Melbourne Football

Annual Valentines Day Fixture

nikos

Given that the love heart is a symbolic image on a day like Valentines Day, I'm going to put it out there that I reckon it would be a great idea if Melbourne Heart had an annual home fixture on this day every year. This could represent strong branding and marketing for the club, and would be a fantastic occasion for a game of football.

Also, just a great day to further show your love for the team on the day of love.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I prefer to think of the name of my football team being linked more with "courage" as in "he showed some heart", not cuddly teddy bears.

Id prefer my team actually get more fans to a game and make lots of money without it being a Derby. If this idea means that could happen, I'm willing to let Heart mean what ever they want it to be.

Good luck to all the guys out there convincing their wives to go to a soccer game instead of taking them out to dinner.

Dont see what is wrong with the $9 fish&chips from the snack bar, washed down with a romantic beer in a plastic cup.

If we somehow could recruit some decent looking chaps that can also score some goals, help assist and defend,

The Wives would be there, and may also boost our non derby crowd numbers.

Id prefer my team actually get more fans to a game and make lots of money without it being a Derby. If this idea means that could happen, I'm willing to let Heart mean what ever they want it to be.

i agree. if we can get more people in to watch the heart and support them, i think that would be the best outcome

I don't see anything wrong with the idea, so why not put it to the club as a suggestion? Could be combined with a function perhaps (but at a price the real fans can afford). But, surely, what we need to focus on for the next couple of years is getting results on the pitch and most of all getting results on the pitch at AAMI? All the other stuff is great, but I have a feeling that so far it's detracted from the focus being where it's needed - winning. Winning is what will bring people to Heart games, increase membership, bring income, players, publicity and sponsorship.

I'm pretty open to ideas that make Melbourne as Red and White as possible, so yeah it sounds alright to me. It would only be one game a season anyway. Although I don't know what else you do to make it a 'day' besides have it on Valentines Day. Maybe thats enough. Teddy bears or anything similar would be overkill..

I agree winning and playing good football is the best way to attract support and that should be the main focus of the club. Nothing wrong with a small idea here or there though.