Melbourne Football

The APL/FA Management Thread

thisphantomfortress

34 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Depends. Whats the difference in definition between broad brim hat v bucket hat? 

Perhaps a compromise of club branded bucket hats only is a more appropriate measure 😵

Richie Richardson would be cut.

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Isnt Adam Bandt really Scott Munn?

So true, I have thought this more than once myself.

Edited by cadete

52 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

So the Cove have come out and said they won't be boycotting. 

You sure you guys don't want to change it to a JVSOUT protest?

LOL - They are the actual supporters who side plays at a ground owned by the SCG Trust whose fault it was for the leak and then there is fact that they had a good ten to fifteen Terrace Members (At least at one stage) mentioned as opposed to Four who have never been Active Fans for MCFC

The only thing that will make this look more farcical is if PPL ignore the Boycott altogether and still go in the Active Bays.

3 minutes ago, cadete said:

LOL - They are the actual supporters who side plays at a ground owned by the SCG Trust whose fault it was for the leak and then there is fact that they had a good ten to fifteen Terrace Members (At least at one stage) mentioned as opposed to Four who have never been Active Fans for MCFC

The only thing that will make this look more farcical is if PPL ignore the Boycott altogether and still go in the Active Bays.

I was thinking of doing exactly that.

• Like 1

I think this is quite selfish of the 'Melburnians' to stage a boycott. 

In my opinion, it does not affect us directly. No members of the MCFC have been suspended... We are at the stage where active supporters are critical to the development and marketing of the game as a whole. Without them, the game suffers greatly due to lack of atmosphere, especially being a Friday night game televised on free -to-air T.V. People go to games not only for the match but also the atmosphere- If it happens to be a number of people's first time going to a game and it happens to have no atmosphere what so ever do you really think they will return? Do you think people will be enticed to go to the next game if they watch the game on T.V with no atmosphere? Some people need to wake up and see the 'big picture' instead of being selfish and making headlines for no good reason. Of course the FFA will make a note of the boycott but do you really think they will act upon it when a few hundred people do not turn up? It will only be a blow to the game, it will only be a blow to the City players who do not have anyone backing them. 

Please reconsider it. 

• Like 5

On 23 November 2015 at 4:54:35 PM, cadete said:

Niko, you dont have to work in Politics to see how the FFA have given out bans over the past ten years... a lot of PPL on here like myself know how it works...

1. The first is the pretty straight forward finding of PPL handling of flares/Committing Violence in Stadiums/Pitch Invasions on CCTV at matches.

2. The second is by targeting groups (And particular individuals they dont like) and catching them in the act/doing a bannable offence and then banning them. So in effect building cases on individuals, hence why if you look at the photos you will find the most come from MV who they targeted first, then WSW and more recently SFC.

Fine, you accept there are some PPL who deserve bans but who are all these PPL you know of that dont deserve bans?

Which comes back to my point that this really is not a MCFC issue, in fact it really was not a MHFC issue because the FFA and Hatamoto have never targeted MCFC/MHFC fans hence the really small amount of bans (And only one for violence) in comparison to the three other clubs from Australia's two biggest cities all with multiple bans for violence.

Also if u still think the FFA are responsible for this leak you are the one spinning things because if they really wanted to Hools on the back page of the paper they would have done as such the day after the last derby.

Like I said in my first post, given the new information, I hope the Melburnians can justify the protest as it seems it was made before the this new information had come out. Given the information that has come out it does seem the decision was made a bit hastily. 

I did not say they were directly responsible for this leak. But FFA needs to take some of the responsibility for it. They garuntee that the privacy and confidentiality of each person will be protected which clearly they haven't have they. 

No question about protesting FFA's treatment of active fans and FFA's bans. The nature of the protest is the issue as the silence doesn't put the case to the general public. We'd all be better off printing face masks of the people shown on line and have everyone wear their face if you want to make the point that it can happen to anyone

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

No question about protesting FFA's treatment of active fans and FFA's bans. The nature of the protest is the issue as the silence doesn't put the case to the general public. We'd all be better off printing face masks of the people shown on line and have everyone wear their face if you want to make the point that it can happen to anyone

Whatever they decide to do I'd recommend members of the Melburnians, if they haven't already, contact the club and advise them of what they're planning to do. It is important for the sake of our team that they understand what the supporters are doing so they aren't affected by this during the game. In saying that it seems a number of our players have already spoken out against this whole issue. 

