Melbourne Football

Thomas Sorensen

Murfy1

I miss Tando too. But only as a back up. Sorensen is a class above, probably two classes, albeit at the end of his career. 100+ games for Denmark, played in a couple of World Cups and a couple of Euro championships. I hope Tando goes on to even a fraction of this in his career and he will have done very very well.   

A little disrespectful to the big Dane IMHO, he has been fantastic for us this year. I shudder to think how many more goals we would have copped and how many less points we would have without him.

Only thing I don't like is that he is that he is a dead ringer for Lucas Neill ! :) 

• Like 3

On 14 February 2016 at 8:11 PM, dr lime said:

I miss Tando too. But only as a back up. Sorensen is a class above, probably two classes, albeit at the end of his career. 100+ games for Denmark, played in a couple of World Cups and a couple of Euro championships. I hope Tando goes on to even a fraction of this in his career and he will have done very very well.   

A little disrespectful to the big Dane IMHO, he has been fantastic for us this year. I shudder to think how many more goals we would have copped and how many less points we would have without him.

Only thing I don't like is that he is that he is a dead ringer for Lucas Neill ! :) 

na, lucash neill looks like Shannon Noll

Perhaps the shame of conceding through u12 defending got the better of him. This is a guy who has performed at the highest level and to be in goals tonight watching it all unfold ... including the ridiculous the weather, the referring and JVS, it may have been too much in the end (or he got injured or felt a twinge)  ...  But with no official word, where there's smoke ... 🔥

Edited by Torn Asunder

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I might have been seeing things but at the end of the first half when he ran to the sideline to intercept a ball from the Phoenix he appeared to pull up a bit gingerly as the ball crossed the line for a throw. 

good hope he dislocated his hamstring

• Like 1

On 27/2/2016 at 1:55 PM, kingofhearts said:

He asked to get subbed because the whole clubs fucked and JVS is an incompetent dickhead

If he was injured the club website would have made a point of it in its match report.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/report-wellington-2-1-city/19bdi6y6in4zf15j3lr4ssj529

All it says is " ... City keeper Dean Bouzanis – who replaced Sorensen at half-time – stood up to make a crucial smothering block."

So you are correct  :up:

1 minute ago, Silverback said:

I'm disappointed lads, I would have thought someone on this site would have worked out why the hell he was subbed at half time. This forum is the source for all my gossip and makes me appear smarter at work on Monday's..... Unless someone comes up with something soon, all I'll be saying tomorrow is....

Hows this sound? Word on the grapevine is he lost his shit at jvs for the tactics chosen and how the team always concedes goals and plays so inconsistently week after week... jvs therefore dropped him.

9 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Hows this sound? Word on the grapevine is he lost his shit at jvs for the tactics chosen and how the team always concedes goals and plays so inconsistently week after week... jvs therefore dropped him.

An astute coach wouldn't drop him for getting angry, he'd use his anger to get the team involved in finding a solution

On 27 February 2016 at 2:00 PM, n i k o said:

I just don't beleive with the likes of Sornson, Kisnorbo, Wilko, Franjic, Zullo and now Malik we can't keep a clean sheet. Surely it's got to have something to do with the coaching staff. 

Franjic and zullo have always been suspect defenders at best, zullo especially. kisnorbo is by far our weakest link in the starting line up, was well past it last season. Wilko has played a handful of games and is underdone, hasn't played in 2 months when we got him, Malik much the same.

We failed to improve our center backs in the off season and have paid for it big time this season with the second worst defense in the comp. kisnorbo should've been re-signed as a squad player at best, not as a first XI player, Hughes has been a disaster, Franjic and zullo both coming back from injury plagued stints overseas, both good signings on paper but had question marks over how they would handle the season.

At this stage of the season I'd say franjic has been passable, zullo a fail along with Hughes, sorrenson obviously has been a good pick up but the 5 guys infront of him haven't helped him much. 

On 26/02/2016 at 7:57 PM, MHFC-FAN said:

Heard a rumor he lost his shit in the change room at jvs and or jvs dropped him because he blamed Sorensen for the goals... time will tell

If JVS really blamed him for the goals then JVS is even worse than we all thought. Second goal was perhaps a little soft but defending was just terrible. Red and white statues. 

Well if Sorenson has had a go at his team mates at half time you couldn't blame him. The fact nobody at the club has given a reason why he was subbed is just increasing speculation. If JVS did sub him because of the goals, he should be asked why the others in defence weren't subbed, because they were more culpable than him for the goals.

8 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Well if Sorenson has had a go at his team mates at half time you couldn't blame him. The fact nobody at the club has given a reason why he was subbed is just increasing speculation. If JVS did sub him because of the goals, he should be asked why the others in defence weren't subbed, because they were more culpable than him for the goals.

Was Achilles injury 

14 minutes ago, silva10 said:

Kisnorbo was the culprit for the first - just stuck out a leg rather half-heartedly. The whole lot of them were guilty for the second - just stopped and watched the ball. Sorensen's effort wasn't much either.

However...I read that his achilles tendon was troubling him and he was taken off as a precaution. Can't remember where I read it now.

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

An Achilles injury in a player in his late 30s that goes away in a week?

Yeah nah dirty laundry stay in house and well just got with an injury to cover up the "JVS is an incompetent human let alone coach who worries more about his tan than his      coaching inability to dress a suit with sneakers rather than dress shoes  .....

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Kisnorbo was the culprit for the first - just stuck out a leg rather half-heartedly. The whole lot of them were guilty for the second - just stopped and watched the ball. Sorensen's effort wasn't much either.

However...I read that his achilles tendon was troubling him and he was taken off as a precaution. Can't remember where I read it now.

Well I did think Paddy should have done better, but for me Zullo should have been covering as Fenton was playing on his side. The second goal was pathetic from all of them. First of all the cross should have been stopped. Instead the entire team stopped and allowed an easy tap in.

5 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I don't care what he wears (unless he looks like a tramp like Kenny Lowe) and I'm sure that he's a nice guy. I'm also sure that he's not a great coach at this level

His done nothing in his coaching career he went from being shit at heart to shit at his next destination and back to shit at city. Why bring shit back when all you have to do is flush and be gone for good!!

Just now, AntiScum said:

His done nothing in his coaching career he went from being shit at heart to shit at his next destination and back to shit at city. Why bring shit back when all you have to do is flush and be gone for good!!

I think that his tactical acumen has deteriorated since his first stint and there's no sign that his man management has improved. His team selection remains poor

On 2/3/2016 at 9:32 PM, belaguttman said:

I think that his tactical acumen has deteriorated since his first stint and there's no sign that his man management has improved. His team selection remains poor

you can add man management, shocking substitutions, inability to read a game, poor dress sense with suits paired with sneakers, his orange tan & the list goes on ......

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've watched the first goal a couple times. I really don't think Kisnorbo could have cut it off. TBF it was a top notch cross and trying to read that wind so early in the game was impossible. 

Problem was that we are used to Kisnorbo making those lunges more often than not and because he didn't it looks like he made a mistake. I really think he and for that matter no one could have cut it off.

Having said all that the space given by Franjic was horrible to allow the cross to come in.