Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Oakleigh Cannons - Wed 9 September Jack Edwards Reserve 7:30PM

MCFCDion

Am I the only one shocked about this friendly?

We are both alive in the cup right now and thus could potentially be playing each other in a quarter final.  Plenty of other clubs to choose from.

works in our favour if anything, means we can find out more about them. 

It's not as if they've got to dig through old tapes to figure out Mooy's our best player etc.

• Like 2

We are both alive in the cup right now and thus could potentially be playing each other in a quarter final.  Plenty of other clubs to choose from.

I'd say it is one of those games where we play 1 or 2 seniors still needing match practice and the remainders our youth and trialists.

works in our favour if anything, means we can find out more about them. 
It's not as if they've got to dig through old tapes to figure out Mooy's our best player etc.

Hahaha, if we need to know more about them then surely season over for us. We should roll them if we're serious contenders this year and if JVS knows what he's doin'.

I hear they've got a room full of betamax tapes waiting to be converted.

Actually not as bad as the Adelaide match in Darwin. The quarters are not until 22nd-30th September so there's plenty of time to recover from a match.

But yes, our pre-season so far does seem a little ad hoc. Perhaps we didn't expect to progress in the Cup...

Hahaha, if we need to know more about them then surely season over for us. We should roll them if we're serious contenders this year and if JVS knows what he's doin'.

I hear they've got a room full of betamax tapes waiting to be converted.

complacency never really bodes well for a club like ours, better to be wiser than not.

• Like 1