Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

Last season's memberships kicked off on Thursday June 5th with the name/colour change and Villa 'signing' announcement.

The website says "2015-16 Memberships Coming Soon", but it can't be long now: http://membership.melbournecityfc.com.au/

Considering the 2015-16 memberships were not launched on Thursday June 4th along with the Franjic signing, here's hoping that this week we get a major signing announcement :up:

Bring on the 2015/16 season! #GoHeart

Edited by jw1739
Merged thread

Perth have already released their 2015/16 membership drive. Price reductions and free tickets to FFA Cup matches in their offer, and free parking for Platinum members.

http://membership.perthglory.com.au/

http://www.perthglory.com.au/membership/201516-memberships-on-sale/1conayqxxt3cv1bcfk23dwn29q

Several other clubs have also released memberships for 2015/16. For example, Brisbane offer free public transport to their home matches. http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/membership/secure-your-roar-membership-at-last-seasons-prices/1i4ysoj1v44uk14zk90oghhu6b

I don't think we need to hurry, but IMO City need to review what they are charging and what they offer in the packages. We are among the most expensive in the league.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 4

How about they make it cheaper and not have dodgy addons like an invitation to a training session in the middle of the week and a cap on numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if we went lower this year and crowds went down,considering we still have the same three duds in charge.

I have always said that I don't think a club has "made it" until they have 10,000 members and regular 10,000 attendances.

Well we finally made the first but we are still a long way off the attendance mark.

CFG are going to have to do a LOT to keep the membership and achieve the attendance mark.

In all seriousness, the target now should be 20,000 as only then can we say that we truly challenge the "other mob"

Ok let's be realistic - we're not gonna hit 20k until we actually win something first...a few things more like it...

I'd be happy with 12k by Round 4 (on the proviso we host the first Derby in Rd3) and 15k by the season's end!

not going to happen

Soriano said AAMI Park should be full every week. And whilst we are a long way from that, if CFG are serious about increasing the membership base then CFG have to make some big moves to make Melbourne City successful on and off the pitch. Especially given all the changes and rebranding, on the pitch success is the surest way now for Melbourne City to have larger crowds and more members.

I reckon it's a good prediction too that CFG will want to make an important announcement/s when Melbourne City's 2015/16 membership drives kicks off.

• Like 2

Last season's memberships kicked off on Thursday June 5th with the name/colour change and Villa 'signing' announcement.

The website says "2015-16 Memberships Coming Soon", but it can't be long now: http://membership.melbournecityfc.com.au/

Considering the 2015-16 memberships were not launched on Thursday June 4th along with the Franjic signing, here's hoping that this week we get a major signing announcement :up:

Bring on the 2015/16 season! #GoHeart

Samaras. Thursday 10am

Or get Samaras and fill the MCG with members accordIng to the Greek construction worker.

Greek construction worker has a point. Samaras at MCG May 2006, 95000 people. Make it happen Munn. They came to see skoko.

I came to see Stan "The Man" Laziridis! Greek too  ;)

Cancelled my membership. Going to attempt the task of bringing hedaik jnr. to games this year so happy to sit in GA and pick and choose the games I go to. 

Easy enough to get into active for the night games. 

Edited by hedaik

I cant work out why they did that.

1) its not as if the Yarra end fills up and members are forced to sit elsewhere and 2) wouldnt you want casual fans to be closer to to atmosphere, making them more likely to come back rather than be stuck up the graveyard end?

Hopefully it means they have massive plans and are expecting the place to be packed every game.

• Like 1

IMO what's happening here is Premium C will be the GA membership just with a reserved seat.

It will eliminate members having to buy a ticket for the home derbies Im guessing.

Id guess there wont actually be a GA membership, just GA tickets on the gate.

• Like 6

IMO what's happening here is Premium C will be the GA membership just with a reserved seat.

It will eliminate members having to buy a ticket for the home derbies Im guessing.

This would be reasonable, actually.

But that means members cant come with friends and sit at the Yarra end for any other games.

• Like 1

Next season, the Club will be changing the location of its General Admission seating areas which can be referred to in the 2015/16 AAMI Park map below. Should you wish to support your Melbourne City FC from the Southern bays (closest to Yarra River) then we are offering the chance to nominate a reserved seating preference which will be taken into consideration to rollover to a Premium C membership for the season ahead. General Admission memberships will no longer be available in Bays 1, 2 and 10-20 in 2015/16
For all General Admission members, please be advised that a Club representative will be in contact with you in the coming week via the phone number nominated within our records to discuss updates to our seating configurations at AAMI Park for 2015/16 which may affect your membership with Melbourne City FC.

This wording sounds as though GA memberships will still be available. Maybe they will be way cheaper and Cat C will be the price of the old GA

Edited by KSK_47

But that means members cant come with friends and sit at the Yarra end for any other games.

Potentially. Can't have it both ways I guess.

I'd doubt we'd sell out Premium C so there'll likely be Premium C tickets available on the gate, then its prob just a matter of moving to where there's room.

Anyway, everyone should wait and see before they get all outraged about it...

I'd doubt we'd sell out Premium C so there'll likely be Premium C tickets available on the gate, then its prob just a matter of moving to where there's room.

Well considering how much people have been fucked around by this club in the past, it probably would have been smarter to let us know what the changes are rather than say "there will be changes, we will let you know what they are soon". We usually assume the worst for a good reason.

Well considering how much people have been fucked around by this club in the past, it probably would have been smarter to let us know what the changes are rather than say "there will be changes, we will let you know what they are soon". We usually assume the worst for a good reason.

Don't know that I subscribe to the statement of being 'fucked around by this club' in particular, just about every club has to go through these things.

The changes they make will suit some, inconvenience others. The old damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fact of life.

I'd suggest there is probably good reason we are being informed of this now rather than after the memberships are launched.

• Like 1

Don't know that I subscribe to the statement of being 'fucked around by this club' in particular, just about every club has to go through these things.

The changes they make will suit some, inconvenience others. The old damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fact of life.

I'd suggest there is probably good reason we are being informed of this now rather than after the memberships are launched.

I won't get into they things that have gone on at this club and if other clubs have had to put up with similar. I'm just saying it would have been smarter to make the announcement with the alternative arrangements at the same time.