We all know all this protests and walk outs aren't going to do shit right?

In fact, will anyone even remember this news article after this week?

Who cares about these dredges of society who can't even behave at a soccer match? "but if there identity's are revealed how will they get a job?" Do we honestly think these people who run around acting like ultras and throwing flares at soccer games and shit are really going to amount to much outside of scrubbing toilets near your local shopping centre? I agree with not revealing identities of people under 18, but these people are adults, why is no body questioning the behaviour of these individuals? Is it not there fault in the first place that articles like this can be written? After all, these are the people who are giving fuel to people like Rebecca Wilson who then can write shit about the game we all love dearly

Unless someone can prove that all the people in the article or somehow innocent or cases of mistaken identity i just feel no sympathy for these people and feel in fact this protest supports the idea more that we support dickhead behaviour rather then condone it

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

We all know all this protests and walk outs aren't going to do shit right?

In fact, will anyone even remember this news article after this week?

Who cares about these dredges of society who can't even behave at a soccer match? "but if there identity's are revealed how will they get a job?" Do we honestly think these people who run around acting like ultras and throwing flares at soccer games and shit are really going to amount to much outside of scrubbing toilets near your local shopping centre? I agree with not revealing identities of people under 18, but these people are adults, why is no body questioning the behaviour of these individuals? Is it not there fault in the first place that articles like this can be written? After all, these are the people who are giving fuel to people like Rebecca Wilson who then can write shit about the game we all love dearly

Unless someone can prove that all the people in the article or somehow innocent or cases of mistaken identity i just feel no sympathy for these people and feel in fact this protest supports the idea more that we support dickhead behaviour rather then condone it

The issue is that these people have been publicly identified and named and accused despite almost all of them never having been charged with a crime, tried or convicted by a Court. They have been identified by ground security, presumably sometimes from out of a crowd, and the banning process is not open to examination nor appeal. Clearly at least one error of identity has occurred. This information has then been leaked, breaching privacy laws and unnecessarily published in full to suit other political agendas. If someone has committed a crime, arrest them, charge them and try them in an open Court.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, n i k o said:

image.thumb.png.b17c19be4225b64b3dfa3ea6

This is helpful letter in explaining what has happened and why it is wrong. My only concern is that the form of protest is ambiguous and likely to be ineffective. FFA and the franchises would take more notice if every active supporter cancelled their season ticket and returned them to the franchise with a covering letter explaining why.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ecguymer said:

this morning the ABC reported that both western sydney and victory active support groups will be staging half-time walk outs over this

Well this kind of makes sense, seeing as it was their supporters who were the bulk of those PPL named as opposed to us... :unsure:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, cadete said:

Well this kind of makes sense, seeing as it was their supporters who were the bulk of those PPL named as opposed to us... :unsure:

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Its an issue that should concern all fans of all teams though, I support our fans doing something but something that has an unambiguous message

So PPL should protest against Hatamoto and FFA Banning Policy?

Which has been to focus almost all of their attention and limited resources on MV, WSW, and more lately SFC fans and give MHFC/MCFC fans pretty much a free ride to do whatever they want as a consequence for over Five Seasons now.

Those Bastards!

Edited by cadete

Protests only work if you have a weapon to use... showing up at a game and protesting does nothing.  You're still coming, you haven't given them any indication that you'll stop going to matches.  Where's the incentive for them to do anything about what you're protesting?  They've got to believe that you're serious about never spending money on the A-League until the matter gets resolved.  They're not politicians who care about being re-elected, they don't care if you hate them.  All they want is your patronage.  At present, it seems like all that's being suggested is a mass hissy fit, and then things will go back to normal next week.  While they won't want the negative publicity, they can ride it out for one week.  If people are serious about the issue, they've got to do something serious in order for something to get done.

Me, I just don't care enough.  Doesn't affect me, nor is not likely to ever affect me.  I derive just as much enjoyment watching football whether active support is there or not.  Actually, given the offences listed, they might even be more likely to annoy me then entertain me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, morphine said:

You know a protest is the right thing to do when the vast majority support it e.g. Aloisi out, color change, JVS out. 

You know it's not the right thing to do when basically everyone thinks it's nonsense. 

Maybe Melburnians are dreaming that this protest can be as groundbreaking and effective as the legendary #KeepMelbourneRedAndWhite campaign...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadete said:

So PPL should protest against Hatamoto and FFA Banning Policy?

