Melbourne Football

Thomas Sorensen

Murfy1

5 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Sounds like total bullshit to me. Of course i dont work at the club so i dont see what goes on behind closed doors but soro going from being one of the only ones who looked like he gave a fuck about this club last season to being lazy and unprofessional this season sounds very difficult to believe.

Spot on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Sounds like total bullshit to me. Of course i dont work at the club so i dont see what goes on behind closed doors but soro going from being one of the only ones who looked like he gave a fuck about this club last season to being lazy and unprofessional this season sounds very difficult to believe.

I thought so too but my mate has been right multiple times and was onto Gamerio doing his knee days before it was announced. 

12 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I thought so too but my mate has been right multiple times and was onto Gamerio doing his knee days before it was announced. 

Not too hard to predict bro. Bloke with history of knee injury gets injured in the knee a few days into the season. 

12 hours ago, neio said:

Bouzanis saves penalty and puts in his most solid  90 minutes.  Sorenson in next match #JVSlogic 

Bouzanis was terrible in the first half. Looked his usual nervous self and kept turning over possession with the mandatory couple of kicks out for a throw. Was up the other end in the second half so didnt get as clearer view but second half looked much better.

I would definitely not call it a solid 90 minutes

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Bouzanis was terrible in the first half. Looked his usual nervous self and kept turning over possession with the mandatory couple of kicks out for a throw. Was up the other end in the second half so didnt get as clearer view but second half looked much better.

I would definitely not call it a solid 90 minutes

Oh, you're a hard taskmaster. I thought he played pretty well throughout. Sure, he made his mistakes, but I don't think anyone else was perfect either. Our defence is just so full of holes that it's hard for whoever we put between the sticks.

Just now, jw1739 said:

Oh, you're a hard taskmaster. I thought he played pretty well throughout. Sure, he made his mistakes, but I don't think anyone else was perfect either. Our defence is just so full of holes that it's hard for whoever we put between the sticks.

I just have no faith in him. Every time the ball goes near him he makes me nervous. And him fucking up constantly doesnt help

6 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I don't think I've ever felt remotely confident in any Heart/City defence and goalkeeper combo tbh

Haha was thinking the same. KSK bless him, gets a bit rose coloured as to how things used to be in the ole days.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I eas referring to season 2 madaschi/bolton you patronising cunt

What for the 8-9 games he played? Think even then we only kept 2 or 3 cleansheets.

Dont get me wrong he was good for us in that little stint but we were still pretty susceptible at the back; we just happened to be scoring more than we conceded.

Just now, bt50 said:

What for the 8-9 games he played? Think even then we only kept 2 or 3 cleansheets.

Dont get me wrong he was good for us in that little stint but we were still pretty susceptible at the back; we just happened to be scoring more than we conceded.

that 8-9 game period there, those were the glory days of this football club

Just now, bt50 said:

Yea. The only time in our history we have been organized at the back

I still believe that if the terrace hadn’t turned Tando in cult figure we’d still be hearing about how shit he was.

Not that I think he was crap; once he got his chance and the crowd got behind him he improved out of sight.

But you know, some people just cant admit they were wrong or that someone has improved and choose to pick the littlest things and blow them into full blown mistakes.

Same thing has happened with Dean and Rose so far, and Hoff before them; at the end of the day Dean hasn’t really made too many errors other than the Adelaide goal positioning and MAYBE the winner in the Perth game, although tbh I think that’s more on Rose than anyone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah those games were great. Who cares that we broke the scoring record and unearthed the best striker in the league last season..

Ffs. I am not longing for the days of Melbourne heart. I am saying that our defensive is a shambles at the moment, Bouzanis makes me nervous and i think sorensen is a better choice. 

Jesus christ

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I still believe that if the terrace hadn’t turned Tando in cult figure we’d still be hearing about how shit he was.

Not that I think he was crap; once he got his chance and the crowd got behind him he improved out of sight.

But you know, some people just cant admit they were wrong or that someone has improved and choose to pick the littlest things and blow them into full blown mistakes.

Same thing has happened with Dean and Rose so far, and Hoff before them; at the end of the day Dean hasn’t really made too many errors other than the Adelaide goal positioning and MAYBE the winner in the Perth game, although tbh I think that’s more on Rose than anyone else.

I agree, but i will say one thing about Rose.

He aint no Manny Muscat :D

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

I agree and I do think that Rose was at fault for the Perth goal however what makes people anxious is his lack of ability in commanding the box, it reminds too many people of Redders. I don't think that he's a brilliant keeper but is average A League standard. If we have an average keeper then we need an above average defence to win the League. At the moment we have a below average defence and an attack that's less efficacious that last season

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I agree and I do think that Rose was at fault for the Perth goal however what makes people anxious is his lack of ability in commanding the box, it reminds too many people of Redders. I don't think that he's a brilliant keeper but is average A League standard. If we have an average keeper then we need an above average defence to win the League. At the moment we have a below average defence and an attack that's less efficacious that last season

But we have the best keeper in the League on the bench. Work that out.

1 minute ago, japiedog said:

I brought this up earlier that he is leaving in January, got this imfo from someone with very close connections to the club

I wasn't told who his replacement is

Hopefully Velaphi, with Franky to take up the visa spot via an injury replacement.

• 1 month later...