Melbourne Football

Stefan Zinni

japiedog

When is this kid going to get a real chance 

shone in the match against Wellington

has pace and awareness, he would have been a better option than Willo, coming of the bench last night 

agree. It's surprising especially after a couple Espindola starts.

When is this kid going to get a real chance 

shone in the match against Wellington

has pace and awareness, he would have been a better option than Willo, coming of the bench last night 

Japie, you are breaking forum tradition by not starting the thread with the word "Sack"!

As to Zinni, yeah he looks promising.  hopefully more opportunities will come.

had that great chance, but didn't finish it, at least it grazed the post and didn't end in row Z, like other Heart/City players shots have in the past

looked very apprehensive a times, getting in peoples way, probably nervous and not exactly sure of his "place" 

I reckon overtime he will be a very good player 

I thought he played really well apart from the final pass/cross in. Could have been because he's better on his right than left and would be better off on RW (where he played so well against the Phoenix). He's really quick and really good at drawing the free too. He drew two pretty good frees in the first half and our first goal that was a result of that (I think, I can't remember exactly).

I thought he played really well apart from the final pass/cross in. Could have been because he's better on his right than left and would be better off on RW (where he played so well against the Phoenix). He's really quick and really good at drawing the free too. He drew two pretty good frees in the first half and our first goal that was a result of that (I think, I can't remember exactly).

He should been awarded a pen.  With more game time he will improve. Bonus is we are not relying on him, if he produces and develops over the season then we will a genuine quality back up for Novillo/Gamiero. That also goes for Kuzi and maybe if they rip it up they may even cement a starting spot that's when it becomes exciting. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Take what you want from it, but Zinni's last game (think it was Newcastle or CCM at home) when he was taken off- JVS did not even acknowledge him let alone shake his hand. This is the first time I have seen JVS NOT shake a players hand when coming off. 

Have not seen Zinni in the match day squad since.... 

• 8 months later...