Melbourne Football

City Voice

n i k o

20 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I've decided I'm the wrong demographic for City Voice.

They want to know about "match day experience" my match day experience is 100% about my team winning.

They want to know about different Β goal songs and walk out songs etc, I'm wondering "why do we even have these things?"

Best if I just leave them to it.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I feel like the target City Voice demographic looks something like this:

lemmings.jpg

Edited by Blackout
lemming didn't embed

23 minutes ago, Jovan said:

These people are clueless. FMD they have just sent another survey!!!!!!

I can't believe how inept these people are. My mind has been blown.

I have just sent a reply e-mail saying I'm not prepared to respond to further surveys unless and until the club responds to the comments and questions already made on "City Voice", and that I'd love to help the club grow but if no-one is listening then what is the point?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

They have no "receive" function; only "transmit" works. But seriously, what on earth do they think they are doing? I have had no acknowledgment of my fairly long reply to Tony Hughes, and now this.

Exactly.Β 

I was going to send that Tony dude another email but instead I'll wait and see what transpires. They can't be that stupid.

Can they?

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Got an email asking, what Luke's hairstyle should be? WhatΒ is wrong with this club.

Based on how he played last week, Brattan would be well advised to stop worrying about his fing hair and get back to playing something resembling football.

3 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

If you actually read it, it's trying to get people to donate to his world's greatest shave. I don't see what's wrong with that...

No, there isn't.

IΒ think, though, that it comes across as if the club isn't concentrating on winning matches and trophies. The other "news stories" are a clinic before last Friday's match, Player of the Month, and two of our ladies playing in aΒ losing Matildas side. Nothing wrong with those either, but when you're not winning it just seems that the focus is wrong.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

If you actually read it, it's trying to get people to donate to his world's greatest shave. I don't see what's wrong with that...

Its unfortunate timing.

its bring attention of non football matters to a guy who currently isn't playing well enough to be in a (losing)Β side. Β Creates an impression that 1) he's a mug lair who isn't training hard enough 2) the club is seriously distracted.

Can't they get Jesus kennedy or mass murdocca or some other ex player toΒ do it?

Look I usually agree with both of you guys but I think you're definitely overthinking here, just like most of the Forum sometimes. At the end of the day what would you rather they do? Negative or no fan interaction via social media? Constantly talking about how shit we are? It's not the social media manager's job to make the team play better, it's their job to promote the club and put it in a positive light to attract more members. What would you rather Luke Brattan do than something for charity? Train 24 hours a day? When he's not training juggle in his backyard or kick a football against a wall? Do you work at your job 24 hours a day? Of course not! Just because he's shaving his head and the club is promoting it doesn't mean he isn't working hard. It's got absolutely nothing to do with anything on the field and to suggest that this sort of thing is bad in any way is ridiculous. Christ I remember how much people used to complain about our lack of social media presence and club promotion in the Heart days and now that we're actually doing it people are complaining that they're not focussed on winning because of it? Bloody hell this forum sometimes I swear.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Look I usually agree with both of you guys but I think you're definitely overthinking here, just like most of the Forum sometimes. At the end of the day what would you rather they do? Negative or no fan interaction via social media? Constantly talking about how shit we are? It's not the social media manager's job to make the team play better, it's their job to promote the club and put it in a positive light to attract more members. What would you rather Luke Brattan do than something for charity? Train 24 hours a day? When he's not training juggle in his backyard or kick a football against a wall? Do you work at your job 24 hours a day? Of course not! Just because he's shaving his head and the club is promoting it doesn't mean he isn't working hard. It's got absolutely nothing to do with anything on the field and to suggest that this sort of thing is bad in any way is ridiculous. Christ I remember how much people used to complain about our lack of social media presence and club promotion in the Heart days and now that we're actually doing it people are complaining that they're not focussed on winning because of it? Bloody hell this forum sometimes I swear.

I thought my post was more straight to the point but you've said everything I was thinking. Little green heart coming your way.Β 

11 hours ago, haz said:

Β 

Didn't even read the thing, just saw the notification asking, 'what haircut....' and got pissed off and deleted it.

9 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Β Train 24 hours a day? When he's not training juggle in his backyard or kick a football against a wall?Β 

It would be a start.

He could show us his juggling skills on the bench because heΒ shouldn't be starting that's for sure.

