Melbourne Football

NOTICE: Listen Up

LR9

Spot on @LR9. The club needs supporters in the bad time not just the good. The fricken visitards get their vocal crowd each week even through their shitty stretch. Lets back the lads and give them some support to let them know we are with them. If you were feeling bad and going through hard times at home and your family turned on you and bagged the crap out of you, how would you feel. ? The season is not over yet. Lets at least keep the tards out of the six. That would give me a huge buzz. :)

• Like 1

Agree. We're all hellishly frustrated at the way the wheels have fallen off. We have four home games left, three we should win if we get it right. We need more support for the boys, not less. So let's get there in numbers.

And, yes. We need to watch what's being said about individuals. I'm thinking more about some of the posts concerning family members of club people. Just because this is an internet forum doesn't mean we can say what we like. Might be a good idea if moderators purged the site of certain threads.

Edited by jw1739

Wish empathy and maturity could be willed upon others. Unfortunately the ones who stand up are the first to get cut down.

I wholeheartedly agree with your points and this is why I rarely if at all post in the football threads. I like to keep my views to myself and share with those who know me without judgement (I am a little precious like that)

Also a major reason why I have biannual tantrums and want absolutely nothing to do with any of this. I am not about attacking players, staff or supporters, not my deal, I'm just here because I love the game, the team and some chaps I would consider pretty decent people.

Totally agree, i was brought up on this wonderful game over in th U.K. and if you supported a football team you supported them through thick and thin and woe betide the fairweather followers.

it did'nt matter if your team are doing well or if they looked like relegation prospects,you still got behind them. Also agree with 11v11 how would you feel in that situation. Come on the Heart!!!! As you can see i cannot get to all home games but when i do come down to AAMI i shout for the Heart from the Heart.

Edited by johnno cpfc

Totally agree, i was brought up on this wonderful game over in th U.K. and if you supported a football team you supported them through thick and thin and woe betide the fairweather followers.

it did'nt matter if your team are doing well or if they looked like relegation prospects,you still got behind them. Also agree with 11v11 how would you feel in that situation. Come on the Heart!!!! As you can see i cannot get to all home games but when i do come down to AAMI i shout for the Heart from the Heart.

Its the tough times that make the good all the more sweeter!

Ok everyone, my take on it, if you'll let me have my say:

The attitude here is getting downright hostile, like Baghdad or Kabul on a bad day. EVERYBODY stop this constant bitching and moaning, we are a team here, and we all support the same team (judging by some of the threads I'm not too sure). I support the Heart because we are a chance to show everyone in the League what a true Melbourne team is like. I still feel confident, so we have had a bad run since the New Year, these lads are still our team, and we need to show some fucking ticker and keep supporting the team.

Lets get out there on Friday night and show the boys that they have our FULL AND PASSIONATE support, and lets see them get the results that we all want to see and feel we deserve.

Feedback is welcome, hopefully I have gotten my view across.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN RED!!!

• Like 1

This thread had turned into rubbish. If we've gotten the negativity, inappropriate language etc. out of our systems that is good.

Let's try and be constructive when we criticise and at least form some forum-worthy opinions/discussions on this site.

I'm as annoyed as any member/fan of our club that we haven't put the ball in the back of the net enough n had a win or two this year. Games against Central Coast, Brisbane and the 'dark side' went unrewarded.

JVS is leaving, i'm hopeful the players put in 100% and get the results to make the top 6 and send him off with the knowledge that we will be a better team next season.

Us fans stay positive, get to every home game remaining and support our club as best we can.

We've got to stick with them.

I understand where the OP is coming from. I don't think things are that bad though.

There are other places to discuss football, including A-League football, on the net. But no other place that is strictly all things Melbourne Heart. I think the forum atmosphere is largely mirroring the 8 game winless streak, but nonetheless I reckon there could be more talk on which players are playing best, constructive talk on what will need to happen for the Club to perform better and less talk on sackings, mindless scapegoating, criticising posters and not posts etc etc.

The forum can be a garbage tip or an actual forum depending on the many little things posters do. Of course people like myself pay to support the club and have the choice to do whaever they wish, but there is no reason to choose to make the forum constantly negative and bitter.

Simple, line in the sand here.

