Melbourne Football

City Voice

n i k o

Recently posted by the club:

Dear City Fans,

Thanks for your responses, your feedback is very important to us! Firstly, we would like to acknowledge the delays in responding to each individual comment – rest assured the Club is paying close attention to all of your opinions and creative ideas. Melbourne City is collating responses on a weekly basis, which are reviewed and discussed internally. The Club will endeavour to respond to all posts in due course but for the time being please continue to express your ideas. In terms of the walk out at Derby matches, this is predetermined by Fox Sports and FFA and not by the clubs.

Please continue to contribute to City Voice as all ideas and opinions are taken on board! #Together We Are Louder

Good suggestion @jw1739, getting the club to acknowledge members thoughts and opinions. 

Everyone if you really want to be heard by the club I suggest you log in to City Voice. 

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Recently posted by the club:

Good suggestion @jw1739, getting the club to acknowledge members thoughts and opinions. 

Everyone if you really want to be heard by the club I suggest you log in to City Voice. 

Thanks Niko. I just thought that as the club has opened a second "official" communication conduit (in addition to the FRG) we might as well use it, but it was looking pointless without any acknowledgement or feedback. As long as the comments are civil and not abusive then there's no reason for the club to close off the conduit. So I echo your last sentence above.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2015, 9:38:38, hakz7 said:

I said to not have a goal song.

So did I.

On a wider issue, though, someone just asked a question as to why neither Hughes nor Trifiro were being selected, and the answer given was that neither is fully fit. Perhaps more importantly, the answer indicates that City wants "City Voice" to be only about the "match-day experience" and not about on-field matters.

Again I think we have this reluctance to engage with supporters over matters of substance. However, I look forward to seeing a barrage of questions about the disappearance of the sausage stand...

• 4 weeks later...

I just would like So Happy Together to not be our Run-out song.    I didn't have any great suggestions for a replacement but we'll see.   

On 19/11/2015 at 9:16 PM, Thrillhouse said:

doing my bit :up:

Yeah I'd love to see Cosmic Psychos cranking out.   If we're down by 2-3 goals they can start playing 'Nice day to go to the pub'.  

Edited by JediCapitalist

• 4 weeks later...

I received the following email this morning, pretty rapt. 

Good Morning Jovan,

You have been randomly selected as City Voice’s winner for the month of December! You have won a signed NIKE Melbourne City 2015/16 Home Jersey.

Can you please confirm your current postal address below. Once confirmed we can send out your prize.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2016 at 6:59 PM, Jovan said:

I received the following email this morning, pretty rapt. 

Good Morning Jovan,

You have been randomly selected as City Voice’s winner for the month of December! You have won a signed NIKE Melbourne City 2015/16 Home Jersey.

Can you please confirm your current postal address below. Once confirmed we can send out your prize.

👍👍👍

20160206_083359_8_bestshot.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I haven't been able to log in to City Voice for  a few days - doesn't recognise my log in or my attempt to get a new password? Anyone else affected?

site says it's being updated,

got a response to my idea of reducing the 2 side active bays, saying they'd pass it on.
obviously not put into effect tonight and another tiny turnout on the sides, probably lucky to have 50 people in each of them

4 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

meh, so all old messages have been wiped then?

There's a reply there (to a message from Jovan) to say that they can't transfer the messages across to the new site, but they have kept them and are working through them.

Edited by jw1739

• 4 weeks later...

The club sent out a survey regarding our new 15/16 Membership campaign video. What did you guys think? I said the voiceover was poor, sounded like Gameiro was doing instead of a professional, lol. Interesting question was something like "We've been thinking of using the fans to add to this video. How do you think we should do this?"

I think you mean 16/17 membership campaign. IMO a slick video but essentially useless. It didn't even mention Melbourne City Football Club, the A-League, any of our star players, benefits of membership, etc. etc., or advance a single reason as to why someone already not a member should become one.  Another example of "preaching to the converted."
As to "how the fans could add" to something already produced - I didn't understand that question at all.
I am obviously missing something, but I don't understand why the club is doing all this before this season has finished and we actually have something to boast about (we probably won't anyway). Now if you could mention achievements such as winning something and participating in the ACL then I would understand - but not as the club stands at the moment.

I logged on to the New City Voice last night.

I found the whole experience depressing, the place just seems soulless and cold. I can't help feeling CFG only want our views over a very narrow range of things, which are mostly stuff I couldn't care less about.

Frankly when CFG took over I thought I'd give them a chance, but after 2 years it still just feels like a soulless corporate entity based in Manchester that wants to export their Manchester brand to the world and we are just the backwater branch office.

So where I go to from here I'm not sure, but I can't see me spending a lot of time on "City Voice".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I logged on to the New City Voice last night.

