Melbourne Football

Forum changes 9/11/2015

Tesla

43 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Ok so I got the PC working but not the iphone.  tips?

Refresh doesn't work?

Do you have the 'request desktop site' option in chrome (or whatever browser you're using) on iphone? My experience is that does a full refresh much like ctrl + f5 on PC, you can then immediately turn off 'request dekstop site'.

7 hours ago, hedaik said:

Layout looks nicer

Double spacing upon hitting 'enter' remains, and it looks like emoticons are missing though 

Emoticons are there, just on mobile less things are shown at the top of the editor, but I can add emoticons to the top of the editor on mobile as well if it's an issue.

Interesting, there is an option added now that I can change what the return key does which should fix the double spacing thing. Let's try it and see if it's better.

There is also an option for formatting to be automatically removed from pasted text, not sure if I should turn that on.

EDIT: ffs it changes all old posts as well and makes them look strange without double spacing, not sure if want.

You're going to have to refresh again if there is still double spacing for you to see what I mean.

Edited by Tesla

Yeah I changed it back, would rather the 'double space' (it's not actually double space, just a new 'paragraph', kind of like how Word works these days with the default font/settings)

Oh I'm stupid, it didn't occur to me before (or maybe it's new), if you press shift + enter instead of just enter then it just goes to the next line (no 'double spacing').

So basically, if you need a new paragraph just press enter, if you just need a new line for whatever reason, shift + enter :up: 

Quoting seems to work a lot better (at least on PC).

Edited by Tesla

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

... if you press shift + enter instead of just enter then it just goes to the next line (no 'double spacing').

So basically, if you need a new paragraph just press enter, if you just need a new line for whatever reason, shift + enter :up: 

That's a great improvement - e.g. in the goalscorers and attendances thread. Makes the list much easier to read.

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

Refresh doesn't work?

Do you have the 'request desktop site' option in chrome (or whatever browser you're using) on iphone? My experience is that does a full refresh much like ctrl + f5 on PC, you can then immediately turn off 'request dekstop site'.

So after I told it to wipe browser memory and did the above, it worked.

17 hours ago, Tesla said:

Yeah I changed it back, would rather the 'double space' (it's not actually double space, just a new 'paragraph', kind of like how Word works these days with the default font/settings)

Oh I'm stupid, it didn't occur to me before (or maybe it's new), if you press shift + enter instead of just enter then it just goes to the next line (no 'double spacing').

Quoting seems to work a lot better (at least on PC).

tes why da fuk did you remove comic sans? 

can u make my default comic sans pl0x?
after all i've done for u this is how u repay me?

fukin det its all his fault

• Like 1

Sorry issues is a bit vague. Everytime I go to "reply to this topic" it only give me the option to add files. I noted earlier if you change to desktop mode and do a refresh that could help, but I really don't know how to refresh once changing to desktop mode. After you stop laughing at my incompetence an answer would help. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Sorry issues is a bit vague. Everytime I go to "reply to this topic" it only give me the option to add files. I noted earlier if you change to desktop mode and do a refresh that could help, but I really don't know how to refresh once changing to desktop mode. After you stop laughing at my incompetence an answer would help. 

Just refreshing it should work (pull the screen down). Changing to desktop mode itself should refresh it as well, which is why I suggested it.

On my phone (also android) I jsut needed to refresh and it worked.

Alternatively, going into settings and deleting your browser cache will definitely do the trick, as others have mentioned.