Β 

14 minutes ago, malloy said:

Isn't that the problem? We can all see the light, but it seems to get further and further away.

Nope, the light is I'm going to the football to watch the football. I'm not going to watch us win as the main reasonΒ anymore. Finally enjoying it again.Β 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Got a response from that Tony dude.

Standard pr spin. (don't know why I expected anything else ).

Oh well. I guess it's Friday.Β 

Me too and it looks like he's based in England for CFG so I'm expecting even less than usual.

Did we all receive the same reply as per the following?

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. This is incredibly helpful.

As a team, we have collated all the feedback we have received and we will be using it to improve how we interact with our fans via City Voice. We will be making a few changes to really enhance the experience for our members, so look out for new topics and activities to get involved with in the coming weeks and months.

We also recognise that fans would like to receive more information about how feedback is used to shape decisions at the club; therefore, we will doing more to inform City Voice members about how their contributions have made a difference. Β This could be through regular posts/updates on the site, or via web chats with members of club staff. We will be beginning a process of improvement, with your ideas in mind.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to help, we really value your opinion.

Yes exactly. Very disapointing and even condescending.Β 

If he sent only 15 emails as was originally stated then he should have replied directly to those 15 people.Β 

One of my points in my original response was that the city voice site was clumsy and hard to navigate and at a bare minimum all posts need to be dated.

Even if he said we have tried but can't fix this issue that would have been ok.

But instead the above. This does little to engage infact it turns people away.

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Did we all receive the same reply as per the following?

As a team, we have collated all the feedback we have received and we will be using it to improve how we interact with our fans via City Voice. We will be making a few changes to really enhance the experience for our members, so look out for new topics and activities to get involved with in the coming weeks and months.

We also recognise that fans would like to receive more information about how feedback is used to shape decisions at the club; therefore, we will doing more to inform City Voice members about how their contributions have made a difference. Β This could be through regular posts/updates on the site, or via web chats with members of club staff. We will be beginning a process of improvement, with your ideas in mind.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to help, we really value your opinion.

And dates on the posts? Maybe someone with some website knowledge can help. How hard is it to add times and dates to posts made on a forum? Currently City Voice has none and apparently the way they make it sound it would take everything but a change of brand name to get it done so it's not worth it.Β 

Just now, n i k o said:

And dates on the posts? Maybe someone with some website knowledge can help. How hard is it to add times and dates to posts made on a forum? Currently City Voice has none and apparently the way they make it sound it would take everything but a change of brand name to get it done so it's not worth it.Β 

Β 

Β 

As a team, we have collated all the feedback we have received and we will be using it to improve how we interact with our fans viaΒ CityΒ Voice. We will be making a few changes to really enhance the experience for our members, so look out for new topics and activities to get involved with in the coming weeks and months.

Β 

Time stamps are something we are working to try and build into the site. I know this is something many members would like to see added.

Β 

We also recognise that fans would like to receive more information about how feedback is used to shape decisions at the club; therefore, we will doing more to informΒ CityΒ VoiceΒ members about how their contributions have made a difference. Β This could be through regular posts/updates on the site, or via web chats with members of club staff. We will be beginning a process of improvement, with your ideas in mind.

Β 

Β 

I mentioned it.
I'm amazed that this can't be fixed. They were there to begin with.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Well, some us are luckier than myself as i was one of those who got the original email and replied but not this time. It seems i might have upset him or something as i have had no further contact from him or anyone else, i did say in the feedback bit that i was totally dismayed by the teams efforts so maybe thats why i have heard nothing.Ah well such is life.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Getting irrationally angry without knowing the facts? That doesn't soundΒ like youΒ ;)

Nah just got better things to do than get spammed by MC bullshit about a haircut.

Β I wouldΒ prefer to have intelligent conversations about football with the great people on this forum.

5 hours ago, Jovan said:

Yes exactly. Very disapointing and even condescending.Β 

If he sent only 15 emails as was originally stated then he should have replied directly to those 15 people.Β 

One of my points in my original response was that the city voice site was clumsy and hard to navigate and at a bare minimum all posts need to be dated.

Even if he said we have tried but can't fix this issue that would have been ok.

But instead the above. This does little to engage infact it turns people away.

None of the points I put in my quite lengthy e-mail received a mention in his reply. Disappointing.

• 3 months later...