Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I was going to make a joke about my photo being stolen, but in all seriousness CFG are breaching a few copyright laws by using other peoples photos for membership cards. 

Wouldn't they argue that they are merely personalising a member's personal membership card at his/her request using an image submitted by that member? 

Rather like the onus being on an author of a book (or song etc.) not to use any copyright material rather than on the printer of the book.

• Like 1

Wouldn't they argue that they are merely personalising a member's personal membership card at his/her request using an image submitted by that member? 

Rather like the onus being on an author of a book (or song etc.) not to use any copyright material rather than on the printer of the book.

Not sure, gimme 5 mins to research google so I can provide an answer that makes me sound like an expert

• Like 2

I was going to make a joke about my photo being stolen, but in all seriousness CFG are breaching a few copyright laws by using other peoples photos for membership cards. 

My read of the CFG terms is that (amongst other things) they say you've got to own the image you use, but once its uploaded HEY PRESTO, CFG now own it!

Not saying i did this of course (as I'm pretty sure it would be in breech of their rules and of course i would never want to break them) but a way around losing your copyright might be to have a photo you'd once downloaded from their predecessors website featuring say (random choice) a 6'8" dutchman celebrating goal of the year and uploaded that.  

• Like 1

Currently 6,618

14/15 season 9,100

13/14 season 5864

What are the odds of 2,400 in 3 weeks?

Small. Through September so far we have been increasing by an average 25 per day. If we progress to the semis of the Cup I anticipate us being between 7,000 and 7,500 at the start of the season.

status on the sportsubs site says packing 
Would like the see the club post something about fifa being out today as steph catley is on the cover

I had to change my address and they said within 2 to 3 weeks (I changed it last week)

Last year I got mine the week after family day

I went last year as well, it's hard to compare as the space where everything was set up was much more compact this year. Possibly there were more people though. Otherwise I guess it was pretty similar.

W-league squad was presented and is still pretty small, 9 players there and 3 who couldn't make it. Apparently we have internationals coming but no other details. It is pretty standard for wleague clubs to start late but we are behind other wleague clubs at this point (and it's our first season on top of that), hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Memberships as of September 26th:
2014/15: 8108
2015/16: 6702 (-1,406 from this date last season).

dxjkIoH.png

Wednesday Sept 30th will be 100 days since memberships became available this season so I will post a graph of "memberships by no. of days available" on Thursday. It'll also give the club a couple more days to process new memberships from Family Day & FFA Cup tomorrow night.

I'll give you a hint though, we're still around 10% down on last season :unsure: 

Memberships as of September 26th:
2014/15: 8108
2015/16: 6702 (-1,406 from this date last season).

dxjkIoH.png

Wednesday Sept 30th will be 100 days since memberships became available this season so I will post a graph of "memberships by no. of days available" on Thursday. It'll also give the club a couple more days to process new memberships from Family Day & FFA Cup tomorrow night.

I'll give you a hint though, we're still around 10% down on last season :unsure: 

Villa effect.

They should have sort of game on the day like a Youth game against a local side like they did once in the Heart days so then PPL without kids would be more likely to attend if some actual Soccer was on show.

I think it was twice. I remember one year seeing a Hoffman hat-trick and Ante Tomic in pretty well his only appearance for the Heart - against a VPL side? And I think the following year seeing Dugandzic miss an open goal from about 2 yards out - against the AIS?

I went the following year but not since. Agree with the comment that there's not a lot for adults without some football, but, after all, I guess the main purpose of the day is for the kids.

I also remember that Peter Sidwell was at at least one of the ones I went to, and addressed the crowd, and that was a nice touch.

I think it was twice. I remember one year seeing a Hoffman hat-trick and Ante Tomic in pretty well his only appearance for the Heart - against a VPL side? And I think the following year seeing Dugandzic miss an open goal from about 2 yards out - against the AIS?

I went the following year but not since. Agree with the comment that there's not a lot for adults without some football, but, after all, I guess the main purpose of the day is for the kids.

I also remember that Peter Sidwell was at at least one of the ones I went to, and addressed the crowd, and that was a nice touch.

Yeah - Say what you will about the decisions made at Heart as a speaker Sidwell is a smooth operator.

• Like 1

First of all lads sorry if this isn't thread worthy or if I've put it in the wrong place, mods feel free to move, merge or what ever.

I started following Heart back at day one and have followed us ever since, most seasons I'd go down to half a dozen games (give or take a couple) every year. Due to working weekends and the fiances I've just never been able to commit to a membership. However I'm finally in a position where I can commit to a membership and start going down to almost every home game. I'm working out what membership package to go with and really the question is to go with the active support or not, I've never had anything to do with any supporter groups or been in the active support areas so I'd love to know peoples thoughts and opinions on it.

In all honesty I do think I'd enjoy it but I've always been someone who will sit and observes and pick at the games, can that still be done? I also don't know anyone or associate with anyone who is part of a supporter group let alone a member, are these groups easy to slot into? I'd just love to know some people's thoughts, pro's and con's on it all.

Thanks in advance guys! 

• Like 1

Keep in mind the buyers strike by former Captains Club members. The Captains Club was abolished this year and members offered a discount on Premium B seats.

This means that groups like Dutch Connections lose their reserved seats.

Anecdotally I have heard that 80% of DC members such as I have not renewed however I can't confirm that. This club is certainly burning its bridges.

cheers Peter

First of all lads sorry if this isn't thread worthy or if I've put it in the wrong place, mods feel free to move, merge or what ever.

I started following Heart back at day one and have followed us ever since, most seasons I'd go down to half a dozen games (give or take a couple) every year. Due to working weekends and the fiances I've just never been able to commit to a membership. However I'm finally in a position where I can commit to a membership and start going down to almost every home game. I'm working out what membership package to go with and really the question is to go with the active support or not, I've never had anything to do with any supporter groups or been in the active support areas so I'd love to know peoples thoughts and opinions on it.

In all honesty I do think I'd enjoy it but I've always been someone who will sit and observes and pick at the games, can that still be done? I also don't know anyone or associate with anyone who is part of a supporter group let alone a member, are these groups easy to slot into? I'd just love to know some people's thoughts, pro's and con's on it all.

Thanks in advance guys! 

IMO you have to chose what's more important to you, really watching the game or the experience of active support. All the years in Yarraside, I reckon I missed almost as many goals as I saw. Granted, your average active supporter probably can focus on the game more, but it's still never going to be the optimum way to really watch the game. Having said that, it can definitely be more fun and a much better experience. just depends what you want.

• Like 4