Melbourne Football

Bri Davey

Kinnibari

The Women's Game have a long interview up with Bri Davey about her injury, how she's finding being at City, being dropped from the World Cup squad and playing AFL. I'm not going to copy it all here, but here's a bit:

Tell us about Melbourne City. What’s it like compared to other places you’ve played in terms of professionalism and facilities?

It’s absolutely amazing at City. I’ve only been part of a few clubs but it’s by far the most professional environment I’ve been part of. I put it up there with Matildas camps in the professionalism they try and hold there.

They give us the support we need. The men’s team are very good with us. They see us around and ask us how we’re doing. To have that sort of respect from the men’s team I think gives us more belief and a bit more inspiration to do really well in this league but also self motivation to realise that the women’s game is coming along and starting to grow a lot.

I think even the international girls who have played in big leagues and have been around the most professional environments have been really impressed with how well they’re treated and how professional it is at Melbourne City.

• Like 1