Melbourne Football

Matchday thread 2015/16

Tesla

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

how the fucks redmayne kept another clean sheet :hkpalm:

This is what I have concluded

Popovic has the gift of turning experienced A-League rejects into Asian Champions

JVS+Aloisi have the curse of turning Average A-League players into shit cunts in Melbourne.
Except Mooy, he just made himself good in the league because he wears a magic hat.

1 hour ago, Young Polak said:

Popovic has the gift of turning experienced A-League rejects into Asian Champions

JVS+Aloisi have the curse of turning Average A-League players into shit cunts in Melbourne.
Except Mooy, he just made himself good in the league because he wears a magic hat.

Tbh I don't think it has much to do with Popovic, but more so our coaches/keeper coaches.  Redmayne come to as a highly promising player and turned to shit whilst playing for us. He then leaves and gets coached by a non shit keeper coach and has turned his form around in 6 or so games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Young Polak said:

Plenty of players have done nothing or got worse under Popovic. He's not a miracle worker, but he has had a few successes. 

Redmayne is still making a stuff up a game, but is getting away with it. His general game has improved markedly though & in fact his sharp release last night led to a quick counter and goal.  

45 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Plenty of players have done nothing or got worse under Popovic. He's not a miracle worker, but he has had a few successes. 

Redmayne is still making a stuff up a game, but is getting away with it. His general game has improved markedly though & in fact his sharp release last night led to a quick counter and goal.  

Look what's more important is that we gave JD's son a job

15 hours ago, haz said:

Watching Wanderers play well  annoys me . We arguably have the best team on paper but have a spud coach. 

How on earth we lost to Newcastle is beyond me. Haven't won in their last eight matches and haven't scored in their last four. That was three points thrown away.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

anyone else watching the Smurfs v CCM game? 

talk about all action.  cross bar rattled after a minute. injured player after taking a penalty.  Keeper sent off after giving away a second penalty but only after a second yellow (first yellow for back chat on first penalty!!)

Edited by mattyh001

1 minute ago, mattyh001 said:

anyone else watching the Smurfs v CCM game.  injured player after taking a penalty.  Keeper sent off after giving away a second penalty but only after a second yellow (first yellow for back chat on first penalty!!)

Makes you wonder how berisha doesn't get carded for dissent.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Nate said:

Central Coast are an embarrassment to the league in their current state, spend some fucking money on players already. 

Everyone could see pre-season that their squad was laughably weak and that was before the likes of Bosnar and Reddy left too.

Realistically they're 3 players short of a top 6 side, but they're 3 key positions. Goalkeeper, Centre Back and Striker. If they had kept Reddy and hadn't wasted 2 Visa spots on Heffernan and O'Donovan they'd be in a far better position. The nucleus is there: Roux, Rose, Ashcroft, Montgomery, Fitzgerald, Caceres, Austin & Ferreira plus some good young squaddies like McGing, Kalik, L.Rose and Neill.