Which has been to focus almost all of their attention and limited resources on MV, WSW, and more lately SFC fans and give MHFC/MCFC fans pretty much a free ride to do whatever they want as a consequence for over Five Seasons now.

Those Bastards!

Yes because we (the supporters) are only strong if we act collectively. If FFA/ Hatamoto get to create 'antiseptic 'active' support (cheer squads) in their image at the visitors and WSW then they will come after the other supporter groups and impose the same restrictions

1 hour ago, Moraiwe said:

Protests only work if you have a weapon to use... showing up at a game and protesting does nothing.  You're still coming, you haven't given them any indication that you'll stop going to matches.  Where's the incentive for them to do anything about what you're protesting?  They've got to believe that you're serious about never spending money on the A-League until the matter gets resolved.  They're not politicians who care about being re-elected, they don't care if you hate them.  All they want is your patronage.  At present, it seems like all that's being suggested is a mass hissy fit, and then things will go back to normal next week.  While they won't want the negative publicity, they can ride it out for one week.  If people are serious about the issue, they've got to do something serious in order for something to get done.

Me, I just don't care enough.  Doesn't affect me, nor is not likely to ever affect me.  I derive just as much enjoyment watching football whether active support is there or not.  Actually, given the offences listed, they might even be more likely to annoy me then entertain me.

That's why something like every active supporter group sending back their season tickets to the franchise owners and asking for a refund (even though you'd be unlikely to get it) would send a clear message and have concerned franchisees contacting FFA and demanding a resolution

Sometimes it's better to do nothing overt.  All you end up doing is giving traction to the story and credibility to the low life reporters.  A protest at the game will only affect the team, the attendees and the day.  There are other ways of handling this - using the OAIC, talking to no win no fee lawyers like Maurice and Blackburn, seeing if the Press council have a view (probably none), having the Fan Representatives discuss it with MCFC etc etc.  Oh - and also help to try and control any hint of "lawlessness" at games in the first place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Yes because we (the supporters) are only strong if we act collectively. If FFA/ Hatamoto get to create 'antiseptic 'active' support (cheer squads) in their image at the visitors and WSW then they will come after the other supporter groups and impose the same restrictions

That's why something like every active supporter group sending back their season tickets to the franchise owners and asking for a refund (even though you'd be unlikely to get it) would send a clear message and have concerned franchisees contacting FFA and demanding a resolution

Mate, even if you just isolated those MV fans on the list who received their bans for when they specifically acted aggressively towards Heart fans for no real reason then there are still more PPL in total than the four MHFC fans that are listed.

Then you also have the fact that the actual number of MV fans listed who have acted aggressively towards MHFC or MCFC fans just in general is easily over three times as many as those PPL listed as MCFC fans... despite all of these bans being received in MHFC days.

But you still feel that this is a battle who has had none of its Terrace Members listed battle to fight?

Someone really should start a Poll on whether PPL would like the protest to be over JVS or Mongs being listed in a paper.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

This is an issue of fairness and justice, its an issue that applies to all fans who enter a stadium so it applies as much to us as it does to the visitors. If people commit an offence then they should be charged and have an option of a day in Court. The present process is somewhat arbitrary and has no right of appeal.The second issue of breach of privacy should offend us all, it isn't just an issue for people on the list or even just for football supporters.

The JVS issue is a seperate issue and also more than worthy of our attention.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

This is an issue of fairness and justice, its an issue that applies to all fans who enter a stadium so it applies as much to us as it does to the visitors. If people commit an offence then they should be charged and have an option of a day in Court. The present process is somewhat arbitrary and has no right of appeal.The second issue of breach of privacy should offend us all, it isn't just an issue for people on the list or even just for football supporters.

The JVS issue is a seperate issue and also more than worthy of our attention.

Seriously I still dont get it why A-League fans dont understand the simple premise behind the law of: Trespassing.

A Football Match, A Party, A Nightclub, A KFC at 4am if they decide they dont want you there and its their event/place you dont then deserve a right of bloody appeal as some Human Right this is how the law has worked for years and years.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

I don't have an issue with people being banned for behaving illegally. I do have a problem with there being no appeal process as it implies that mistakes will never occur and that all relevant facts will be available to the decision makers every single time. These rules apply to everyone so we should all be concerned even if we have been unaffected.

I am concerned about the privacy breach as should all of us.

• Like 2

• jw1739 changed the title to The APL/FA Management Thread
  • jw1739 pinned this topic