleasure to watch the Mooy/Bruno/Harry show every week. Here's hoping we can watch at least two of them next year too.

1 hour ago, bellydrum said:

We are halfway through the season, and already 2 wins away (on 7) from equaling last season's and the club's record of 9. 

We are 11 points from equaling last seasons (35), and 13 from reaching club record (37).

We are 1 goal away from equaling the club's goals a season record of 36.

Not meaning to damn us with faint praise but setting any sort of positive record for us compared to previous seasons is pretty easy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2016 at 11:40 PM, n i k o said:

All Melbourne City teams won this weekend. Maximum 9 points taken. 

Edited: Just want to add, 50 fucking goals cunts. 7 games left. 9 goals for the record. Get in. 

Ha beat me to it.

Worth pointing out that when Brisbane scored 58, they actually played 30 games that season (season 2010/11 - last season of North Queensland).

So however much we smash the record by its gonna be all the more impressive 

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 0:03 PM, mattyh001 said:

Ha beat me to it.

Worth pointing out that when Brisbane scored 58, they actually played 30 games that season (season 2010/11 - last season of North Queensland).

So however much we smash the record by its gonna be all the more impressive 

Last season Victory scored 56. I think that must be the record for a 27-match season. We're on 55 now.