Melbourne Football

City Voice

n i k o

Club held two online chats Tuesday and tonight. They were open to asking our thoughts on the season both on field and off. So it's good to see they're being open in hearing our thoughts and concerns about all aspects. Also age  an opportunity to have a crack about JVS appointment amongst other things. I was told they will write up a report on their findings from these discussions which will be passed onto us which at least gives us some closure on a number of issues raised. Hopefully they don't pick and choose the topics they want to respond to though. 

Overall I felt this was a positive experience and from what they said they will be holding more of these through the offseason and season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Club held two online chats Tuesday and tonight. They were open to asking our thoughts on the season both on field and off. So it's good to see they're being open in hearing our thoughts and concerns about all aspects. Also age  an opportunity to have a crack about JVS appointment amongst other things. I was told they will write up a report on their findings from these discussions which will be passed onto us which at least gives us some closure on a number of issues raised. Hopefully they don't pick and choose the topics they want to respond to though. 

Overall I felt this was a positive experience and from what they said they will be holding more of these through the offseason and season. 

Was really good. I didn't take part on Tuesday just tonight. It was good that the discussions were quite open and we were free to discuss whatever. 

Now lets see what comes from this.

But at the end of the day it's better than nothing.

On 5/12/2016 at 8:22 PM, Jovan said:

Was really good. I didn't take part on Tuesday just tonight. It was good that the discussions were quite open and we were free to discuss whatever. 

Now lets see what comes from this.

But at the end of the day it's better than nothing.

Are these sessions via the computer or by a conference call?

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

i've whacked this up on city voice, i doubt it will get anywhere and people will disagree but no harm in trying 

https://www.city-voice.com.au/discussion/season-it-stands

Nothing wrong with trying. The "early renewal" question was asked in the "2016/17 Memberships" discussion some time ago, but there's never been any answer. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Club is discussing starting a podcast, which I think is a fantastic initiative. Jump on City Voice and have your say.

Criteria for being on the podcast is probably: "Must be pro-JVS"

Edited by hakz7

41 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Criteria for being on the podcast is probably: "Must be pro-JVS"

Some of the things I mentioned that I'd like to hear on them are:

-Player interviews

-coach interviews

-member interviews

-match day reviews and discussions 

Skys the limit with what can be discussed but these were the basics I'd like to see to be a part of the podcasts

I said an 'on-air' sacking of JVS would be the best way to ensure a large amount of listeners.

Edit: every opportunity the club gives us to give feedback we should hammer them on JVS. 

Edited by malloy
Fuck JVS
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose to be a live chat happening tonight which has not gone ahead. No confirmation whether it was cancelled or postponed. Very dissapointing, especially if this is one of the main roles of the people running City Voice. 

For those that haven't visited City Voice there's been recommendations on there to include the date and times of when people post. How long does it take for something like this to be implemented?     

I feel they are very non committal to the whole concept behind City Voice. 

Edited by n i k o

16 hours ago, n i k o said:

Suppose to be a live chat happening tonight which has not gone ahead. No confirmation whether it was cancelled or postponed. Very dissapointing, especially if this is one of the main roles of the people running City Voice. 

For those that haven't visited City Voice there's been recommendations on there to include the date and times of when people post. How long does it take for something like this to be implemented?     

I feel they are very non committal to the whole concept behind City Voice. 

Pretty much this. Very bewildering what they are trying to achieve.  All these proposals surveys and whatever else and nothing is concluded. Really dissapointing and counterproductive. 

20 hours ago, Jovan said:

Pretty much this. Very bewildering what they are trying to achieve.  All these proposals surveys and whatever else and nothing is concluded. Really dissapointing and counterproductive. 

City Voice is certainly counterproductive at this stage. It's pissing people off rather than making them feel wanted and listened to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

City Voice is certainly counterproductive at this stage. It's pissing people off rather than making them feel wanted and listened to.

This was my communication with Chris on City Voice:

Me: So is the live chat happening tonight? I've had no contact regarding whether it's going ahead or if it's been cancelled...

Chris: Hi n I k o. No, the Live Chat isn't going ahead tonight but the Digital Diary will be next week. We mentioned in the survey that we weren't sure we were going ahead with both. If you've said you'd like to be involved with the Diary look out for an email tomorrow!

Me: Hi Chris. Wouldn't it be prudent to notify people that it isn't going ahead? Considering the fact I took the time to be ready to take part, I'd say it is. .