• Those who support the club through thick and thin, win, loss or draw will be in attendance on Friday night at AAMI Park it is that simple.
  • Those who aren't going to attend that's fine as well, but a message to all these theatre going fans, remember that every club has its good days, bad days, good seasons and indifferent seasons but the most loyal of fans will always stick by their side no matter the result!
  • People who are saying we are going to fold should simply cut their memberships in half as comments like these are not wanted by the majority of the fans.
  • Yes even I question why we bought some players, but such is life, I can guarantee everybody that every single player who is named in the A-League or NYL squad actually tries to give it their all, no matter how good their skills are.
  • Yes we have dropped 4 places but seriously keep the faith, we're not even out of contention for finals!
  • There is no point of becoming divided because it will not help the players, the coach or the administration
  • WANT TO SHOW PASSION THEN GET DOWN ON FRIDAY NIGHT, CHANT AND SCREAM AS LOUD AS EVER, GET BEHIND THE BOYS AND STOP THIS UN-CALLED FOR GARBAGE!

• Like 1

Simple, line in the sand here.

• Those who support the club through thick and thin, win, loss or draw will be in attendance on Friday night at AAMI Park it is that simple.
  • Those who aren't going to attend that's fine as well, but a message to all these theatre going fans, remember that every club has its good days, bad days, good seasons and indifferent seasons but the most loyal of fans will always stick by their side no matter the result!
  • People who are saying we are going to fold should simply cut their memberships in half as comments like these are not wanted by the majority of the fans.
  • Yes even I question why we bought some players, but such is life, I can guarantee everybody that every single player who is named in the A-League or NYL squad actually tries to give it their all, no matter how good their skills are.
  • Yes we have dropped 4 places but seriously keep the faith, we're not even out of contention for finals!
  • There is no point of becoming divided because it will not help the players, the coach or the administration
  • WANT TO SHOW PASSION THEN GET DOWN ON FRIDAY NIGHT, CHANT AND SCREAM AS LOUD AS EVER, GET BEHIND THE BOYS AND STOP THIS UN-CALLED FOR GARBAGE!

Hoo-Fukn-Ray. Exactly @toogood18 well said. If the team feels good then we feel good, if they feels shit then we feel shit. Through thick and thin we support the club. That is why I believe a supporter liaison officer at the club to represent the fans, IE: Yarraside and other passionate supporters. Someone to pass on how the fans feel and their views. The fans work very hard off the pitch to promote the club and support them, they spend good money to be there and to travel, they should be heard. But please be proactive and not destructive. We all know that one thing we are united in is the success of the Heart name and brand on and off the pitch. After reading many of the comments even if they seem harsh, represent the passion for Heart. In no way is the season gone, there are still 6 games left. Lets make the chances we have the best possible and that includes us the fans. We criticize the players if they do not give 100%, well, as fans we should deserve the same criticism if we do not give 100%. Cmon people we are in this together.

From what I've read around here I don't think posts like that are necessarily embarressing, I just don't think people know of other ways to word what their thinking or feeling which is understandable when it comes to being passionate about a sport/club/sportsman/woman/supporters etc.

Criticism in it's most constructive form does a world of good for everyone, it's just the negative spin on things has to stop. I also agree with what the OP's first point is. This is not an elitist forum - or so it seems it. If someone has an opinion or an idea or a thought people should respect it and the poster not just push them aside and string together some nonsense ramble on how it's just not good enough. Just think about how you'd feel if everything you mentioned turned out negative.

I think that as supporters we should be encouraging criticism, but as has already been pointed out criticism is not the same as attack. Put some thought into why you have that viewpoint and suggest an alternative solution and why. football is a game of opinions, like arseholes everybody has one. Share your opinion but in a thoughtful way, think before you post.

I don't spend much time in this part of the forums, but I have been to all but one of our home games in the last two seasons, actively sing throughout and give great advice to young 'uns trying to beef up, so I value my own opinion.

My opinion is this:

Everyone is a keyboard warrior, but just as posting on a girl's facebook wall doesn't mean you're a smooth operator in real life, forum action doesn't equal real life action.

So just ignore it, and contribute more positive stuff. Let the shit threads die, don't respond to dumb comments (why waste your time and energy) and make smart comments, that are well thought out and articulated.

The world would be a better place.

PS. Fuck off Suarez.

• Like 1

This forum has been unreadable.. Intelligent posts just get drowned out.. It is ok to criticise in a way that is football related and in context..

Anyone that posts a 'sack ...' thread should immediately be banned..

It is embarrassing..

