Melbourne Football

melbourne city kit ideas

mcsoccer225

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I wouldnt mind red on the kit if it didnt look like garbage with sky blue. I also dont remember any fan being consulted on what colours Heart should be either. But I cant remember exactly. 

Don't think that was practicable because many things had to be in place with FFA before foundation memberships were invited. But we did have the "third kit competition(s)" that gave people an opportunity to express themselves.

TBH I don't mind the traditional Manchester City kit, but not what they wear these days. And that's the way I think we will be forced to go. And I don't like it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't think that was practicable because many things had to be in place with FFA before foundation memberships were invited. But we did have the "third kit competition(s)" that gave people an opportunity to express themselves.

TBH I don't mind the traditional Manchester City kit, but not what they wear these days. And that's the way I think we will be forced to go. And I don't like it.

I think next seasons kit will be determined on how flexible nike will be with customization. FWIW I hope we have at a minimum 50% white as a home kit so there is some difference to Sydney who use navy as a secondary colour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

My issue is that they want us to literally wear another club's kit, but with our badge over the top.

From the comments Munn made at the last Fan Rep Group I think next season's away (and possibly the season after) will be the red and white sash kit.

Home is probably going to be some variation of full sky blue, I assume a Man City copy kit, although I hope we get a little bit of individuality in the design.

I don't expect anyone to agree but a sky blue and white stripe home kit with a read heart on the back of the colour or some red highlight (collar, cuffs etc) would be a very good  comprimise imo  

1 hour ago, Embee said:

From the comments Munn made at the last Fan Rep Group I think next season's away (and possibly the season after) will be the red and white sash kit.

Home is probably going to be some variation of full sky blue, I assume a Man City copy kit, although I hope we get a little bit of individuality in the design.

Would love the sash to come back. Make it the home kit imo

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I don't expect anyone to agree but a sky blue and white stripe home kit with a read heart on the back of the colour or some red highlight (collar, cuffs etc) would be a very good  comprimise imo  

Would love the sash to come back. Make it the home kit imo

Even a red stripe down the side of white shorts or round the top of white socks would do me. In fact I'd be ecstatic to see the boys run out in that. What I hate is the use of medium-dark blue anywhere, and the hate increase the darker the blue.

• Like 1

@CaNNaVo93

Can you do those blue vertical stripe kits with:

• White socks
  • Blue Nike Tick
  • White Buttons
  • Red Trim on sleeves
  • Red Trim on the bottom of the shorts

On 7/24/2016 at 8:26 PM, mcsoccer225 said:

Here we go boys wat do ya think?

jfherhl.jpg

IMO this is what I would want (with the current Nike designs)

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

The "cursed" sash :wub:

Could these designs (serious ones obviously) be forwarded in the next meeting?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Embee said:

I will weep with joy if it is

21 hours ago, CaNNaVo93 said:

The "cursed" sash :wub:

I don't know where this idea that the sash was cursed came from. It's not as if we did any better in any of the other kits we've worn

7 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I will weep with joy if it is

I don't know where this idea that the sash was cursed came from. It's not as if we did any better in any of the other kits we've worn

It was understandable after the 2012/13 season, 0 away wins. Well, 1 if you count the Round 1 derby win at Etihad. Next season the breakthrough happened Round 19 against the Nux 5-0, Willo hat trick along with that sexy Bronze In form FIFA card. Then not another away win for the rest of the season. Next season under city, using the stripes as the away tripled our away win record :lol:. Either way I still love it

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 2:34 PM, Embee said:

I thought FFA required kits to remain unchanged for two seasons? Does anyone actually believe anything Munn says any more?

The most-recent update on the FRG remains dated 25th November 2015. Not a good look...

Edited by jw1739

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I thought FFA required kits to remain unchanged for two seasons? Does anyone actually believe anything Munn says any more?

The most-recent update on the FRG remains dated 25th November 2015. Not a good look...

Have you made a post in the last 12 months here that isn't either pissy or negative for the sake of it?

I don't know what the FFA rules are but I've got no reason to not take Scott at face value, especially given my dealings with him during my involvement with the frg/terrace. His exact wording was that "both City and Heart fans will have something to be pleased about with the next set of kits" and that he'd "signed off the next two seasons worth" and that the away had a red and white scheme.

I don't take the minutes, I simply turn up on behalf of the Melburnians here and there, so I can't help you there.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Embee said:

Have you made a post in the last 12 months here that isn't either pissy or negative for the sake of it?

I don't know what the FFA rules are but I've got no reason to not take Scott at face value, especially given my dealings with him during my involvement with the frg/terrace. His exact wording was that "both City and Heart fans will have something to be pleased about with the next set of kits" and that he'd "signed off the next two seasons worth" and that the away had a red and white scheme.

I don't take the minutes, I simply turn up on behalf of the Melburnians here and there, so I can't help you there.

Plus its been reported start of the season that the agreement was made about us changing to 'City' blue as a home kit 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-kit-change-will-mirror-manchester-citys-blue/news-story/8d9377e6afa872c314a7b6d26b4cb397

Problem some have is that reports and information that confirms existing opinions and biases are taken as gospel truth and anything that issnt is either the reporter is rubbish or the person that info has been gathered from cant be trusted

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Plus its been reported start of the season that the agreement was made about us changing to 'City' blue as a home kit 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-kit-change-will-mirror-manchester-citys-blue/news-story/8d9377e6afa872c314a7b6d26b4cb397

Problem some have is that reports and information that confirms existing opinions and biases are taken as gospel truth and anything that issnt is either the reporter is rubbish or the person that info has been gathered from cant be trusted

Exactly.

For the record, Scott also suggested there may be a third kit in season 18-19 which would have Heart relevance, I'm assuming that'll be charcoal.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Embee said:

Exactly.

For the record, Scott also suggested there may be a third kit in season 18-19 which would have Heart relevance, I'm assuming that'll be charcoal.

Dont know why, but I've always liked black kits, the PSG one a couple of seasons ago was delicious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Yes, I'd overlooked that FFA intends to have an overall "refresh" of the League starting next season, and that would certainly overrule any other FFA dictates on kits.

1 hour ago, haz said:

Take out the League Badge and some of those sponsors and it's pretty good.... the model isn't

The a league badge doesn't bother me too much because of where the "kappa" is. If that huge green thing wasn't on the sleeve it would be nice as! Yes. Shame about the person wearing it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

@mcsoccer225 you're back. Can I request; our current kit with a stockmarket like crash represented on the front with the ffa cup at the peak before the crash?

yes but it might be a bit of a wait i am still in denmark but i can upload still but less hectic schedule but i can do stuff here and there :) 

15 hours ago, mcsoccer225 said:

l1JnIR6.jpg

I very much dislike how we have the League and manufacturer's logos on the front of our kits - makes the whole thing look so tacky IMO. Not that there's any chance of getting rid of them of course, but IMO the simpler the design the better.