Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

On Fri Nov 13 2015 16:11:54 GMT+1100, jw1739 said:

I like the way our "Little Dribblers" baby memberships (0-2 y-o) include:

• Regular email communication including important Club announcements and team news
  • Football Family registration including priority access to Hyundai A-League Finals Series and Socceroos tickets
  • Invitation to x3 ‘Meet the team’ post-match events

It's pretty much garbage. All my son got that was remotely useful was a bib with the city logo stuck on it. And even that was such shoddy quality it shriveled up after going through the wash!

Would much rather he had got the signed certificate like they used to do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Current membership: 8096

14th Nov 2014: 10409

Almost a 25% drop-off

In reality it's probably a larger drop than shown by the figures. IIRC this time last year we had not yet offered any "limited matches memberships" whereas we released "4 home game memberships" on 6th October this year.

26 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

Memberships have just about faltered so now we have introduced a three match holiday pack (for $75) which includes the Derby match.

I don't mind the "3-match holiday pack" concept TBH, but if "in the metrics" they are given the same standing as my full-season ticket then that will be just laughable.

On 18 November 2015 4:07:28, Moraiwe said:

Received an email from the club asking me to fill out a survey as to why I haven't renewed my membership this year.  Quite enjoyed the opportunity to tell them how I felt.  

Yep got the same thing. Was nice to vent a bit about the club and the A league in general.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎07‎:‎28‎, Moraiwe said:

Received an email from the club asking me to fill out a survey as to why I haven't renewed my membership this year.  Quite enjoyed the opportunity to tell them how I felt.  

So did I. Phrases like:

- Too Manchester City

- Sydney/NSW/Manchester City pale blue, Melbourne is red and white

- Would like a club with member voting rights, not a franchise

- Corporate

- Boring

These were all mentioned.

If I had more room, I would have started on about team performance.

• Like 6

On 11/23/2015, 10:14:11, Peter said:

So did I. Phrases like:

- Too Manchester City

- Sydney/NSW/Manchester City pale blue, Melbourne is red and white

- Would like a club with member voting rights, not a franchise

- Corporate

- Boring

These were all mentioned.

If I had more room, I would have started on about team performance.

Too right. This club doesn't have it's own identity anymore. Just mini Manchester City.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

They arnt allowed to have an xmas break?

When you work for a professional sports team whose season runs from october to may, i don't think you should be expecting much of a break over christmas. Particularly when the club has been actively selling 3 game memberships as ideal christmas presents!

Edited by Pete Heartspur
  • Like 5

On 22/12/2015 at 11:51 AM, Pete Heartspur said:

When you work for a professional sports team whose season runs from october to may, i don't think you should be expecting much of a break over christmas. Particularly when the club has been actively selling 3 game memberships as ideal christmas presents!

Its very easy to sign up online. The daft people will have to wait. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

Its very easy to sign up online. The daft people will have to wait. 

Actually that's only true if it's simple. If it's complicated (like say you want a family membership but  1 of the family is a teenager) then you just can't do it on line. I'd say there are other situations like that.

Look surely at least 1 person can work up to & including Christmas Eve, it's hardly a major imposition.

Anyway like I care. Do what you like CFG, just don't whinge if the derby glory didn't bring in the members you hoped.

• Like 1

IMO taking a Christmas break and shutting your admin. office down completely is sloppy when your season is only 6-7 months and runs from October to March/April. If you want to grow your business that just ain't the way to do it.

Incidentally, try being a visitor to Melbourne interested in football, arriving on a Saturday/Sunday and seeing that there's a match on but not knowing much about the A-Leage/local clubs/ticketing etc. - so you ring the club to find out how to get a ticket...unless things have changed you won't get an answer.

Contrast the time a few years ago I was in London for a day, saw Crystal Palace were at home to Arsenal that afternoon, so I rang up Arsenal thinking I had Buckley's chance of getting a ticket...very nice bloke answered and said that they always had a couple of hundred seats reserved for people from overseas etc. such as me, told me which entrance at the ground to go to, produce some ID and to cut a long story short that afternoon I was perched high in the stands watching the game.

If you want fans you have to earn them.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...