Yep. I'm with you. The hostility, abuse directed at other members etc seriously detracts from this forum. The 'sack' threads should all be banned - they're attacks, not positive debate, and the posts discussing MHFC staff's daughters were both downright offensive and rather embarrasing. It would be good for the forum to have some strong moderation for a while to clean it up. Forum rules would be good. We probably have them, I've never looked as most of its just common sense.

Like me, maybe refrain from posting emotive during or just after a game. Take time out and let the emotion go a little bit. My posts on Worm and Terra were emotive, and I apologise for them, but my opinion hasn't changed but I can now express them a bit better after I have had time to calm down. :D

Fuck that. Express yourself when the emotion is high, thats when it is 100% real and not filtered by concerning yourself about what other people think.

The 'sack' threads should all be banned - they're attacks, not positive debate

What positive debate can you have over someone like Maycon? he is completely and utterly shit, and if anyone thinks otherwise knows nothing about football. Why not "attack" him, he is useless and we need to let out our frustrations that this guy actually gets given game time despite being the worst professional football I have seen in my whole life.

What positive debate can I have over Worm when they are people out there that actually think he is good? This is a problem with the internet, everyone seems to think their opinion is actually worthy of being expressed no matter how wrong, ignorant and stupid they are. Thats as good a reason as any to not engage in a "positive debate".

posts discussing MHFC staff's daughters were both downright offensive and rather embarrasing

I am a man and will discuss the attractiveness of females all I want.

The best way to discourage trolls is to ignore them

Pretty spot on, as if people dont realise "Sack Milicic" is a troll thread. And pretty sure it was mainly directed at me as I have debated the proponents of that thread both on the forum and IRL as to the merits of Milicic. But I was just like I aint even mad, because it was a fail attempt, and I knew everyone will just think they are complete idiots, which they did. Thread backfiring at its finest.

• Like 2

?

rofl Long black, you've had nothing to do with the Milicic thread ffs

I'll go in-depth about why I think Ante needs to gtfo when I get on a computer, not typing a fucking essay on a phone.

To the point, blown out of proportation. It's the internet.

What positive debate can you have over someone like Maycon? he is completely and utterly shit, and if anyone thinks otherwise knows nothing about football. Why not "attack" him, he is useless and we need to let out our frustrations that this guy actually gets given game time despite being the worst professional football I have seen in my whole life.

against modern Maycon

This forum is really starting to fall to shit, you guys need to pull your heads out, it's simply not good enough.

Stop...

- attacking each other,

- turning threads to shit,

- defaming the team, players and staff,

- talking complete and utter fucking trash, (eg fold the club)

- all this talk about not attending games/renewing memberships.

Many of you say you support(ed) this club due to the mob against the road, well.... I'll tell you what - your no better and no different.

The general attitude on this forum has to from average to complete rubbish over the past month or , I can't deal with this shit on here anymore.

This attitude is just not on! Yes, as fans we are here to criticize when things aren't going right, showing passion, etc. But some of this shit has gone up on these boards is simply unacceptable and borderline illegal ffs!

TIME TO PULL YOUR HEADS OUT, THE CLUB NEEDS YOU NOW, MORE THAN EVER!

Well said LR9

Telsa, I read your last post in an angry Maco voice in my head.

Now I can sleep well tonight.

Its the little things

against modern Maycon

Against all men purporting, through their use of similar name, to be somehow comparable to the Maicon of Inter fame.

Fuck that. Express yourself when the emotion is high, thats when it is 100% real and not filtered by concerning yourself about what other people think.

What positive debate can I have over Worm when they are people out there that actually think he is good? This is a problem with the internet, everyone seems to think their opinion is actually worthy of being expressed no matter how wrong, ignorant and stupid they are. Thats as good a reason as any to not engage in a "positive debate".

I am a man and will discuss the attractiveness of females all I want.

Pretty spot on, as if people dont realise "Sack Milicic" is a troll thread. And pretty sure it was mainly directed at me as I have debated the proponents of that thread both on the forum and IRL as to the merits of Milicic. But I was just like I aint even mad, because it was a fail attempt, and I knew everyone will just think they are complete idiots, which they did. Thread backfiring at its finest.

Pipe down bitch!

You know how I know you're a bitch, you got humped by my dog 10 times in 5 minutes!

Pipe down bitch!

You know how I know you're a bitch, you got humped by my dog 10 times in 5 minutes!

I would have raped your dog, but out of respect for you I let it slide. Had to get my beastality fix elsewhere. That horse will never be the same.