Now in hindsight I could have just assumed it wasn't on because I didn't hear back from them and as stated by Chris they weren't sure either.  But because I was keen to hear what they wanted to talk about I just assumed it would go ahead. What has annoyed me more is the way it has now been dealt with. I don't need an apology but as a business I would expect one, and the fact there is no reply after my last comment is further annoying. The standard of communication on City Voice is poor, and this basically sums it up for me at this stage. 

I have not bothered with city voice, i waste enough time talking about this club on here.

But i get the impression City voice has really not turned out to be what they had planned. I feel like they envisioned a group of loyal fans logging in each day to talk about how much they love this club and encourage all their friends to get involved, and the friends eventually get swept up in the hype and they turn into die hards after a while, etc etc.

What i dont think they saw coming is that the only people who are invested enough in this club to bother with it are not happy and want change. Now its just become another thing thats been put in the "too hard" basket- which is something that we are sick of seeing at this club and ironically one of the main reasons the people logging in are wanting to see change.

There is a "City Voice" for both ManC and NYCFC.
https://www.city-voice.co.uk/user/login?destination=home
https://www.city-voice.us/user/login?destination=home
I haven't registered for either, but from the appearance the software looks as though it's common across all three clubs. It would be interesting to know what sort of use is being made of this facility at the other two clubs.

19 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

i'm 1 of 15 doing the social media diary entry this week, anybody got something they want me to try include

16 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Jvs stinks

No more apples in the vending machines please.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Another survey.

Also one of the questions was a new song couldn't be bothered posting it.

When are they ever going to respond to any questions posed and what are the outcomes to the 20 something previous surveys. 

Completely pointless.

Edited by Jovan

5 hours ago, Jovan said:

Another survey.

Also one of the questions was a new song couldn't be bothered posting it.

When are they ever going to respond to any questions posed and what are the outcomes to the 20 something previous surveys. 

Completely pointless.

I still can't believe that CFG would set up "City Voice" across its organization and then not use it in the way originally intended. As you say, completely pointless, and just doesn't make sense. Either run it properly by timely and meaningful responses to questions and comments, or close it down.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is anyone still receiving monthly surveys? I am. Also I was recently asked to reset my password and now my correspondence from City Voice is address to "John", which I'm not and never have been. I'm really puzzled by all this.

Yes. Yesterday was about the membership packs and reaction. No change to username or passwords.

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Yes. Yesterday was about the membership packs and reaction. No change to username or passwords.

May I ask whether you took part in the survey? I'm still doing them, but I don't think I've seen any outcomes from any of them. I used yesterday's to have a real shot at how "City Voice" is being handled. 

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Still waiting to complete the latest "beautiful football survey".

I kinda was very descriptive in the last one

So was I. As for City Voice itself - well, doesn't look as though anyone is at the other end listening. Either make it work of get rid of it - it's pathetic as it stands.

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Did anyone else receive an e-mail about "City Voice" this week from a guy called Tony Hughes "Research and Insights Executive" of City Football Group who's apparently recently lobbed here at CFA to join Melbourne City?

Yes. Apparently it was to "15" regular users. 

I responded with a "constructive" email.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Yes. Apparently it was to "15" regular users. 

I responded with a "constructive" email.

There's probably only 15 or so regular users anyway...I sent in my reply - quite a long one - and also tried to to be constructive. I also took the opportunity to comment on the lack of activity on "Citizens." No acknowledgement so far, but it will be interesting to see what happens from here.

There was mention of the possibility of live chat last week, but I don't think that took place.

Perhaps this guy has been sent over to liven things up. Assuming he's here of course - he might be doing it all via e-mail from Manchester.

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

There's probably only 15 or so regular users anyway...I sent in my reply - quite a long one - and also tried to to be constructive. I also took the opportunity to comment on the lack of activity on "Citizens." No acknowledgement so far, but it will be interesting to see what happens from here.

There was mention of the possibility of live chat last week, but I don't think that took place.

Perhaps this guy has been sent over to liven things up. Assuming he's here of course - he might be doing it all via e-mail from Manchester.

They obviously realize that city voice has just flopped which initially is a positive because ultimately they will fix it.

Whether this Tony dude is here or Manchester or anywhere doesn't matter too much(to me). What's important is that city voice gets fixed and becomes a proper conduit between the supporters and the club.

We will see.

I've decided I'm the wrong demographic for City Voice.

They want to know about "match day experience" my match day experience is 100% about my team winning.

They want to know about different  goal songs and walk out songs etc, I'm wondering "why do we even have these things?"

Best if I just leave them to it.