I found the whole experience depressing, the place just seems soulless and cold. I can't help feeling CFG only want our views over a very narrow range of things, which are mostly stuff I couldn't care less about.

Frankly when CFG took over I thought I'd give them a chance, but after 2 years it still just feels like a soulless corporate entity based in Manchester that wants to export their Manchester brand to the world and we are just the backwater branch office.

So where I go to from here I'm not sure, but I can't see me spending a lot of time on "City Voice".

Exactly. 

I posted a while back and got no response. The point of it is to get a response from the club. Seriously doubt I'll go back.

As far as CFG and Melbourne City I didn't expect much difference. All I really want out of City is to be able to watch high level soccer on a weekly basis and have some connection to. So far they have delivered.

After the changes to city voice I couldn't log into my account. I sent an email to the club and got a response back weeks later. I sent another email back to say I still couldn't log in. A month or so down the track and still no response. Great communication, I couldn't be arsed at this stage of going to the effort of calling them to resolve the issue. 

Have to agree with the sentiments expressed above. "City Voice" is turning out to be a flop, simply because the three members of the fan engagement team are falling down on the commitment to respond to the posts made to the site. There's no point in starting something if you're not going to keep on with it. In fact not to keep on with it is worse than not having it in the first place.

14 hours ago, Jovan said:

Exactly. 

I posted a while back and got no response. The point of it is to get a response from the club. Seriously doubt I'll go back.

As far as CFG and Melbourne City I didn't expect much difference. All I really want out of City is to be able to watch high level soccer on a weekly basis and have some connection to. So far they have delivered.

It's the connection bit that's bothering me. I don't feel a connection to "Melchester City".

in the end it's my problem I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, True Until I die said:

Peter Sidwell, the only A-league club owner to run his club into the ground on a shoestring budget, with substandard facilities and little to no fan engagement and still record a multi-million dollar profit.

Only reason the club was attractive to buy was because of the name 'melbourne'

The only reason the club was attractive to buy was because it had an A-League licence.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2016 at 10:09 PM, Shahanga said:

It's the connection bit that's bothering me. I don't feel a connection to "Melchester City".

in the end it's my problem I guess.

I'm in the same boat. We're more just a part of their global brand than a football club.

At this point in time, I won't be renewing my membership.

I don't feel like that. Seems very much like a club with its own living, breathing set of fans to me.

Fair enough every one has a different take on it, but I'm just saying it very much still feels like my club - and a very well ran one at that.

56 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

I'm in the same boat. We're more just a part of their global brand than a football club.

Please dont be one these guys who says this, in fact goes to point of posting it on Twitter and then I see at basically at every home game... cos those PPL are just lame.

NOTE: I dont know you - So I am not saying that you will be one of this types.

(I just dont like PPL making grand statements and then not honouring them.)

Edited by cadete

59 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

I haven't decide yet, next season seems a long way away right now.

At this stage I'd simply look at it on a purely financial basis. How many games am I likely to attend, work out the cost of that vs match day tickets, plus assess whether the squad appeared to be worth paying money to see.

3 hours ago, cadete said:

Please dont be one these guys who says this, in fact goes to point of posting it on Twitter and then I see at basically at every home game... cos those PPL are just lame.

NOTE: I dont know you - So I am not saying that you will be one of this types.

(I just dont like PPL making grand statements and then not honouring them.)

Since when is mentioning that you may not renew your membership a 'grand statement'?

I don't use twitter either.

I might turn up to a few games, maybe become a derby special, but i just can't help but feel i've wasted too much money the last couple of years half-heartedly watching a club i'm not really invested in. And it's not just the membership, it's the money spent on beers, food, train, etc., that could be spent on more important things.

Having said all that, i did preface it by saying "At this point in time....." :D

Edited by Pete Heartspur

1 hour ago, Pete Heartspur said:

Since when is mentioning that you may not renew your membership a 'grand statement'?

I don't use twitter either.

I might turn up to a few games, maybe become a derby special, but i just can't help but feel i've wasted too much money the last couple of years half-heartedly watching a club i'm not really invested in. And it's not just the membership, it's the money spent on beers, food, train, etc., that could be spent on more important things.

Having said all that, i did preface it by saying "At this point in time....." :D

I was saying their statements were grand... def not yours mate.

I just hate it when PPL dont honour their word, "Do as you say" is pretty much my major guiding principle in life.

I think Ive changed my mind about 8 times in the past few weeks whether I'll continue to be a member next year. I think my thoughts are pretty close to Pete Heartspur about everything. Having a family also forces you to prioritise things a bit more, can't spend all day drinking at the Imp then playing golf all day Sunday like I could a year or two ago. 

Just need to support City enough so hedaik jnr doesnt support Victory. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...