Melbourne Football

Bicycle Service.

dRoy

I'm not really into bikes or anything. But I'm about to buy a bike to store at my sisters house in the city, so I can ride to pubs etc and fight the power of not paying taxis.

This bike needs new tyres and the person said would need some brake pads replaced.

I was thinking may as well send it to a bike shop for a full service. But I don't want to pay an exorbinate amount on that, as I'm a tightarse.

How much does one usually pay for a bike service? Which would include new tyres and pads etc.

Me hopes < $70.

I love eBay.

• 9 months later...

Anyone know of any cheap online retailers/physical shops where I can get some clip in shoes for my mountain bike?

I'd rather go to the bike shop as I have flat wide feet and as shoes don't seem to come in 1/2 sizes, you can try on different models around the place until you get the ones that fit.

I've gone off online as the cost benefit to lack of after sales service, returns etc. is marginal. Cecil Walker in Elizabeth St is competitive on cost, has good gear and good service.