Melbourne Football

December 19 Christmas Derby

Cityscape

14 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

One month ago everyone on this forum was terrified whenever seeing Clisbys name anywhere near the team sheet! 4 weeks on his been asked to do multiple roles and continues to do his job amazingly well! 

He still makes me super nervous, much like Tando did when he first took over for Redders, but he is starting to show he isn't a liability anymore. 

17 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

One month ago everyone on this forum was terrified whenever seeing Clisbys name anywhere near the team sheet! 4 weeks on his been asked to do multiple roles and continues to do his job amazingly well! 

Clisby the new Hoffman. 

Fukn awesome. 4 in a row. Multiple scoring options. 

A game we easily could have thrown away but didn't. 

Well done lads, such a sweet result. Also amazing atmosphere, so well done to everyone going nuts.

PS ref was a fukn disgrace, did all he could to get them over the line.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

No, just no. 

The guy couldn't pass wind after eating tafche grafche let alone pass a football.  Not sure if he completed a single forward pass-nearly cost us a goal doing that.  Classical JVS Circus Act Defender.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommykins said:

I'll reassess in the cold light of day, but what was the coverage of Berishas tantrum  just before half time like on the television?

tbh I thought they made more of his tantrums earlier in the half. the producers are clearly looking for the moment he snaps, before he earns himself a red. why a club would extend his contract, i have no idea....

Just now, silva10 said:

The best thing about the win was that we dug in and refused to buckle!

We are now creating a winning mentality in the team. Up to second I believe, which was a distant dream after that WSW game. 

agree that we dug in. was a special defensive display in the last 15 or so minutes. not special as in "we are Chelsea parking the bus", more like "we are Stoke and we'll put everyone except Williams (who is retarded) behind the ball and hope Mooy gets a chance to rip a FK into the top corner."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I'll reassess in the cold light of day, but what was the coverage of Berishas tantrum  just before half time like on the television?

Not sure about commentary, but he was much happier after half time after that sloppy gobby Ben Williams gave him at half time.

1 minute ago, silva10 said:

Your talking absolute rubbish. He has been one of our best defenders the past few games and has made plenty of successful forward passes

Watch tonights game again and take of your sky blue glasses  COUNT his no pressure passes going straight to the oppostion.  Look at he ;last ditch tackle in the box-from a pass he turned over.

The guys is rubbish.

Just now, Kiro Kompiro said:

Watch tonights game again and take of your sky blue glasses  COUNT his no pressure passes going straight to the oppostion.  Look at he ;last ditch tackle in the box-from a pass he turned over.

The guys is rubbish.

I don't have to take my glasses off. It was his pass that was intercepted, but he did recover to make the tackle. His passing early on was poor, but it improved.

He has done very well recently. I guess you just don't like him so will only look at the negative things he does.

42 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Out of the country so I gave my housemate my card so he could go sit in my seat

This too. My friend now reckons they're going to sign up for the 3 game membership after tonight. Can't wait til our next home game when we get a crowd of < 7000 to watch their face.

• Like 1

Just now, silva10 said:

I don't have to take my glasses off. It was his pass that was intercepted, but he did recover to make the tackle. His passing early on was poor, but it improved.

He has done very well recently. I guess you just don't like him so will only look at the negative things he does.

No.  He's rubbish.  That was only his most significant cock=up.  There were several others that he simply picked an opposition player out with, and several others that just went nowhere.

He's getting time only because of injury to others.  Nothing more than minimum wage list filler

9 minutes ago, carlings said:

This too. My friend now reckons they're going to sign up for the 3 game membership after tonight. Can't wait til our next home game when we get a crowd of < 7000 to watch their face.

In the past, this is when we'd go to total crap and drive all the newly interested people away. Some very important games coming up.

Just back from the game. The membership tent staff changed our terrible GA tickets to Active tickets, already a good start to the game. Strangely after the first 5 minutes this was the first game all season that I felt comfortable that we would win even though we didn't play particularly well.

Positives:

We won, we won against a good team that threw everything at us and we won without playing especially well

It was good to see Retre and Mauk score, we just don't rely on our big three.

It was good to see the passion in the players, winning that game meant a lot to them.

It was great to see the wings getting involved in the active support

Negatives:

Nothing significant, it wasn't a great game from us, we missed too many chances up front and

Struggled in midfield against what looked on paper to be an inferior visitors midfield. Our midfield pass completion was poor and first pass in attacking transition was poor and needs to improve, there were far too many turnovers.

17 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

In the past, this is when we'd go to total crap and drive all the newly interested people away. Some very important games coming up.

Agree, the next 3 games will tell us of we truly have turned the corner. We play Mr Anti Football next week, a crucial game to win for us.

It was pleasing to win without much in the way of heroics from Harry, Tuna and Mooy. It wasn't perfect and that second half was unbelievably tense, but bloody hell...what a win. Sorensen was incredible, I thought the makeshift defence was pretty good, considering how much action it saw and there were positive signs from Koren and Hughes.

There's a massive few games coming up for us. The team must keep this momentum. 

Edited by SF33

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Clisby was my MoM

Minus a bad pass or 2 Clisby has confidence and looks the goods. Pity about the red hair but makes him easy to spot.

WE ARE MELBOURNE......... 

WE ARE CITY...........

Watching Sorenson and Tuna hugging 10mins after the game finished was great to see, sometimes wonder about Visa players whether they buy into the club or not.

1 hour ago, Deeming said:

What a night!